Strike a pose, anything goes!

Pontus

Finally got my Black Getter carbotix from Blitzway. I really like the design, less details than the one from Sky X studio but definitely closer to its original version in "The last day". The only thing i really don't like are the eyes. They are not enough... "red", which i always thought it was one of the most distinctive traits of the robot.

20240221_140430.jpg

20240221_140847(b).jpg

20240221_140914.jpg

20240221_141011.jpg

20240221_153819.jpg

20240221_141234.jpg

On 2/25/2024 at 7:20 PM, Robin-11 said:

Getter 1 and Black Getter carbotix from blitway. Looking forward to the upcoming Shin Getter 1 and i have hopes for a Shin Getter 2 and 3.

20240225_105342.jpg

Black schemes are a bit of a funny thing to my eyes. By itself it doesn't really pop, but if it's a repaint from normal colors like many other robots or mechs, then somehow it looks really great, especially when put side by side. What I like about this Black Getter is that it doesn't only swaps the red for black, but the whites are now a gunmetal grey. 

20 hours ago, MKT said:

Black schemes are a bit of a funny thing to my eyes. By itself it doesn't really pop, but if it's a repaint from normal colors like many other robots or mechs, then somehow it looks really great, especially when put side by side. What I like about this Black Getter is that it doesn't only swaps the red for black, but the whites are now a gunmetal grey. 

Personally to me it's the opposite.I am inexplicably drawn to every black recolor, even the non canon ones(which i usually never buy). But yes, this one is particular also for another reason. I don't know if you are familiar with the oav series but the interesting thing about this recolor is the fact that it is indeed explained why the Getter changes color from red and white to black and grey. Although I have to admit i am not quite sure it does make sense from a real world point of view. Probably not. But i do appreciate the effort.

Fast Draw was one of my fave’s too.

One thing I really enjoyed about the 25th line was that all the figures were designed to make customizing relatively easy.

On 3/10/2024 at 12:31 AM, Mog said:

Fast Draw was one of my fave’s too.

One thing I really enjoyed about the 25th line was that all the figures were designed to make customizing relatively easy.

I have a box full of loose figures , might have to looking into customizing or might sell them. 

More like the old guard are looking all serious and cool, and the future Countess Wren walks in acting the fool.

Causing the elder Countess Wren to face-palm in the back.

Thanks to Masters of the Air and since it’s highly unlikely that I’ll bring down the Skystriker and X-19 anytime soon, I figured I’d take out the two flyboys and add them to the display:

IMG_7044.jpeg.8b8af06dc7ee262a442f51ded4f6c56f.jpeg

Yeah, pretty much the 3.75 inch/25th anniversary figures.

Pretty sure half of them have some sort of custom touch or numerous custom touches.

38 minutes ago, Mog said:

^^So, which miniature version of Vehicle Voltie/Dairugger XV is this?

And what's your impressions of it?

Mini-Action by Action Toys.

Cheap thrill... It looks good and poses well for its price ($35 preorder). A very good representation of Vehicle Voltron, albeit small... can't really display it with my larger super robots, which is why it's with my 144 gundams. I would recommend removing the gyro blades and Ginger while posing and put them back on after. Hands also pop off easily when range of motion is exceeded.

I still might consider the GX-88 if it's ever reissued when the Yen is weak like with the GX-71S. 

40 minutes ago, m0n5t3r said:

I still might consider the GX-88 if it's ever reissued when the Yen is weak like with the GX-71S. 

GX-88 is smaller than the old Matchbox beast, but surprisingly heavy for its size.

Love how well the butterfly shoulder joint works, as it allows for some good two-handed sword poses with a proper gap between the two hands.

All the joints hold surprisingly well.  And it's amazing how much this set has to do and still does fairly well.  An absolute beaut' when it comes to engineering and its design. :good:

Edited by Mog