Wow... DarrinG, Where did you get that model, and who do I have to bribe to get one? (as in, do you have a link to a seller?)

Became a Fan of Mospeada when I was in college, and have never been able to get over the fact that they were so poorly supported by any of the toy or model companies. I'd love to own something like that.

You sir - are in luck. There is still one for sale right here:

http://www.rinkya.co...tion-f112955072

PM me if you have never used the RinkYa service before, I can guide you through it...

post-8486-0-52690200-1345037019_thumb.jpg

Hey guys, I just got the Toynami MPC Vol.1 Beta. I'm really happy with it, but the right leg is really loose, where as the left leg is nice and tight.

Has anyone else had a problem like this ? I own all the Toynami Alpha's, so I know how crappy Toynami stuff can be, but I was hoping the beta would be better. Thoughts?

Where exactly is it loose? Is it loose at the hip joint or the knee joint?

If it's the hip, I just gave my Beta a quick look and noticed that there's a screw at the hip joint. Maybe tightening that screw will help reduce the loose-ness. :unsure:

Just widen the legs (as if you're transforming it back to battloid mode), and you should see the screw I'm referring to.

Hey guys, I just got the Toynami MPC Vol.1 Beta. I'm really happy with it, but the right leg is really loose, where as the left leg is nice and tight.

Has anyone else had a problem like this ? I own all the Toynami Alpha's, so I know how crappy Toynami stuff can be, but I was hoping the beta would be better. Thoughts?

That's actually a very common problem, here are the steps to follow:

1:Pick it up very gently with both hands.

2.Holding it, walk very softly and calmly to the nearest open field, preferably one with no animal life aorund.

3.Gently set your Beta down, and I do mean "gently."

4. Turn around and run like hell, 'cus that sh!t's about to explode!!!!

Just an update on what the Mospeada Inbit kits from WF are fetching on yahoo Japan auctions:

1/72 Arcadia Gosu - 10,050 yen, $126

1/48 CurioCraftsan Enforcer Gamo - 11,500 yen, $145

1/48 CurioCraftsan Scout Set Eagers - 9,250 yen, $116

1/48 CurioCraftsan Trooper Gurab - 13,500 yen, $170 !

Hope the winner bidder was one of E2046's suppliers . . .

post-8486-0-40340400-1345656140_thumb.jpg

I hear Mospeada has been replaying on some Japanese television channels and has ticked up the value of some Mospeada items in Japan. I can't validate that but that's what I was told. Maybe some momentum will build for more Mospeada stuff?

That didn't take long !

Thanks! I pride myself on punctuality. :D

EDIT: But really... yeah the Blu-Ray is arriving next year. And if there's a sequel or remake (or hell, even another book) coming out, I'll happily eat my words. But I don't see any kind of Mospeada revival coming. Really.

Edited by Gubaba

I could not financially afford a Mospeada revival anyway. But I do hope Toynami's Glaug is successful enough that they consider a line of Invid vinyls in 1/48 / 155. I could handle that...

Toynami no longer has the sculptor of those toys in their employ. I have a feeling they are going to put out what they have prototyped (if that) and pull the plug. It would've been nice if they did the Invid and the regults at the same time, but they never seemed to think that far ahead.

Yeah, I'm doubtful we'll see the Shadow Beta which is due this Fall as there's isn't even a preorder on Robotech.com. I know it's listed to preorder on a couple other sites but those sites also had a prior listing for a couple years with no result. If Toynami really cared about the product line, they would have shown prototypes this year to tie in with RT:LLA which is supposed to be released in 2013 (unlikely I know).

Thanks! I pride myself on punctuality. :D

EDIT: But really... yeah the Blu-Ray is arriving next year. And if there's a sequel or remake (or hell, even another book) coming out, I'll happily eat my words. But I don't see any kind of Mospeada revival coming. Really.

It's nice. I'd rather have fanart over what's being played off as the "official" revival in the West for the last few years.

Edited by Einherjar

No wind taken out of my sails. I post those 'Mospeada is Back' takes just to to yank some chains, and have a little fun.

Although for an obscure, niche series no ones interested in, many are still calling for Yamato to make that their next toy line. Yeah, yeah - I know, only 15 people in the world, yada yada yada, 'Mospeada has nothing on Macross' on and on...

Anyway - I have literally seen these go for $600 + with my own eyes and here's one for only $275! If I did not have the Toynami version this would be mine:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Beagle-Mospeada-Robotech-1-10-VR-052F-Stick-Scott-Bernard-Armor-Cycle-/120973764718?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2a99286e#ht_500wt_898

If you like the Mospeada ride-armors and do not have one of these, find the darn $275 right now...

Edited by DarrinG

No wind taken out of my sails. I post those 'Mospeada is Back' takes just to to yank some chains, and have a little fun.

And I post my rebuttals just to keep expectations from going sky-high, and then harden into bitter disappointment (which, by the way, we're already seeing with the Macross 30th anniversary. Some idiot posted on Wikipedia that a new TV series is coming -which it's not- and now a bunch of people are saying, "WHAT??? WE WERE PROMISED A NEW TV SERIES!!!").

Yanking chains is all well and good, but when there's an angry mob with pitchforks, are you going to be the one to say, "Sorry... I was the one who made that all up"?

Thanks for keeping us from floating away on any Mospeada highs Gubaba, keep us grounded.

I will change all my declarations to 'M O S P E A D A -might- Be BACK!' - that way no one gets too excited.

Have to admit though, Yamato doing a V2 quality Legioss and Tread is enticing to dream about...

Edited by DarrinG

Thanks for keeping us from floating away on any Mospeada highs Gubaba, keep us grounded.

I will change all my declarations to 'M O S P E A D A -might- Be BACK!' - that way no one gets too excited.

Doesn't have the same ring to it, but yeah...it's safer.

Have to admit though, Yamato doing a V2 quality Legioss and Tread is enticing to dream about...

I'd just be happy to see the old Imai kits reissued. I made a TON of those back in the day...

EDIT: Galient, though. GALIENT IS BACK!! NEW TOYS, NEW SERIES, LIFE-SIZE STATUE, EVERYTHING!!!

Edited by Gubaba

Doesn't have the same ring to it, but yeah...it's safer.

I'd just be happy to see the old Imai kits reissued. I made a TON of those back in the day...

EDIT: Galient, though. GALIENT IS BACK!! NEW TOYS, NEW SERIES, LIFE-SIZE STATUE, EVERYTHING!!!

Galient is back?? OH yeah . . . we need a pic! But hey - keep us grounded with Galient and Layzner and Giant Gorg too, watch for ANY over excitement that could creep in and eventually bum us out . . .

post-8486-0-40779500-1345824417_thumb.jpg

I hear Mospeada has been replaying on some Japanese television channels and has ticked up the value of some Mospeada items in Japan. I can't validate that but that's what I was told. Maybe some momentum will build for more Mospeada stuff?

If Mospeada is currently being aired in Japanese then it's most likely being broadcast in the day time. So I'm pretty sure that there are no at home housewives watching it to create product momentum of any kind. Wave plastic kits are all we have and a possibility of a Tread to go with it, but nothing else coming down the pike that I can see.

Also do not support recasters.

Although for an obscure, niche series no ones interested in, many are still calling for Yamato to make that their next toy line. Yeah, yeah - I know, only 15 people in the world, yada yada yada, 'Mospeada has nothing on Macross' on and on...

Anyway - I have literally seen these go for $600 + with my own eyes and here's one for only $275! If I did not have the Toynami version this would be mine:

http://www.ebay.com/...99286e#ht_500wt_898

If you like the Mospeada ride-armors and do not have one of these, find the darn $275 right now...

So, I take it my Ley Beagle Mospeada for $250 is a good deal? (I know, shameless plug) :p

• 2 weeks later...