VF-1S: Super or Strike?

VE Telus

Super or Strike?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Super or Strike?

• Super
    • Strike

Finally, the 1/48 VF-1S has arrived! I'm in awe of the execution: it's very well done, and the proportions are excellent to say the least. Thank you all for making my first Macross acquisition a choice one!

I am now engulfed in an internal debate about which armour parts to put on. Which one, to you, looks the more aesthestically pleasing? Symmetrical-looking super engine or an asymmetrical-looking strike cannon?

And tuck in that airbrake

Aye aye! :lol:

PS: What is this step? Figure I'll just ask it here instead of making a new post. Am I to detach that piece? I can push the grey piece in a bit, but that's about it. Am I missing something here? *scratches head*

post-4-1074073744.jpg

Edited by VE Telus

That grey part is the removeable engine intake cover, which you should remove for displaying a non-FAST pack equipped Valk in fighter mode.

Or to make that a bit clearer, the only time this cover is open in the anime is when the valks are flying in fighter mode (and perhaps also Gerwalk mode as well) in an atmosphere. In battroid mode, or when the Valk is in space this cover stays closed.

When you remove this cover, you can see the front of the engine.

Graham

BTW, how did you get yours to stand up straight with the armor on? The armor seemed to heavy and the only way I could get mine to stand up straight was to lean it against something. Here's how I was "forced" by gravity to pose mine:

There are several ways to stand the 1/48 on it's own with FAST Packs.

The action pose is the obvious choice. Just manipulate the toy in a pose where the weight is distributed enough so the 1/48 will remain standing. The picture of the VF-1J (without FAST packs) on HobbyLink Japan shows one. Note that even though this is without FAST Packs, it works with them.

The second is to either lean the toy slighty forward while angling the legs backward. Like stretching your own ankles, the feet will be angled forward while the legs are angled backward.

The third way is actually reall easy and looks the best. Angle the upper body just slightly forward and have the legs straight and the z-axis of each knee angled out. This keeps the mecha almost completely in a standing pose, but is solid and keeps itself upright in battroid mode with FAST Packs. It almost looks as if the mech is in the standard pose, but the torso is slightly forward. A note, the hips (Ie tips of the intakes) must rest upon the side of the fighter nose canards. If they sit in front like usual, you won't get the angle you need and the mecha will be tilted too far back.

VF-1S: Super or Strike?

Well, since Yamato was kind enough to include both parts (HMMP-02 pod and RO-X2A cannon), I'd say you can go based on how you feel on any given day. I'd say start with the cannon (since that is canon ;) ) and if you get tired of it, switch to the missile pod: lather, rinse, repeat as needed.

Edited by Draykov

Hikaru VF-1S? Since it wasn't seen until DYRL = it can ONLY be a Strike

Roy VF-1S? Since it was seen in SDF: M and DYRL = Super (SDF: M) or Strike (DYRL)

Max VF-1S? Since it wasn't seen until DYRL (but NEVER seen with Fast Packs) = I guess Super or Strike

Edited by UN Spacy

I like the cannon of the strike mode... but the symmetry of the "ordinary" Super Valkyrie is pretty cool too. So... Strike wins for functionality and Super for aesthetics. ;)

BTW, how did you get yours to stand up straight with the armor on? The armor seemed to heavy and the only way I could get mine to stand up straight was to lean it against something. Here's how I was "forced" by gravity to pose mine:

you can PULL the feet out which maek ti more stable. sicne it opens wider. from your picture it seems they are in fiter mode jsut extended.

Kenneth in case you were wondering, DYRL is an acronym for "Do You Remeber Love" That is the macross movie. It is the only time in the cartoon where a strike cannon is portrayed. The super packs were in the TV show but never a cannon. Check out the other sections for the difference btw TV and DYRL

oh and its Strike all the way baby