What's your most prized "Holy Grail" toy?

91WhiskeyM6

Well.... it's kinda difficult to judge which one is my most prized toy. I love all my toys and plastic models.... but if I have to choose, I'll choose 5 :lol:

1/60 PG RX-78 GP01 Gundam

1/48 VF-1A Low Vis (MIB)

1/60 PG MSZ-006 ZETA Gundam

1/60 PG RX-178 Mk. II Gundam

1/60 PG Wing Gundam Zero Custom

:D

ok, my prized "holy grail" toy or toys is my transformers collection, especially fortress maximus. I'd never thought I'd have him only because he cost way too much. Next would be my macross collection. I cherish all of the valks I have. Then I'd say my japanese boxed cyclone. After that, my star wars 12" figure collection, especially my vintage 13" minty boba-fett complete with box! I guess that's it. :p:D:lol:

Well.... it's kinda difficult to judge which one is my most prized toy. I love all my toys and plastic models.... but if I have to choose, I'll choose 5 :lol:

1/60 PG RX-78 GP01 Gundam

1/48 VF-1A Low Vis (MIB)

1/60 PG MSZ-006 ZETA Gundam

1/60 PG RX-178 Mk. II Gundam

1/60 PG Wing Gundam Zero Custom

:D

Ah ha! Finally I've found someone who likes PG Wing. But u place him at the bottom of your top 5? :blink: Seriously, PG Wing is the ONLY big-scale toy I'd seen that can be posed kneeling down and looks sooooooooooo damn cool. B))

post-4-1074565967_thumb.jpg

My 1970 1/2 Z-28 Camaro.

Technically it is both a toy and a holy grail as it is one of the rare "half-year" split bumper cars.

Everything else I own outside of some pre-ban guns are easilty attainable on the open market and not considered by me to be anything near "holy grail" status like an original Bandai 1/55 Elintseeker or something...

I guess mine's would have to be my 1/48 Low-Viz

I HAVE NOTHING WORTH BRAGGING ABOUT :(

i'm in the same boat, once i get outta Boot Camp though, i'm gonna get the VF-1S Hikaru and the 1/48 Millia since i'll have the money to do so

well, it doesn't have anything to do with macross or robotech, but this holds a large chunk of money err heart. Dancouga! :lol::lol: lets just say that its the most expensive model/toy that i own. cost more then my PG gundam zaku 2(char's color).

if you want something macross related... hmmm. i only have 4 model/toys. probably my fire-valk re-issue from bandai. just looks really cool in all modes, even though its really brick-ish. soon it will be the 1/55 Brown cannon fodder valk. i can't wait!! :D:D

Your_Number1_Fan

Hmmm.....absolute favorite toy? As a kid, Legos... as an adult? Still Legos. I'll probably be building with them my whole life. (It may take me that long to finish my 1/18th VF-1S :p). Apart from that, I took such good care of things as a kid, I still have most of the stuff worth keeping. I still have the old G.I. Joe Space Shuttle, and Cobra Hurricane, in near perfect condition. I used to have the F-14, but it wasn't mine to begin with, and was missing lots of parts. Those old G.I. Joe toys were incredible.. where else could you get something that big, that detailed, and with that many features? :D

The newer stuff I have can't really compare to my old toys, just because of sentimental value. My 1/48th Super VF-1J is the greatest thing I've gotten in a long time (and definitely the most expensive), but I think it would have been a lot more fun as a little kid. It'll never have the same play value that my Milia Joke Machine, or my old Ramjet Transformer did when I first got them. I didn't want to risk bringing my 1/48th to college with me (no way to get it here safely, and no room for the box), so I have my JM perched on my monitor instead. :lol:

I guess mine's would have to be my 1/48 Low-Viz

I HAVE NOTHING WORTH BRAGGING ABOUT  :(

i'm in the same boat, once i get outta Boot Camp though, i'm gonna get the VF-1S Hikaru and the 1/48 Millia since i'll have the money to do so

you have access to computers in boot camp??? or have you not shipped out yet?

For me macross wise it has to be the beautiful bandai hi-metal vf-1a with unapplied sticker in a minty box from Dax415 . Not as rare as an elintseeker but this thing is truely gem. Still has the $22.50 price sticker on it :blink:

2nd is a complete matsu jetfire I got from vermillion now in a unfolded jetfire box with all paperwork.

then we have my 67' piece o' camaro. I wished for since the day I could drive... Be careful what you wish fpr :blink: . It does make a really [retty planter at the moment :rolleyes:

other strange things of note lying around my house of merit....

wwII japanese officers sword

over 30 bronze age arrow heads/spear heads

british "pop-up" silk opera hat from 1902 worth $2k+

"Souvenirs" from 5 different aircraft carriers

a piece of wreckage [insulation] from the challenger. who else has one??? :rolleyes:

a bolex movie camera. The same model lucas used for stop motion in temple of doom.

all sorts of other cool crap. I have a hard time saying no to interesting things and they seem to seek me out... from an elephant bone pipe to tibetian jade, enough foriegn currency to buy a small village to a harpoon from the 1900s, tiffany and depression glass to signed books, Fossils to goat skulls [killed by a true native american], deppresion food tokens to bars of silver, a military slinky [if you don't know don't ask] to a pre-king james new testament...

What can I say but I'm an idiot and I spend a lot on renters insurrance :lol:

My prized collection:

Hmm lets see

Macross related:

1/48 VF-1S Roy & Hikaru

1/48 VF-1J

1/48 Low Vis

1/72 Hasegawa macross models

Non Macross related (Takara TF):

Black Fireconvoy and the TF2000 series

Jafcon Prime, Diaclone Magnus ..so on and G1 series

Nuclear convoy

Ehobby exclusives

MPC Prime

Personally i feel the Blackfireconvoy and Jafcon prime are my holy grail items but macross wise the 1/48 are my holy grail items.

Cheers

Edited by recon

Ah ha! Finally I've found someone who likes PG Wing. But u place him at the bottom of your top 5?  Seriously, PG Wing is the ONLY big-scale toy I'd seen that can be posed kneeling down and looks sooooooooooo damn cool. 

emm.... agree with the PG wing, it's the only one that can kneeling down and have metal inner frame. :) But.... lack of opening hatches and other gimmick make me put it on the bottom of my top 5 toys. just wondering, the pic of PG wing... its yours jonwayne? it's a stunning :D

emm.... agree with the PG wing, it's the only one that can kneeling down and have metal inner frame. :) But.... lack of opening hatches and other gimmick make me put it on the bottom of my top 5 toys. just wondering, the pic of PG wing... its yours jonwayne? it's a stunning :D

ya. mine. didn't paint it though. but i'd just bought a brand new piece. will definitely paint this next one. just not sure when i'll do it.

My mountain bike. It signifies the time I could pick up and go riding whenever the hell I wanted instead of worrying about the 9-5.

I hear that! As one who put in 83 total hours last week, I am well aware of this "9-5

you speak of. Problem is, last week it was more like "9-9 the next day." Oh well, at least they are sending me to New York City for two weeks. I'll spend half the time I am there cooped up in a server room, though.

That's a really tough call. Really.

If I had to choose one, it would be my 1/48 Focker VF-1S. I've waited for something like that for years. My Masterpiece Convoy is tied with it, pretty much.

1) Yamato Elintseeker (always wanted an Elint...love the Yam one...it's one of the few toys that gets a spot on my work desk...right beside the other Yam Elint and the 2 Yam Ostriches)

2) Unifive Jumbo Great Maz...took me forever to find this guy at a reasonable price (by far my longest ebay hunt), and it is the biggest, coolest toy I have

3) G1 Smokescreen Reissue...always loved smokey

4) Metal Material Strike Gundam with the sword and Launcher...straight up pimp

5)My baby...2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs...not as fast as a WRX, but fast enough for me...kicks ass in the snow...on it's way to 200hp :ph34r:

Hmm i'd have to say my Alpha1 Custom Max&Millia marriage set. I'm the proud owner of 1 of 2 custom box sets ever made :D I think... ;) and maybe all my custom 1/55's from various customizers. I'm not sure I love them all...

How 'bout some pics?

Hmm i'd have to say my Alpha1 Custom Max&Millia marriage set. I'm the proud owner of 1 of 2 custom box sets ever made :D I think... ;) and maybe all my custom 1/55's from various customizers. I'm not sure I love them all...

Yes, those customs are becoming more precious by the day! I've got Team Alpha's first attempt at the marriage set btw. :D

Joe P.