Graham's clarification - Yamato VF-0S

Graham

I plan on picking one up for sure... and if variants (0D... 2-seater 0A) show up, I'll likely pick some of them up too!

Expect variants :)

I'm looking forward to having a mixed squadron of VF-0S, VF-0A and VF-0D.

Now, just gotta persuade Yamato to make a 1/100 scale Asuka II complete with Destroid Cheyennes

Graham

and if variants (0D... 2-seater 0A) show up, I'll likely pick some of them up too!

I dunno if you'd see those. Yamato only produced the 1/60 VF-1D in a limited run, and that's the only variant of the basic mold that I know of.

Everything else has been a repaint of that same basic mold (minus head changes, of course), so that's probably your best bet about the Zero line, as well.

I plan on picking one up for sure... and if variants (0D... 2-seater 0A) show up, I'll likely pick some of them up too!

Now, just gotta persuade Yamato to make a 1/100 scale Asuka II complete with Destroid Cheyennes

Graham

Don't forget the armor!!! :D

Or maybe you DON'T have too mention it... hmmm... :ph34r:

:p:lol:

j/k just trying to feed the fire... :p

I dunno if you'd see those. Yamato only produced the 1/60 VF-1D in a limited run, and that's the only variant of the basic mold that I know of.

Everything else has been a repaint of that same basic mold (minus head changes, of course), so that's probably your best bet about the Zero line, as well.

ha!!! Graham says we will! :p

Sweet, I'm really looking forward to these... now I just want to hear what the final price point will be like....

Graham

If you look forward to it, so do I.

Just saw Mac0-ep3,, dope>>> Can not wait to get the two seater, it just looks so nice, maybe it is that sweet blue color ..oh i know... its the way the wings look in Gerwalk...Nice..

I am concerned about the skinny azz arms though...personally i think the chunky monkey is a great size,the 1/48 Yammy is a bit too big for me... the 1/60 Yammy is great if it had all the details of the 1/48, and could stand up by itself, and gunpod could fit properly in jet mode.....and & &......

[SIZE=7]Hey Yamato R&D hope your reading these boards...[/size]

Ummm.....if it is as big as the VF-11B then why the part swapping? I mean Kawamori put swing bars in so the design should be easier to realise as a toy. I guess they are just wanting cheaper toy they can sell bazillions of. I'll probably pick some up whilst I wait for some in a bigger scale.

It sounds like its for proportions not for transformation...

As far as a revised 1/60, I've suggested just such a thing. There aren't any of the 1/48's detail features that COULDN"T be effectively added to a 1/60 (from the nosecone to the flaps to the intakes/covers to the telescoping feet... even the skeleton hands are all easily doable in 1/60 without making them more fragile). And I PREFER the 1/60s backpack design (even if it's not as anime accurate it's not gonna snap of on you unless u abuse it - which is more than u can say for the 1/48's).

It's just like Bandai can have different levels of Gundam, Yamato SHOULD be revising the 1/60 line (maybe 1/100 following M Zero). I would love to have 1/100 VF-1's by Yamato along with Regults, Q-Raus, Nos-Ger, Glaugs, etc. Far more affordable and if they're playable too... they'll happily mix it up with VF-0s and SV-51s...

Congrats to Graham & Wife on the Kid. It is not every day a new Macross Fan is born! :lol: I wish you the best on this new and exiting adventure. Whoa, having kids is got to be something different! :)

On the VF-0, I guess, for Yamato an attractive price point is important in the immediate future. I was sure expecting the VF-0 to be 1/60 so we could have a "holy scale" were every model would keep one escale(a la 1/100 or 1/60 Gundam). IIRC, even the monster is set to be released on 1/60 scale, then why not the VF-0? I don't like it a bit, but since I'm Yamato's biaetch, then I guess I'l buy one of anything they produce for Macross. I was so happy about my 1/48s, and my nearly complete 1/60s collection, but now yet we have include another scale on this now complex equation. So that is 1/100, 1/72, 1/60, 1/48, and on a computer designed VF-0 we can't have a perfect transformation toy? You would think that with today's technology it would actually be easier to accomplish such thing. Anyways, I don't like complaining much, but I don't know why do we have to go back-steps on our Macross collection.

Vic.

Ummm.....if it is as big as the VF-11B then why the part swapping? I mean Kawamori put swing bars in so the design should be easier to realise as a toy. I guess they are just wanting cheaper toy they can sell bazillions of. I'll probably pick some up whilst I wait for some in a bigger scale.

Kawamori's swing bars retract into the fuselage and are only seen during transformation. I don't think doing that accurately would be possible on a 1/100 scale toy.

The more I hear about this thing, the better I feel about it. I really hope they make a 1/60 of it sometime, but the detail and lower price on the 1/100 is quite nice. We'll just have to see what the finished product looks like.

I like my toys around 12" tall, I love diecast, and I've never been a fan of swappable parts for transformation.

Were we separated at birth?

I thought I was the only one that liked the big suckers.

Anything less than 1/60th is second string for me, and 1/144 is so much worthless crap.

I 3rd these sentiments!

Although slightly disappointed that this VF-0 will not be of the same caliber as the 1/48 VF-1's, I'm still highly interested. Cheaper price means a lot to me, although I'd still fork out the cash for an expensive "perfect" one. Hey, though, it's the very first VF-0, and that's enough to get me to buy one.

You know , I´ve been reading this thread a lot and I´ve been thinking about it...

If these toys are gonna be the same size as the 1/72 M+ toys then that isn´t bad at all , considering all the detail the sculpt is said to have (remember it was developed in CAD/CAM). I mean , this is like having re-sculpted M+ toys only they´re actually M0 toys.

I´m looking at my ¨yet unbroken¨ VF-11B w/o FP and I simply adore this toy´s battroid mode , and since we´ve already seen fighter pics then I can be sure I wonñt be dissapointed by that.

Only things I´m worried about are :

- Pliot sculpt (OK , we´ve already seen what they can do by looking at the Low vis pilot , but this is 1/100 though).

- Hands sculpt (will they be similar to the 1/60s ? )

- Stability

I dunno if you'd see those.  Yamato only produced the 1/60 VF-1D in a limited run, and that's the only variant of the basic mold that I know of.

VT-1 and VE-1 were varients as well.

True enough.

I stand corrected, but still don't hold out hope for different mold Mac0 toys any time soon.

ahem , I think Graham already confirmed we can expect varaints ;)

What would be of a M0 toy line without having a VF-0D ? B))

Well, I for one am glad that we're getting ANY M0 stuff. Although it would be nice to have everything in the same scale my concern right now is shelf and storage space so something smaller is okay by me. As long as we get enough 1/100 scale stuff to make it worth while.

I'm expecting a new arrival too. A roommate. Gotta pay for my Macross stuff somehow. :p:D:lol:

You know , I´ve been reading this thread a lot and I´ve been thinking about it...

If these toys are gonna be the same size as the 1/72 M+ toys then that isn´t bad at all , considering all the detail the sculpt is said to have (remember it was developed in CAD/CAM). I mean , this is like having re-sculpted M+ toys only they´re actually M0 toys.

I´m looking at my ¨yet unbroken¨ VF-11B w/o FP and I simply adore this toy´s battroid mode , and since we´ve already seen fighter pics then I can be sure I wonñt be dissapointed by that.

Only things I´m worried about are :

- Pliot sculpt (OK , we´ve already seen what they can do by looking at the Low vis pilot , but this is 1/100 though).

- Hands sculpt (will they be similar to the 1/60s ? )

- Stability

I think I'll be reserving my verdict on this one untill I see the future pics on the VF-0.

I'm slowly cathing some interest on the 1/100 VF-0. Btw, congrats Graham on your

newest addition.

I dunno if you'd see those.  Yamato only produced the 1/60 VF-1D in a limited run, and that's the only variant of the basic mold that I know of.

True enough.

I stand corrected, but still don't hold out hope for different mold Mac0 toys any time soon.

Please note that I said "any time soon". Afterall, look how long it took for Yamato to produce the 1D, VE-1, and VT-1. I think Yamato sat back and took a look at the sales of the 1/60 line and decided it would be worth the risk.

Any variants would depend on the sales of this unit, I think.

True enough.

Please note that I said "any time soon". Afterall, look how long it took for Yamato to produce the 1D, VE-1, and VT-1. I think Yamato sat back and took a look at the sales of the 1/60 line and decided it would be worth the risk.

Any variants would depend on the sales of this unit, I think.

Actually how many different variants are there for the VF-0 ? just one ; the 0D.

The VF-0S and A are the same for the exception of the head sculpt and the paint-scheme.

The 0D only has a different nosecone and different wings (with little canards and the side of the intakes).

The GBP-0 is an add-on , not a variant so that shouldn´t count as another variant.

SV-51s are all the same with different paint-schemes.

OCTOS are all the same

Destroid Cheyennes are also all the same.

It´s actually only the 0D which would need some relevant changes , and considering it´s the main character´s mecha it should come out soon after the 0S , probably right after some SV-51s and 0As.

No, there have been pics of a two-seater 0A model, which some people have requested in toy form.

Due to the progress in getting different-mold toys in the VF-1 1/60 line, I suggest that for some time, all we're going to see are repaints of the same basic toy.

However, I wouldn't mind being pleasently surprised.

Here's all the possible varients that we have seen so far in Macross Zero, that may or may not get made as toys: -

• Focker VF-0S.
  • Shin VF-0D (Blue).
  • Normal VF-0D (Grey).
  • VF-0A Single Seat (Brown).
  • VF-0A Two Seat (Brown).
  • GBP-0 Reactive Armor.
  • SV-51 Nora.
  • SV-51 D.D.
  • SV-51 Normal (Brown).
  • OCTOS.
  • Destroid Cheyenne (Gun Arms)
  • Destroid Cheyenne (Missile Arms).

Graham

I assume we will probably see the SV-51 in the same scale, no?

...and can you allude to ANYTHING outside of Zero being released in the near future (excluding VF-1 stuff, though I AM getting the GBP and M&M 1.48s if I can help it..)

It sounds like its for proportions not for transformation...

But didn't they use 3D models? There shouldn't BE any proportional differences. I must admit I have been out of the loop and haven't been obsessivley studying the design so I hadn't noticed any differences. It they are there then I'm extremely disappointed. The use of 3D models should have banned stupid 'anime magic'. <_<

*sigh* It seemed like common sense to me....

Mule, yeah, the retraction thing might not work at 1/100. A 1/100 VF-0 is a lot bigger than some other valks at the same scale. If it is as tall as a the VF-11B toy then that's plenty big enough I reckon to implement it. What do I know though. :p

It really seems this is a toy for the masses and so they don't care about accuracy. That's fine, as long as it's nice and cheap. :)

Edited by Air Elijah

if you loook at the hobby japan scans on macrossworld in the mag section..it loooks liek the same model guys. I mean the nose is big in both battroid and gerwalk mode and the arms are small. This led mne to assume last year that yamato was working closely with yamato and satelight while production was commencing on both the toys and the cg models and animation. WHile I do not think there is that mich anime magic going on I still think it is possible to get a big perfect trasnformation toy. As you can tell the only healing wound for this for most of us seems to be price. I am not sure all of us liked the scale ...maybe a handful but like i said its cheap and soemthing i can enjoy while i wait for the bigger end all version. Eh oh yea GRAHAM Congrats on the kid! But...since you will be busy taking vare of you infant/.....can y9ou just tell us now when the big VF-0 is coming out?> ya know the perfect trasnformation? Since chances are u wont be online as much after your child is born.

Here's all the possible varients that we have seen so far in Macross Zero, that may or may not get made as toys: -

• Focker VF-0S.
  • Shin VF-0D (Blue).
  • Normal VF-0D (Grey).
  • VF-0A Single Seat (Brown).
  • VF-0A Two Seat (Brown).
  • GBP-0 Reactive Armor.
  • SV-51 Nora.
  • SV-51 D.D.
  • SV-51 Normal (Brown).
  • OCTOS.
  • Destroid Cheyenne (Gun Arms)
  • Destroid Cheyenne (Missile Arms).

Graham

Curious..in the begining of ep 3 a appearently non-variable jet takes off from the carrier. It was wings that bend up, and down at the tips, with a pretty harsh cant...is this the Otos?

Curious..in the begining of ep 3 a appearently non-variable jet takes off from the carrier. It was wings that bend up, and down at the tips, with a pretty harsh cant...is this the Otos?

Those were the ghosts.

For those people saying the 1/100 is not accurate... what parts of it are so off? I'm looking at some pics of published vf-0's and the 1/100 seems pretty darn close to me... especially when you consider that is an early build and graham tells us that the current one is more accurate...

I will also have to voice my disappointment... I was really hoping that Yamato would stick to the 1/60 or of course, 1/48 scale for the VF-0 toys.

As I'm sure this will be a nice toy, I think I'm going to hold out for the next version, that I also believe will come in time...

There is definitely enough stuff to buy to hold me over until then. :p