Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

What is with the Hasbro 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime's smokestacks? Why in the world would they cut them so short. Also what is with the battle damage? I'm not paying 70 bucks for a used toy, so I don't want it to look like one. Besdies that, I have no complaints about the toy.

yeah stupid american companies liek that crap. Liek the Toynami battle damaged Roy Focker VF-1S super poseable. Looked like it fell into the toilet.

The short stacks was so kids dont poke their eyes out. Ok if you are nuzzling optimus prime that close you deserve to get your eyes poked out!!!!

Poor, poor supra bot. He's got a nice big hole in the center of his shield.

I'll snag if it I see it. I'm sure I could remove the wing, repaint the car, and maybe file down the body kits to a more reasonable level.

I love Supras, so it deserves that much love.

I'll snag if it I see it. I'm sure I could remove the wing, repaint the car, and maybe file down the body kits to a more reasonable level.

hey you took my idea!!! haha I was thinking the same thing

hey you took my idea!!! haha I was thinking the same thing

You know, the front skirt looks easy enough, and I can even epoxy over the hood holes. I'm kind of worried about the side skirts, though.

Im thinking of using it as a base for a custom. Take some other 1/18 scale car and chop it up and try to make a custom robot.

At Puzzle Zoo in Santa Monica, one of the Toynami sculptors supposedly created a custom Sideswipe using the current Alternators parts, and swapping all the Viper pieces with a fully die-cast 1:24 scale Lamborghini Countach. Of course there were needed mods to it and all, and supposedly it can even transform. But it looks awesome and just like a more poseable version of the old school toy. I was very impressed.

Im thinking of using it as a base for a custom. Take some other 1/18 scale car and chop it up and try to make a custom robot.

At Puzzle Zoo in Santa Monica, one of the Toynami sculptors supposedly created a custom Sideswipe using the current Alternators parts, and swapping all the Viper pieces with a fully die-cast 1:24 scale Lamborghini Countach. Of course there were needed mods to it and all, and supposedly it can even transform. But it looks awesome and just like a more poseable version of the old school toy. I was very impressed.

can anyone find some pics of it? that custom sideswipe sound cool.

yes you cant expect to post something that tremendous without pics!!!!!!! :angry:

Well if I had my camera with me a couple months ago when I saw it, I would have. On top of all that, its in a case. I'll try and get in there sometime soon (read not this weekend) and take a couple shots. If they let me. Maybe someone else in LA can get down there this weekend and snap some? Maybe even get them to let it out of the case?

bastards, I work at the puzzle zoo in south coast, and we can't even get regular transformers in stock, and santa monica gets all the cool stuff?

And to think, I was the one who told the owners about the alt/binaltech line to begin with.

bastards.

More shots of what most people are desperately hoping is a fake but most likely is the aweful truth...complete with a half-assed kitty mode!

http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=3533&mode=flat

i think the cat mode is actually growing on me...

is this official or what??

thanks for info :D

yes, it's been official for a while. If you looked a couple of pages back, I posted the Alt version of it in package. Here's the link:

Alt Ravage

Just scroll down and look for my post. You can't miss it.

More shots of what most people are desperately hoping is a fake but most likely is the aweful truth...complete with a half-assed kitty mode!

http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=3533&mode=flat

i think the cat mode is actually growing on me...

is this official or what??

thanks for info :D

yes, it's been official for a while. If you looked a couple of pages back, I posted the Alt version of it in package. Here's the link:

Alt Ravage

Just scroll down and look for my post. You can't miss it.

I think he is asking if the "beast mode" of that alternator is official

yeah... the beast mode of ravage...

>> did they scap the beast mode because of negitive response or... ;)

Oh, I see. Well that mode is actually just put on all fours. Not really a new transformation thing. You can even do that to tracks right now if wanted to. It looks simple enough. It's just the head probably swivels upward. That's about it. <_<

kinda underwhelming...

yes I know it looks like photoshop but almost every major TF site is reporting this.

Whether it does turn out to be just photochop, only time will tell.

If it is true they need to at least include Ultra Magnus's gun.

And trailers for Masterpiece Convoy AND Ultra.

MP335.JPG

Tformers

Edited by chowyunskinny

Tranformers sites are reporting that there IS going to be a 2nd Masterpiece toy from Takara. A repainted Convoy as Ultra Magnus

Tformers

I gotta say I'm not suprised......they've got to milk that mold for every penny.

That's too bad because I thought the Masterpiece line was the cream of da crop. I'd much rather have Masterpiece Starscream, Galvatron, Rodimus, or Megatron.

:(

kinda underwhelming...

yes I know it looks like photoshop but almost every major TF site is reporting this.

Whether it does turn out to be just photochop, only time will tell.

If it is true they need to at least include Ultra Magnus's gun.

And trailers for Masterpiece Convoy AND Ultra.

MP335.JPG

Tformers

Ok...

That Ultra Magnus doesn't need the energon ax, or the megatron gun or the Prime gun, it needs that white gun the G1 Ultra Magnus came with...

And without the trailer armor is just crap... <_<

Do you guys realize just how big an Ultra Magnus with Trailer armor would be.... :lol::lol::lol: That would be awesome tho....I would be most impressed.

It can be done, the MP Prime legs can fold back in his cab mode to join into a Magnus armor or just me left there to get some leg armor add one kind of like the RID Super mode Prime.

It would be amazing to see an actual articulated Magnus in armor

the ultra magnus does not intrest me at all i prefer the optimus prime version. i think it looks ugly, if it had the masterpeice Ultra Magnus armor to go over it. that would be cool.