I always come to this thread hoping for good news on Mospeada or that Rook Beagle Cyclone/Ride Armor. Maybe this was answered but did Toynami ever say why they didn't finance the production of the Beagle version of Rook's Cyclone? I've never purchased a Toynami toy. I've heard some bad things. However, they did bring over the two Beagle Cyclones. Plus, I believe Toynami owns Cinemaquette, the higher end statue, prop company. Surely Toynami could afford to do a small producton of Rook's Cyclone.

I always come to this thread hoping for good news on Mospeada or that Rook Beagle Cyclone/Ride Armor. Maybe this was answered but did Toynami ever say why they didn't finance the production of the Beagle version of Rook's Cyclone? I've never purchased a Toynami toy. I've heard some bad things. However, they did bring over the two Beagle Cyclones. Plus, I believe Toynami owns Cinemaquette, the higher end statue, prop company. Surely Toynami could afford to do a small producton of Rook's Cyclone.

Toynami has had so many hurdles to jump over the past years both in release times, quality control and keeping talented designers employed (MJ). With BEAGLE out of the Ride Armor business and Toynami's constant issues I doubt they will ever invest or continue the Cyclone line of toys. That being said if they actually did release a batch of Rook Cyclones (I too would love to see that happen!!!) they would probably sell out overnight but your best bet is what others & myself included have said:

Hopefully one day Yamato picks up the Mospeada license and goes balls out on a New toy line! B))

If Yamato got Mospeada, I'd hope they continue the 1/10 scale Ride Armors.

Same here, again this is speculation but if Yamato ever did so, I would ask that Yamato redesign the head with NO screw showing in the front with better windshield and seat locking mechanisms... they fix those little snafu's and out comes the VISA! B))

Noticed last night the color flaking on my Stick / Scott in the crotch area.

I've hardly ever handled or posed him. Not a good sign for the long term..

You can actually see it a bit in this photo, sorry to call everyone's eyes there...

post-8486-0-65197500-1349876287_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarrinG

Yeah I noticed on my Rand Cyclone where the shocks mount by the Handlebar the plastic has discolored a bit, almost as like its been stressed out... the funny thing is I transformed this toy once and then back to bike mode. If I get a chance I'll post a pic later today.

No matter what you do the cloth is gonna expire at some point, it,s a case of sooner or later.

Stress shows up easy on this toy due to the colour of the plastic.

I,d say if you try to stitch the cloth it'll tear somewhere else( If I remember correctly from observing my fig,s cloth die ) the cloth has 2 layers : the character's coloured layer

:and the white layer underneath.

I guess the friction against eachother would cause the tear/flake of the cloth + the fragility of the material used.

It,s a damn shame!!!Because I soo loved handling this toy it was a pleasure to transform, the great poses you could do ,you could even get more acticulation with the arm/elbow joint when it was in armor mode by releasing the peg from it's hole on the arm gauntlets (peg hole closest to elbow, leave wrist peg in hole)even with the shoulder restriction!

Edited by troyness

Is the only Yellow Blow Superior Ride Armor this one?

Brave Gokin 18 - Mospeada Ride Armor "Yellow" type

How is it? I am probably just going to set it up and not really transform it.

Based on this review it is garbage? http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/2008/vr052t_mospeada_ride_armor_ley_type

Why did Beagle show no Yellow Belmont love? :(

Edited by MilkManX
link

Toynami has had so many hurdles to jump over the past years both in release times, quality control and keeping talented designers employed (MJ). With BEAGLE out of the Ride Armor business and Toynami's constant issues I doubt they will ever invest or continue the Cyclone line of toys. That being said if they actually did release a batch of Rook Cyclones (I too would love to see that happen!!!) they would probably sell out overnight but your best bet is what others & myself included have said:

Hopefully one day Yamato picks up the Mospeada license and goes balls out on a New toy line! B))

Yeah I would prefer Yamato work on the Ride Armor. Right now my two most wanted model/toys would be Priss' motorcycles (both the motoslave & Highway Star) and Rook's cyclone. Probably the two best girl on motorcycle combinations. Maybe Yamato tested the waters with the small scale motoslave. But they had to realize that people would want a higher end version that wasn't so toy like. You would think we would have good versions of these by now.

Yeah I would prefer Yamato work on the Ride Armor. Right now my two most wanted model/toys would be Priss' motorcycles (both the motoslave & Highway Star) and Rook's cyclone. Probably the two best girl on motorcycle combinations. Maybe Yamato tested the waters with the small scale motoslave. But they had to realize that people would want a higher end version that wasn't so toy like. You would think we would have good versions of these by now.

Though its off-topic I can not resist to say "YES", let Yamato make the Highway Star, thats an instant purchase for me, with a Priss figure of course. :D

I think Yamato missed a golden opportunity at some point. They made 1/24 Patlabor figures, 1/15 Megazone figures, 1/12 Votoms figures, 1/15 BGC toys. It seems like they could have done something like a "Microman" line of toys at one standard scale that acommodated all these lines. Not sure what that scale would be (1/20 or 1/24)?

I think Yamato missed a golden opportunity at some point. They made 1/24 Patlabor figures, 1/15 Megazone figures, 1/12 Votoms figures, 1/15 BGC toys. It seems like they could have done something like a "Microman" line of toys at one standard scale that acommodated all these lines. Not sure what that scale would be (1/20 or 1/24)?

The problem with that is that at 1/24 scale the Ingram is already really big and expensive, while conversely people already complain about how tiny the motoslave is at 1/15. it's one of those cases where the physical size difference between the designs in question is so great that making everything a consistent scale would make something either unattractively small or prohibitively large.

Edited by anime52k8

The problem with that is that the at the at 1/24 scale the Ingram is already really big and expensive, while conversely people already complain about how tiny the motoslave is at 1/15. it's one of those cases where the physical size difference between the designs in question is so great that making everything a consistent scale would make something either unattractively small or prohibitively large.

I think you have to make a pretty good size model to get the details and for it to be realistic. I don't know the scale of the Beagle bikes but those are big compared to the Yamato motoslave. I guess what I'm looking (hoping) for is a combination of Hot Toys quality with the realistic bike. It doesn't even have to be transforming either. As I usually don't transform my stuff that much. If I do I always pick up a second one as a transforming playtoy.

Dammit. I am trying to resist the urge to buy a CM Legioss and Tread set. I want something that will not break. I have a Green Toynami Alpha and leave it in its box. May sell it here since I dont want to mess with it. Seems like all the Ride Armors are either pricey or garbage. :(

Any more word on that Love Live Alive? I am assuming it will be a Robotech only version. Would be nice if they let us have the Mospeada audio with subs on there too.

Still no distributor and no Michael Bradley.

You might be better off downloading it.

Yeah I have a copy of the Japanese release. Just wanted to see if we were going to actually have a real US version.

Good ol HG. Dragging its feet on the good stuff and blocking the other good stuff...