Yamato 1:100 VF-0S; 1:48 stand/clamp

CF18

c'mon people... slow down a bit. You're getting way ahead of yourselves.

welcome to MacrossWorld! ;)

------------

anyway, 1/100 is a waste of my money, unless it is just the holy grail of valks - which i doubt. i'll wait for the eventual "super sized" VF-0 - which you know will come. i guess 1/72 or 1/60... but knowing Yamato, maybe it'll be 1/55? :D

I see swing bars....

I don't think those are swing bars. They are just the leading edge things that the Zero has (not sure of the purpose...probably just for looks.) Can't tell if the rotate though, doesn't look like it.

I'd like to know what that part is behind the arms and between the legs...it doesn't look like part of the arms.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Well after reading alittle. Yamato looks like they are going to sell the VF-0S at around 4000 - 5000 yen. Graham can probably confirm it. But the basic jist of the article is they wanted to cut down on the price so they lowered the scale.

Man that thing is going to be tiny. Kinda like a Banpresto or something. But it will be cool. I will probably buy 2 or 3. One of which will customize.

Rob

When I fist saw these pics of the VF-0 I was really excited until I read that it was in 1/100 scale, but then I thought to my self if it looks good why should I be disapointed that it's in a smaller scale. What I'm trying to say is what differance does it make as to what scale it comes in as long as it's well made. Lets face it we'll never get every meca or valk in the same scale it's just not possible, some would be too big to fit in our houses depending on the scale and some would be too small to have any kind of durability.

That being said how big is it going to be if it is in 1/100 scale? :)

I don't see what all the complaining is all about. So 1/100 is a little small. Big deal. I'll bet a more detailed 1/60 or larger version will come, esp in light of how well the 1/48 VF-1s have been selling. Don't think for a minute that they aren't aware that the fans want a larger version - they just know they can sell lots more if they release these first. Just be patient and it will come. I'm just stoked that a less expensive Yamato is in the works, and it's actually something other than a VF-1.

The launch arm/stand looks great. Too bad that backpack hinge isn't strong enough to support a full valk and FAST pack setup. Well, without danger of snapping off at any minute, anyway. I'll pick up at least one, maybe more depending on how much they are.

This is very cool news, guys. Enjoy this while it lasts - they aren't going to make Macross toys forever, and big or small, this beats the hell out of paying $300+ for a busted up Jetfire. Now if someone could just light a fire under their ass about that new YF-19FP ...

:D

I'd like to know what that part is behind the arms and between the legs...it doesn't look like part of the arms.

Chris

Yeah I have been wondering about those.

The part behind the arms looks to be part of the tail fin assembly...

This has probably been said, but a 1:100 VF-0 will be kinda small, but not tiny. In fighter mode, it should be about 2" shorter than a 1/60 VF-1. I don't think there are stats for the actual VF-0 battroid height, but I'd estimate the toy will about about 16.5 cm tall including head lasers, or 1-3/4" shorter than the 1/60 VF-1 battroid including head lasers.

I like it, but I don't think I'll be getting one at the retail price.

Re: swing bars. Doesn't the "real" VF-0 have them? If so, why shouldn't the toy?

Edited by ewilen

I'm not saying it doesn't/ shouldn't have swing bars, I was just saying i didn't see them anywhere. Looking at the underside I wonder how the Head will get past the legs with how the head lasers angle out?

Chris

What? A Macross toy that will actually fit my shelf without having to reset all the other toys? And in a size that will probably be price friendly?

SIGN ME UP!!! :lol:

as long as the details are nice and I don't have to worry about dropping legs into the toilet. :p

Edited by Abombz!!

Hey , what are you guys worried about ?

You think Yamato will only release 1/100 Macross Zero toys ? hahahahaha , yeah right... we know they´re gonna release better more detailed figures in the near future I don´t know why you´re so worried.

These toys are just a more affordable replacement of the 1/60 VF-1s , considering the VF-0 size these toys are not gonna be much smaller that 1/60 VF-1s , so let´s calm down for a second.

As far as I can see from the pictures I think the prototype has enough detail , it looks pretty neat actually , look at the panel lines , the head sculpt and feet inner detail. I think these toys actually have even more detail than the 1/60 VF-1 toys :blink: ...I shouldn´t be surprised though , we knew they were using CAD/CAM for the sculpting of these toys.

If some of you aren´t interested in the smaller scale toys then just wait for the bigger more detaiked ones like I´m going to do ; Though I don´t think Yamato will produce bigger scale toys of M0 Destroids so I think I´ll at least get an Octos.

Thing you have to remember, though, is based on the VF-1 line from Yamato - they released the 1/60's to test the market. Once they sold well, they decided to do the 1/48. I would guess that a 1/100 VF-0 would be similar to the 1/60 VF-1 - to test the market. If it doesn't sell well, we may never see a larger scale VF-0...

I don't see what all the complaining is all about. So 1/100 is a little small. Big deal. I'll bet a more detailed 1/60 or larger version will come, esp in light of how well the 1/48 VF-1s have been selling. Don't think for a minute that they aren't aware that the fans want a larger version - they just know they can sell lots more if they release these first. Just be patient and it will come. I'm just stoked that a less expensive Yamato is in the works, and it's actually something other than a VF-1.

The launch arm/stand looks great. Too bad that backpack hinge isn't strong enough to support a full valk and FAST pack setup. Well, without danger of snapping off at any minute, anyway. I'll pick up at least one, maybe more depending on how much they are.

This is very cool news, guys. Enjoy this while it lasts - they aren't going to make Macross toys forever, and big or small, this beats the hell out of paying $300+ for a busted up Jetfire. Now if someone could just light a fire under their ass about that new YF-19FP ...

:D

Thank you. I'm glad someone said it. I totally agree.

Edited by Mr March

Thing you have to remember, though, is based on the VF-1 line from Yamato - they released the 1/60's to test the market. Once they sold well, they decided to do the 1/48. I would guess that a 1/100 VF-0 would be similar to the 1/60 VF-1 - to test the market. If it doesn't sell well, we may never see a larger scale VF-0...

Sounds like we have an embedded Yamato spy on our hands. ;)

Batou, agreed. I'm going to preorder the VF-0 as SOON as VE gets some sort of shipping date.

HOWEVER, more than Zero, and the arms, I WANT a YF-19FP. That sculpt we saw ages ago (kitbash) was simply amazing.

anyone have a pic of that sculpt? I've seen the prototype for the first edition yf-19 and i'm anxious to see what the new one looks like even if it is a sculpt.

Batou, agreed. I'm going to preorder the VF-0 as SOON as VE gets some sort of shipping date.

HOWEVER, more than Zero, and the arms, I WANT a YF-19FP. That sculpt we saw ages ago (kitbash) was simply amazing.

anyone have a pic of that sculpt? I've seen the prototype for the first edition yf-19 and i'm anxious to see what the new one looks like even if it is a sculpt.

Actually the kitbash mentioned has nothing to do with Yamato other than the guy who´s making the new YF-19 is also the sculptor of that kit. I would base any expectations on that kitbash since Yamato is actually making a toy hence there different rules that apply for its development so the design may differ greatly from the one featured by the kitbash.

1/100 looks awesome so far! I hope it has perfect transformation including a sliding canopy shield.

It's quite refreshing to see Yamato taking a smaller scale, this means Yamato might be considering making diorama sets to compliment for these 1/100 scale valks. I would love to see the sv-51 proped up for take off from a disected portion of the submarine hanger. The future does seem bright.

As far as the stand is concerned, looks good but doesn't hold up to the gun pod request that we all desire.

As detailed as it looks , I doubt that Yamato is even able to make a perfect transformation valkyrie toy at 1/100 scale , though Banpresto seemed to have achieved that in a rather ...dull manner.

Diorama sets ? doubtful , if they haven´t done any for the DYRL and SDF lines I doubt they will do them for M0. Specially since japanese consumers don´tnhave that much shelf space in their tiny little houses.

Just take this 1/100 VF-0 toys as an equivalent to the 1/60 VF-1 , lovely sculpt , nice detail , no perfect transformation , spectacular durability.