Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

Yeah, I would love to get a replacement head and hands for my Prime. Also does anyone know where I can get replacment smokestacks? Prime just doesn't look right with Hasbro's original neutered parts.

Go to ages3andup.com I think. they are in Canada. For 13 Canadian dollars you get recast Takara skomestacks and they are chromed. go back a couple pages and you will see mine.

post-26-1102706074_thumb.jpg

I'm gonna go with no on those custom heads fitting in MP Prime in Truck mode. The original head is a tight fit as it is already. Even so, those heads are pretty nice looking, and the hands are pretty cool too. MP Prime's hands are pretty articulated already, but those just go above and beyong. If the head/hands come pre-painted, I might consider getting a set.

Takara is on a (transform and) roll (out): Blue Tracks BT, Grimlock BT, Swindle BT and Predaking are all out in the shops NOW! I bought a VictoryLeo Robot Masters set for my 4 year-old brother.

As for the lack of styrofoam in Predaking -- it can't be helped. Japanese companies have to conform to certain standards regarding the usage of reclyclable materials.

alrighty mr. smartypants haha how do you explain bandai's ability to use styro for the Soul of Chogokin line? ;):lol::p

Probably has something to do with the amount of styrofoam - you are only allowed to have a certain amount of styrofoam in a package. SOC's, since they are smaller, don't require much styrofoam. Predaking, being huge, would require alot of styrofoam...

I've been reading some TF forums and apparently those custom Head/Hands are pretty old and those pics came out shortly after MPC Prime did. That's what a lot of transfans are saying, but it seems weird that no one here has seen them before.

As for the styrofoam thing, I agree that it's a bad substance, but I'm one of those fools who goes ga-ga over a shiny new robot toy all snug in a bed of styrofoam. :)

Best looking alternator yet I think. Transforming him was trickier than it looked on the instructions though. Seems to me like the binaltech verison could easily chip or get scratched. Still looks great though. That and I love the look of the new Mustangs.

post-26-1102805638_thumb.jpg

Grimlock does stand a little higher than the Meister and Silversreak in the background. Kind of proper actually since Grimlock should be in a higher weight class anyway.

Him and Silversreak have the same shade of Silver.

post-26-1102881287_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Okay, I give up. Where are all these new alternators selling at? I live in the Los Angeles area, and I can't find jack. I see the smokescreens, Silverstreaks, Hounds, and Sideswipes. The problem is I can't find the Jazzs, the Grimlocks, or the Blue Tracks. People keep saying they will come before Christmas. Christmas is only a couple of weeks away. Where are these darn things? I've been to the Walmarts, Targets, Kmarts, TRUs... Is there a secret store that is stocking them? Please give a member the heads up. :huh:

Okay, I give up. Where are all these new alternators selling at? I live in the Los Angeles area, and I can't find jack. I see the smokescreens, Silverstreaks, Hounds, and Sideswipes. The problem is I can't find the Jazzs, the Grimlocks, or the Blue Tracks. People keep saying they will come before Christmas. Christmas is only a couple of weeks away. Where are these darn things? I've been to the Walmarts, Targets, Kmarts, TRUs... Is there a secret store that is stocking them? Please give a member the heads up. :huh:

Check the scalper's dens in your neighborhood. They're normally characterized by a putrid stench, unkept lawns, with cars parked out front covered in witty sayings bumper stickers.

Oh, and they're normally very, very overweight.

I saw a guy pick up the whole lot of Alternators after I got my Tracks.. told me he was selling them on E bay... guh.. loser.

Check the scalper's dens in your neighborhood. They're normally characterized by a putrid stench, unkept lawns, with cars parked out front covered in witty sayings bumper stickers.

I saw a guy pick up the whole lot of Alternators after I got my Tracks.. told me he was selling them on E bay... guh.. loser.

I don't have a stench, my lawn is messy since my mower doesn't work and having to fight w/my weedwhacker to get it started, I am overweight and yes we have two cars, atleast they are parked on our driveway rather than the street or lawn... like the rest of my neighborhood has done... each house has atleast almost 4 cars enough to fit 2 on a single lane driveway, one on the lawn, the other on the street.

But will damn them to hell, if I see one of these fools at my local wallymart or kmart... trying to scalp and sell on ebay.

I too want these new alternators, and it is getting harder and harder to find them... so far I got the first 5... Silver Streak, Smokecreen, Hound, Deadend and Sideswipe... still haven't found Swindle, Tracks or Grimlock.

I don't have a stench, my lawn is messy since my mower doesn't work and having to fight w/my weedwhacker to get it started, I am overweight and yes we have two cars, atleast they are parked on our driveway rather than the street or lawn... like the rest of my neighborhood has done... each house has atleast almost 4 cars enough to fit 2 on a single lane driveway, one on the lawn, the other on the street.

But will damn them to hell, if I see one of these fools at my local wallymart or kmart... trying to scalp and sell on ebay.

I too want these new alternators, and it is getting harder and harder to find them... so far I got the first 5... Silver Streak, Smokecreen, Hound, Deadend and Sideswipe... still haven't found Swindle, Tracks or Grimlock.

Well, then, you don't fit all the pre-reqs.. :)

I'm just really sick of these folks, so I tend to be rather bitter when I speak of them.

Well, they can't keep buying them. I saw six silverstreaks, three hounds, and three sideswipes at the local TRU today. If scaplers are keeping the shelves barren, then it is only a matter of time before these toys start to pile up again. I guess I will just have to wait. :angry:

Got my BT Grimlock. It feels solid, but i think it has considerably lesser die-cast than the rest. I found a bad patch/chip of paint on the side of the bonnet which can't be seen when you close it. But in robot mode it kinda sticks out a little, so u can see it up close.

The joints on this thing feel kinda loose. The ball joints on the elbows came off when i was transforming it. The door joints keep coming off as well which was abit annoying. The gun handle peg doesn't quite fit tightly into the left arm. And what annoys me the most is the thigh ball joints are pretty loose, so Grimlock will do "splits" under its heavy top if not posed properly.

But overall, this toy rocks! Looks big and bad, like grimlock!

"Me Grimlock, SMASH!!"

Got my shipping notice for Predaking. Ems to Ottawa will cost me... 4700 yen, or about $52-53 Canadian. Ouch. The price for my impatience... But hopefully, it'll be here by Friday. I hope. Please!

On the plus side, the toy only cost me 13300 yen... Thank goodness for early bird...

Edit: Looking back through my past emails, originally, HLJ told me it would have costed 14250 yen to purchase Predaking on early bird. Price drop! Bonus!

Also, the Predaking page on HLJ reminds me of the Robot polls from Futurama. "Predaking now for sale. Predaking now sold out."

Heck, not even a search can FIND Predaking on HLJ's website. It's as if I'm getting a phantom product...

Edited by VF-19

Got my BT Grimlock. It feels solid, but i think it has considerably lesser die-cast than the rest. I found a bad patch/chip of paint on the side of the bonnet which can't be seen when you close it. But in robot mode it kinda sticks out a little, so u can see it up close.

The joints on this thing feel kinda loose. The ball joints on the elbows came off when i was transforming it. The door joints keep coming off as well which was abit annoying. The gun handle peg doesn't quite fit tightly into the left arm. And what annoys me the most is the thigh ball joints are pretty loose, so Grimlock will do "splits" under its heavy top if not posed properly.

"Me Grimlock, SMASH!!"

uh oh..

maybe toynami took over takara!!!! :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

"Me Grimlock, SMASH!!"

uh oh..

maybe toynami took over takara!!!! :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Hasbro seems to have gotten the monkey. The greasy monkey seemed to handle my grimlock because the Windows were greasier than any alternaotr I've gotten yet. Dead End's windows were pretty bad, Grimlocks were straight up fogged. Wierd. Soft cloth fixes though.

Edited by Anubis

Speaking of Silverstreak, a question to those who already have him:

Left-hand drive or right-hand drive?

Mine's RHD, as Smokescreen is already LHD.

THe weird thing is I have been noticing a lot of RHD. But my first siverstreak was LHD. This was when they first came out. My friend who got Silverstreak b4 me had a RHD. Not knowing which one would be around. I figure his was b4 mine so may have been a rare version than LHD and so i traded him my LHD for RHD. But yes there is a LHD alt silver streak

You guys seen te Citroen C4 transformer commercial yet? If not I figured you might be interested in seeing what the movie will probably look like:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/video/citroen.php

If that link is dead just google Citroen C4 Video you should find a couple dozen mirror sites.

If this is old old news I appologize.

I believe that was posted a couple pages back.