which vf is the best or the most popular one?

tank

111 members have voted

1. 1. which vf is the best or the most popular one?

• vf-1s
    • vf-1j
    • vf-1a
    • vf-2ss
    • vf-17
    • yf-19
    • yf-21
    • vf-0's

Which one is the best? That's a personal opinion. My personal favorite valkyrie is the VF-1D. It's goofy, but I love it.

Which one is the most popular? Easily answered. The VF-1S. The Skull 01 Focker VF-1S is the most recognized valkyrie toy of Macross. There have been more toys and models of this particular valk than any of the others combined and they always sell better than the others.

Which one is the most popular? Easily answered. The VF-1S. The Skull 01 Focker VF-1S is the most recognized valkyrie toy of Macross. There have been more toys and models of this particular valk than any of the others combined and they always sell better than the others.

hmm... I agree in some respects to this statement, but I think it has to do more with the fact that it (the VF-1S) has been around for so long. Make no mistake, the VF 1S is the shiet.

But I think the YF 19 is right up there with the VF 1S. In the short time since it's debut in the 90's, its Years-since-debut:Popularity ratio is comparable, if not better than the VF 1S.

As for yammies, the YF 19 sells better... not the VF 1S. I've seen people happily dish out $160+ for a 1/72 YF 19, even despite it's flaws and small scale... If yamato makes it any better or bigger, there's no question that they'd sell out almost immediately. I alone would buy 3-5 of em...

anyway, that's my two cents.

This is why I compressed the VF-1's and VF-0's together in my old valk poll. Even with that, I still had no space for the SV-51 (should have put that instead of the VB-6), VF-3000, VA-3, and VF-2SS. Now I would have given the VF-0 it's own slot too.

Of course doing that the VF-1 dominated everything, though the 19 and 21/22 came out strong.

Only two people agreed with me on my 17 pick.

Edited by Anubis

Is there any doubt which is is the most popular ?

People are literally obsessed with the VF-1 , I personally don´t know why ( ok , I know why , but I don´t know why they don´t get bored of it ) but there´s no other valk that comes close to such following. which IMO is a shame since macross has A LOT of other great valkyries wating to be released as toys.

yup, no matter how you put it, the VF-1S is always on top of my list. It's the valk that I grew up wanting and has the coolest looking head! He also kicks major @$$!! :p:D:lol:

I agree with most people that the most popular VF is probably the VF-1S. However that is not my personal favorite VF (see my avatar for a clue).

As for which is the best VF? Well, that is where IMO this poll needs to be worded more clearly. The best at what? the best looking? Has the best combat ability? Has the best nosecone :p ?

Graham

I agree with most people that the most popular VF is probably the VF-1S. However that is not my personal favorite VF (see my avatar for a clue).

As for which is the best VF? Well, that is where IMO this poll needs to be worded more clearly. The best at what? the best looking? Has the best combat ability? Has the best nosecone :p ?

Graham

how bout best weapons load for a fighter?

This is the best valk after the VF 1X series PERIOD.

Note the similarities of the SW-XAI with the VF 0! (Kawamori must have designed both at the same time)

But the SW-XAI looks hundred times better than the VF 0 IMHO. It´s a shame that it´s an advanced valkyrie from the VF-EX series. Looks more advanced than the VF 1 just like the VF 0 does, so it could have been THE valk for Macross Zero :( .

VF 0 toys: will get them

SW-XAI toys: will never get them (hell I even can´t find this IHP kit!)

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

The most popular, I think, would have to be Roy's VF-1S; after all, it has the most screen time.

The best, design wise, IMHO, would have to be the VF-2SS from Macross II.

Honorable mentions should be given to VF-11, YF-19, and the fanboy favorite...VF-4.

Edited by mechaninac

hmm... I agree in some respects to this statement, but I think it has to do more with the fact that it (the VF-1S) has been around for so long. Make no mistake, the VF 1S is the shiet.

But I think the YF 19 is right up there with the VF 1S. In the short time since it's debut in the 90's, its Years-since-debut:Popularity ratio is comparable, if not better than the VF 1S.

As for yammies, the YF 19 sells better... not the VF 1S. I've seen people happily dish out $160+ for a 1/72 YF 19, even despite it's flaws and small scale... If yamato makes it any better or bigger, there's no question that they'd sell out almost immediately. I alone would buy 3-5 of em...

anyway, that's my two cents.

You really think the Yf-19 is comparable in popularity to the VF-1S? Better?!?

I have to respectfully disagree... maybe on this board there's a big number of Macross Plus fans, but overall the Skull Focker (hee!) has got it whupped.

There has been one toy made of the YF-19. Two if you count the repaint. Both made by Yamato in the last 5 years. There have been probably 50 various versions of the Skull Focker in toy mode (if you don't count bootlegs), made since Macross began.

The YF-19 was featured in 5 episodes of an OVA. The Skull Focker was featured in 36 eps of Macross, then was the only valk from the TV show not redesigned for the film DYRL. In fact, the other valks were made to look just like it!

The YF-19 toy's prices have soared up to $160... mainly because it's Yamato's first Macross release and it's no longer available. The VF-1S has commanded prices in the $1000's. Before the Bandai reissues, the Takatoku originals were worth tons. You'll see the inflated prices of the YF-19 drop when Yamato releases a new one, similarly. If collectability was the ratio to measure, then the Bandai Super O and Elint would be the most popular valks and we all know that ain't true.

And I would also wager that Yamato has sold many, many, many more of their 1/60 and 1/48 Skull Fockers than they ever did the YF-19. I'd also gladly wager that they paid much more to make VF-1S licensed toys than they did for YF-19 licenses.

Then you have to factor in Robotech (groan)... hate it or despise it, HG's bastard series garnered more fans in the US than Macross Plus ever will. Mainly due to the era it was on and the lack of competing anime in the states at the time. The Skull Focker is easily the most expensive and commonly sold of the Robotech Masterpiece toys as well. All of the others are on sale. The VF-1S isn't.

Last, you also have to remember that the Skull Focker was so damn cool he was a Transformer with a funky repaint. And a damn popular transformer at that, with many fans not caring at all about his Macross origins.

I think it's a landslide victory for the Skull Focker... Personally, it ain't my favorite valk, but I think there's no question to it's popularity.