Star Trek: Picard (CBS All-Access)

UN Spacy

On my "Fakebook" feed.

There is a possibility that you guys can actually find the correct links to these posts.

342375753_1402814967135984_5025622390374395164_n.jpg

345592089_989402738888790_3866826567689037319_n.jpg

Edit: Does the above pic remind anyone of the DNA Helix pattern to a slight degree or I'm am I totally off my rocker?

As per Admiral Picard's Quote:  "Such Borg Technology" about Fleet Admiral Shelby's tactic of Fleet Formation (I maybe incorrectly in saying that honestly).    

Edited by borgified

4 hours ago, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

I do not know if it was good or not.

It was not "good," merely less reprehensible than previous seasons... or indeed, most anything produced under Kurtzman's auspices. 🤕

6 hours ago, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

I finished S3 last night and I have mixed feelings.  I do not know if it  was good or not.  I might have seen it through the nostalgia glasses.  I loved next generation.

Ah, yeah... Picard season three was meticulously crafted to require viewing through the nostalgia glasses.

Without the nostalgia glasses it's pretty mediocre television.  It's eminently watchable, which is more than can be said for the previous seasons.  A fast food hamburger and fries as opposed to the dumpster diving for ham scraps behind Subway that was seasons one and two or the lovingly cooked and beautifully plated steak and baked potato that is Strange New Worlds season one.  It's good, it's just not great.

17 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Ah, yeah... Picard season three was meticulously crafted to require viewing through the nostalgia glasses.

Without the nostalgia glasses it's pretty mediocre television.  It's eminently watchable, which is more than can be said for the previous seasons.  A fast food hamburger and fries as opposed to the dumpster diving for ham scraps behind Subway that was seasons one and two or the lovingly cooked and beautifully plated steak and baked potato that is Strange New Worlds season one.  It's good, it's just not great.

I never watched s2. I could barely get through s1 it was so bad. 

25 minutes ago, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

You really didn't miss much.

Taken with seasons one and three, it reminds me of nothing so much as the extended "Canto Bight" digression in the middle of Star Wars: the Last Jedi.  The plot starts out doing one thing, then while that's going on the characters go somewhere else and do something largely unrelated to that for much of the runtime, then rejoin the main story shortly before the end.  Except instead of taking an extended side trip to a resort planet to make judgmental remarks about people on holiday they go back in time by way of an evil alternate universe even more cartoonishly villainous than the normal Mirror Universe to do some hackneyed social commentary about the mid-2020s and a weird subplot about global warming.

4 hours ago, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

Good thing with this is that you really don't have to have seen the previous two. Does doing so help with some back story? Sure. But it's not essential, and some things like the Borg, ,will actually seem a little less confusing thanks to Season Two. In the end, it hearkened back to a lot of TNG, which was the point.

Ensign Esmar (Jin Maley) gets a short interview.  Actual chat discussion found Reddit (can be a curse or blessing)

Edit: Found another one! Elizabeth Dennehy (Fleet Admiral Elizabeth Shelby). Maybe more to follow. 

Edited by borgified

On 5/10/2023 at 12:25 PM, borgified said:

On my "Fakebook" feed.

There is a possibility that you guys can actually find the correct links to these posts.

342375753_1402814967135984_5025622390374395164_n.jpg

Okay, this cements my loathing and contempt for the JJ-Prise.  There's no reason to MAKE IT BIGGER.  The Galaxy-class is big enough for my needs, thank you very much.

Lavar on the Shuttlepod Show

Note: This format use today has gotten many people upset as they we're used to the original format and not liking change. Dom has confirmed that Terry Matalas will be on, date to be finalized.

4 hours ago, borgified said:

So fun fact, he played the Captain of the U.S.S. Enterprise in a movie that featured Gates McFadden as the wife of a man named Jack. 😉

That movie is “The Hunt for Red October”

From Fleet Admiral Sherwood's Twitter

"Is the Enterprise - F canonically the largest vessel to have been docked within Earth Space Dock? I’m presuming it is?? I’m sure #StarTrek & #StarTrekOnline fans will put me right if not ?"

Answer from Mike Urva's Twitter:

"You have to remember that the Spacedock that we saw the E-F fly out of is NOT the same spacedock that we saw in STIII-VI. That is Probert Station, which has replaced the original Spacedock. The original ESD is now in orbit of Athan Prime and is the home of the Fleet Museum!" 

Sidenote: 

@sh9000 - I think you might have better luck than I do finding these odd Starship pics. Can you post them if you see them fit?