Preorder for the Alpha MPC is now open

awful, awful sculpt. I think it looks fine in battroid but in fighter mode it looks like an old matchbox toy.and 80 bucks?? hehe. I hate the nose and the big bubble cockpit the most. I am sure everyone is thinking the same thing as me: 'I'll get the tread because there is no tread toy out there (the lansay doesn't count because I haven't won the lottery)'. But, if this P.O.C. doesn't sell there won't be one. <_

awful, awful sculpt. I think it looks fine in battroid but in fighter mode it looks like an old matchbox toy.and 80 bucks?? hehe. I hate the nose and the big bubble cockpit the most. I am sure everyone is thinking the same thing as me: 'I'll get the tread because there is no tread toy out there (the lansay doesn't count because I haven't won the lottery)'. But, if this P.O.C. doesn't sell there won't be one. <_<

hwo cna yo compare them. I liek thsi sculpt. fi you dont; like ti dont; buy it. teh sculpt is fine. I haev th eodl gakken alpha. thsi si much better. also why dont; youw ait unitlit come sout first?

I think the sculpt is very good actually.

Just not worth 80 bucks for how small the thing is.

What is a P.O.C.?

Just curious.

I hope it isn't piece of crap, 'cause you can say crap you know...it isn't a bad word. The reason "they" invented POS is to avoid saying a bad word, not because it's catchy.

On another note, this is by far the best Legioss/Alpha sculpt I've seen (besides Moscato's). Looks good in Armo-soldier, and looks decent in Armo-fighter as well. Plus it seems very posable. Seems to me a lot of this is just toymani bashing. Not all of it I'm sure, you can't please everybody after all.

That said, $80 is way too much for this toy/figure/collectable.

IMO the sculpts fairly decent in Armo-Soldier mode, but I agree it has quite a few issues in Armo-Fighter mode.

That being said, it's not like we have a lot of choice as far as new Legioss/Alpha toys go, so I'll probably shell out the cash for one of these.

Actually, I'll probably buy one green and one blue, not sure about the red though. And I don't think I'll be buying multiples either.

Graham

I wonder if the quality of the finished toynami alpha fighter would improve if Yamato got on the band wagon to make

1/48 legios fighters. Perhaps Imai could re-make their models in "toy grade" abs plastic.

Not putting it down just want better products for that price

The vf series was a step in the right direction with the movable fingers and LED VF head. the only thing that i had was that the things that connected the legs could not be concealed in gerwalk and fighter mode.

This alpha seems to have a lot of potential, lets hope toynami exploits it well.

Edited by Rick_Randy

I wonder if the quality of the finished toynami alpha fighter would improve if Yamato got on the band wagon to make

1/48 legios fighters. Perhaps Imai could re-make their models in "toy grade" abs plastic.

The vf series was a step in the right direction with the movable fingers and LED VF head. the only thing that i had was that the things that connected the legs could not be concealed in gerwalk and fighter mode.

This alpha seems to have a lot of potential, lets hope toynami exploits it well.

yamato doesnt have, and woudlnt pay for the rights to mospeada, from what ive heard there is very little interest in japan for mospeada merchandise and they obviously cant market it outside japan

awful, awful sculpt. I think it looks fine in battroid but in fighter mode it looks like an old matchbox toy.and 80 bucks?? hehe. I hate the nose and the big bubble cockpit the most.  I am sure everyone is thinking the same thing as me: 'I'll get the tread because there is no tread toy out there (the lansay doesn't count because I haven't won the lottery)'. But, if this P.O.C. doesn't sell there won't be one.  <_<

hwo cna yo compare them. I liek thsi sculpt. fi you dont; like ti dont; buy it. teh sculpt is fine. I haev th eodl gakken alpha. thsi si much better. also why dont; youw ait unitlit come sout first?

The sculpt is bad beacuse is it a straight rip-off of the IMAI kit, and add to that the nose and cockpit sculpt which looks like a blind amputee did it. It's 2004, not 1985. The MPC prime shows that with effort you can make a toy that is jaw-droppingly amazing.

However, I could live with the above problems, but when you factor in the excessive price and the small size of the toy it spells crap. I have the super posable alphas and I think they are pretty cool. But I only paid $5 each for them. How can they charge 80 bucks?!?

What is a P.O.C.?

Just curious.

I hope it isn't piece of crap, 'cause you can say crap you know...it isn't a bad word. The reason "they" invented POS is to avoid saying a bad word, not because it's catchy.

On another note, this is by far the best Legioss/Alpha sculpt I've seen (besides Moscato's). Looks good in Armo-soldier, and looks decent in Armo-fighter as well. Plus it seems very posable. Seems to me a lot of this is just toymani bashing. Not all of it I'm sure, you can't please everybody after all.

That said, $80 is way too much for this toy/figure/collectable.

sorry.. I abbreviated out of laziness not moral high standards! :D I've got a few toynami toys and I love robotech so I'm pointing the angry finger at this toy in particular, not toynami. I think I'm ranting because of the price. If it was 30 bucks I would get them, but not at 80. I'll wait for the price cuts.

I wonder if the quality of the finished toynami alpha fighter would improve if  Yamato got on the band wagon to make

yamato doesnt have, and woudlnt pay for the rights to mospeada, from what ive heard there is very little interest in japan for mospeada merchandise and they obviously cant market it outside japan

Toynami obviously has the license for Japan as it was announced a long time ago that there will be a 'Japan' version.

Graham

nope 1/48 holds gun just fine. plus ur comparing 2 totally different mecha and toylines

really? and what world are you living in? ;)

if you click the elbow or twist the fore arm the gunpod falls out of its hand 99.99% of the time.

the MPC hands are better than yamato's 1/48 hands.....hands down!(bad joke :p )

i like the TV style hands myslef though they don't stay on all that well. <_<

and the gunpod doesn't mount underneath in fighter mode either. <_<

i really like yamato but can't that make one single toy without a QC issue?

hey

can anyone confirm this?

On the ebay auction, it said that a mini cyclone comes with it that can be taken out of the jet...is that true?

and judging from how smalle everyone says its gonna be...how small would that sucker be??

about 1/55 scale :pB))

hey

can anyone confirm this?

On the ebay auction, it said that a mini cyclone comes with it that can be taken out of the jet...is that true?

and judging from how smalle everyone says its gonna be...how small would that sucker be??

See the pilot? See that small grey thing on the right of him/his left? That small :)

post-26-1075417369.jpg

Hey, I don't know jack crap about MPCs because I don't like getting ripped off, but that pilot looks WAY out of scale, Isn't the Legios only supposed to be like 25 ft tall?

No....

you misunderstood. The pilot figure is NOT out of scale. It is rendered in a sitting position....so its not standing erect. Also, the Alpha is on an elevated surface and that throws the scale out of perspective.

And some of us have spatial reasoning ability.

Imagine that same figure standing up, by the foot of the toy while comparing the size of the foot and the now standing figure with the picture. It's out of scale.

Edited by Etrigan

WTF is the deal with that opaque canopy?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh. I think it is to make it close to the TV show as possible. Now I know why they use those missiles liberally. They cant see thru that canopy. No wonder they couldnt hit the broadside of the barn. :lol:

Top Guns they aint... :p

I don't mean to sound snotty or anything, but have any of you that have commented on the Canopy actually bothered to goto the RT.com site and read the post, before you complained? It clearly states under the transforming picture, that it will come with additional decals and a CLEAR canopy. Plus one other person before me in this thread has also mentioned this already.

Pilot are sometimes out of scale do to the engineering of a toy. Sometimes the landing gear can't be as thin as it should in an actual plane and it pushes the seat up. The pilot ends up being smaller in scale. Look at the 1/60s. Do you think that pilots with their legs missing below the knee can pilot a valk?

Yeah, that Cyclone is out of scale badly. Just look at the size of tires next to the sitting figure. They should be much larger than that.

And if the pilot is a little small, it's not that small. Looking at the pic and stretching the pilot into a standing position using only the power of my mind, I figure the pilot doesn't quite reach up to where it's supposed to against the Alpha's kneeguard. But it comes close.

The pilot is out of scale, but then again, so is the Legioss itself. Limitations of plastic toy production aside, it's not necessarily Toynami's fault: japanimation designs aren't terribly technical, and though the cockpits look nice & roomy in the animation, if you "scale up" a mecha to the technical specs that they quote, you'll find that the cockpit is barely large enough to accomodate an 11 year-old annorexic girl :lol:

It's also like that with the Hasegawa 1/72 Valkyrie models, the old 1/48 Imai Legioss, the latest 1/60 PG Gundams ( 2 different scale pilots, one to stand next to the mech, one to "fit" in the cockpit.) The list goes on.

Basically, if you can suspend your disbelief for a transforming, transatmospheric mecha, the pilot scale issue should moot itself :p