My PRECIOUS...no more...snif

robokochan

Earlier in the year I started a thread actually praising the Yamato VE-1 when it fell off my bookself. Well it seems as though this Valkyries existance wasfated all along. This sad tale involes a 4 year old child and a balcony on the 10th Floor. Somehow my son managed to get ahold of the only valkyrie I have on display (The Yamato VE-1). How he got it remains a mystery :unsure: , he has proven to be more clever than I anticipated. Anyway I went into my office (House Office) and noticed that my VE-1 was not there. There were random pieces on the floor. Frist thought..."Damn it fell again." So I start looking for it, under the couch behind boxes ect. Nothing. Only 1 fast pack and the dish. The fast pack was next to my desk and the dish was behind my door. At this point I know my son has it! So I search the house. I find him..."Where is Daddy's toy?" He doesn't reply...this is bad. I ask again...he answers in Japanese....really bad. That means he has done something really wrong. After about 30minutes of talking he finally points to the balcony. At this point fear runs through my body :unsure:

I go out on the balcony of hy house...there is nothing there? Nothing. I go over to the edge and look down. And I see a small spot of gray laying in in the grass. I think to myslef "No he wouldn't have done that....but as much as I denied it...it was true. It was the VE-1.

I then went down and tried to find all of the pieces which I could not. Surprizingly enough it wasn't in bad condition. The Back-pack hinge broke, both wings snapped, the tail fin assemble was completly destroyed.

Moral of the story. Valkyries cannot survive from a 10 story drop. Second result. I now have VE-1 parts if anybody needs them. :rolleyes:

Rob MN

:D

Since you are in Japan, I thought you were automatically insured?!

Sorry to hear about that man, I am contemplating displaying any valk I have in a locked glass display case, as I have two sons...

You wouldn't want to arrive home one day, and see you son holding a 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru head on his hand, and some other wing parts on the other son's hand! :blink:

Children are a natural hazard next to the real natural hazards!

Paulo

WOW Mr MrNugs

That was practice in becoming detached really quickly ,,kinda like instant Zen,,,,,

must leave all worldly goods..all attachments,,, got pics...j/k

You should get your son one of those boot legs to play with ..but he might not likey after he saw your yammie.."""whats this crap? i want yours"""" :lol:

Hope you kept your cool.....i would flip .....Hello adoption agency!!!.......

Edited by orguss01

Yikes. :(

Thankfully my 4-year old daughter can't stand any of my anime-related items.

(for which she refers to them as "gundams" as she was first exposed to my master grade kits at 2.....

please don't cringe too much.....

I'm trying to explain what MA-CROSS is and how to tell the difference. ;) )

I guess I should also thank my wife for not letting the little one get a hold of them.....because I can no longer display them.......ANYWHERE!!! :blink:

Sorry to hear about your loss. What I would do is box what is left up, gift wrap it, and give it to the kid, on his next B-day! He'll always remember what he did, and when he's grown up enough and asking for a car, just point to the busted valkyrie and shake your head. Call this a guilt coupon.

AHHHHHHHHH NNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! say it isn,t so. Sorry about your Valkyrie, this is why I put mine up high in the closet where no little one can get to it.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Thanks for all of your symapathy...it is much needed. It was put up high enogh so he couldn't reach it...still wondering about that. Yes I did yell at him...not for breaking the toy but for throwing it off of the balcony, which may have been a accident. If it would have hit someone it probably would have killed them. You would definatly see it on the news and Yamato would have to put a warning label on the boxes :lol:

I did give him a bootleg valk before. One of the VF-19's. He loved it although it is in pieces now as well. <_< Starting to notice a trend. And I am glad he was playing pilot in stead of Sailor Scout. ;)

I would super glue it back together...but I couldn't find all the parts and it was kinda twisted in strange positions....time to just get a new one.

Rob

Sorry to hear about your loss. What I would do is box what is left up, gift wrap it, and give it to the kid, on his next B-day! He'll always remember what he did, and when he's grown up enough and asking for a car, just point to the busted valkyrie and shake your head. Call this a guilt coupon.

Damn you are wicked. No wonder your name is wicked ace . :D But I like the way you think. ;)

........This sad tale involes a 4 year old child and a balcony on the 10th Floor.  .............Anyway I went into my office (House Office)  ............  balcony.

I go out on the balcony of hy house...there is nothing there? 

Moral of the story.  Valkyries cannot survive from a 10 story drop.  Second result.  I now have VE-1 parts if anybody needs them. :rolleyes: 

Rob MN

10th floor.....house? A ten story HOUSE?! Cripes, how many valkyries/toys can you store in that much space?! Rob's not a kindergarten teacher, he's some sort of Dr.Evil-monkey type of guy!! Using all that money he makes from selling toy valkyries, he funds his evil empire and makes a Giant Evil Monkey robot that throws explosive nuggets around! Then he'll blackmail the world for..... ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!

Of course before that happens, his 4yr old son will get ahold of the controller box and throw it out the window causing it to shatter into one million pieces on the ground below thereby making the Giant Evil Monkey Robot go haywire and once again we see Tokyo get destroyed.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

10th floor.....house? A ten story HOUSE?! Cripes, how many valkyries/toys can you store in that much space?! Rob's not a kindergarten teacher, he's some sort of Dr.Evil-monkey type of guy!! Using all that money he makes from selling toy valkyries, he funds his evil empire and makes a Giant Evil Monkey robot that throws explosive nuggets around! Then he'll blackmail the world for..... ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!

Of course before that happens, his 4yr old son will get ahold of the controller box and throw it out the window causing it to shatter into one million pieces on the ground below thereby making the Giant Evil Monkey Robot go haywire and once again we see Tokyo get destroyed.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That is just about the funniest thing I have ever read :lol::lol: (How did you know I was making a giant evil robot monkey to try and take over the world? <_< .) However you have the ransom all wrong. I will hold the world at ransom for exactly $80.00! The price to replace my poor VE-1 :( .

And because you demand it I will post some pics when I get home tonight.

I live in a Japanese Mansion, and my "Shoe-Box" House is on the 10th floor. It's not too bad. I got the biggest one they had to offer...but still too small and yes you could probably buy a small country for the price I paid for it. :angry:

So sorry to hear about your news Rob. I too have a small office in my house (where I also display most of my toys) that I keep under constant lock and key. Last year, I gave my son a Bandai Hikaru VF1J, but that wasn't enough! He's always bugging me to show the him and allow him to play with my collection - Which I will never allow.

Now I've allowed him to come into that room under my supervision, ONLY if he behaved well and has done his homework.

A tip for all those with littl'ns and a macross collection.

If a kid sees something up high that they can't reach, they are quite capable to grabbing hold of whatever it is perched on (eg. book case) and shaking it until the toy comes down.

I suspect this is maybe what happened in your case Monkey

My 2 year old niece recently go hold of one of my Valks.

Luckily it was a Bandai and survived being thrown down the stairs.

My 1/48s, I had put away for the duration of her visit.

Out of sight out of mind. :ph34r:

Augh!, that sucks Rob.

But, hey, make the best of a bad thing, sell off the intact parts individually.

Is there enough left of the Elint to maybe snag up a sacrificial VF-1A, and use it's hinges etc as framework to re-construct yours?

Worse comes to worse, send a letter to Yamato praising them for their construction (seriously) and describe how the valk fared after a long fall like that, maybe they'll use it somehow, and send you a consolation valk in return. I have heard of similar stories from other companies.

Edited by Mechamaniac

I was thinking about doing some sort of custom with the parts. I have an extra VF-1A TRU that is broke as well. (Yamato poor quality breakage) .

It would be cool if Yamato would do something like that..but I doubt it. Yamato doesn't do anything to help it's customers really. I have since boxed up all my toys so my son can't get to them. I only have minor stuff displayed now. Man my office looks bare!

Rob

Oh man, those kids breaking toys stories scare me. I'm fixing to have triplets with 2 boys and I have more than a few expensive toys on display. I plan on locking my two ikea glass cabinets but I also have open shelves. Luckily, I do live in a one story house so that helps. :lol:

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry Rob, that sucks!!!! :( Still, your son's ingenuity must make you proud....at four he could climb the shelf, retrieve the toy, and make it too the balcony unobserved, where he knew what it should do, and attempted to free it. Truly, you have a bright boy on your hands.

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I think we should start a letter of complaint to Yamato. You pay $100 for a toy and it won't even survive a simply 10 story fall!?!? What is this world coming too!!!

;)

Thanks for all the sympathy guys..it means alot. And sorry for the late reply. I had serious computer problems over the weekend. (My son didn't do it...it was all me for the computer)

Here is a pic of what I salvaged.

I feel so sorry for you. :o:(

Your kid reminds me of when I was a little kid.

I used to do the very same thing, plus I burn the sides with a matchstick.

At the same time, it got me thinking, when I have my own kid, should I buy myself a safe and put all

my valk toys there?