It's about time we see some of the new guys collection pics. I saw the lists in the panic buy thread, now let's see the results.

sadly i can't buy much stuff from the FS forum, shipping from US to Canada is a PIA. I can order tax and duty free from japan all day long though. :/

Why only Miriya VF-1J? It is strange seeing only one of the pair.

max's 1A is right beside her in the GBP :)

Edited by davzilla

Guest davidwhangchoi

It's about time we see some of the new guys collection pics. I saw the lists in the panic buy thread, now let's see the results.

i'd love to but i'm afraid of taking them out of their boxes, all i have is pics of boxes. will try to open one and put up pics

Guest davidwhangchoi

here's another in the same pose:

photo1_zps5d360149.jpg

photo2_zpsb9a89171.jpg

photo3_zpsf5dbd6f2.jpg

Speakers so loud they can blow women's clothes off.

that's my pioneer kuro elite pro 151fd 60 plasma, the world's greatest hdtv. and some energy RC-70s posed in the background of the VT-1

i'd love to but i'm afraid of taking them out of their boxes, all i have is pics of boxes. will try to open one and put up pics

Free them all from their boxes!!! :D (unless you plan to resell them...)

Get a decent display cab and UNLEASH!!! :)

photo3_zpsf5dbd6f2.jpg

It'll look better with its super packs on ;) Edited by m0n5t3r

Guest davidwhangchoi

this is the second time the box was opened and first time i pulled the legs out into gerwalk mode

this is their getto display until i can get a detolf cab:

vt-1box_zps0de736e8.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

ok, one last one, thanks for the push to take them out of the boxes:

low viz with plastic sleeves on

lowviz_zps82df93f5.jpg

lowviz2_zpscee3ddb2.jpg

It'll look better with its super packs on ;)

i will! i need to make some room then i'll put all the packs on and get a display case :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

See, now they're starting to be worth what you paid.

i hear ya!

i can't get myself these to open these :rolleyes: Arcadia give some news!

0dd26865-cf8f-4399-99ee-552ffb7337ca_zps

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Here's my display case in progress. It's a little cluttered right now as I'm still trying to figure out the best way to pose everything to maximize space. I'm hoping the 6 flightpose stands I have on preorder will help because I still have 3 more valks that need to be taken out of their boxes!

DSCF2515.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

Here's my display case in progress. It's a little cluttered right now as I'm still trying to figure out the best way to pose everything to maximize space. I'm hoping the 6 flightpose stands I have on preorder will help because I still have 3 more valks that need to be taken out of their boxes!

DSCF2515.jpg

i like that you have all the vf-1s' on top. i see a vf 171 cf box on the side and an alto 25F

Guest davidwhangchoi

Trust me David, you need to crack open that 1D. So many iconic poses to be displayed with that one.

you're a bad influence, jk ;) i actually had two vf-1ds, i had one on display (not in a case but on my glass table away from light) but i gave it to a friend as a wedding present cause i had two and i figured i just open the second (i got the vf-1d for 75 and the 30th option parts version for 115) but when yamato closed and everyone freaked out, i just put everything away and was afraid to touch anything that became out of control in demand.

i wanted to ask my friend for the vf-1d back because his wife thinks it's a piece of junk and wants to throw it away :wacko: but i couldn't say anything about taking it back bc it was a wedding gift but i told him don't let her throw it away.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

DSCF2515.jpg

I see you finally got some stands. Where at?

you're a bad influence, jk ;) i actually had two vf-1ds, i had one on display (not in a case but on my glass table away from light) but i gave it to a friend as a wedding present cause i had two and i figured i just open the second (i got the vf-1d for 75 and the 30th option parts version for 115) but when yamato closed and everyone freaked out, i just put everything away and was afraid to touch anything that became out of control in demand.

haha I know what you mean. I still haven't open couple of my boxes since I got it couple months ago.

Guest davidwhangchoi

haha I know what you mean. I still haven't open couple of my boxes since I got it couple months ago.

i feel ya!

I've yet to see anyone knock a Valk because it's box was open. I personally think these bad boys need to be cracked open and enjoyed. It's one reason I don't mind loose Valks. I get them cheaper and I get to whoosh them around the house. I tried whooshing one around while it was still in the box but it wasn't the same for some reason.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I tried whooshing one around while it was still in the box but it wasn't the same for some reason.

hahahaha. Benson, not only do you have a compelling argument that's difficult to refute, that was damn funny.

edit: i'm still dying of laughter :)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I got the bandai stands from a local gundam model shop called robot4less.

My name is Benson, and I'm a Macross addict.

So what do the rest of you new guys have for displays? What do you like about other members displays? What is your ideal display? What are some unique ways you'd display your valks?

It's time to breathe some new life into this thread.

DSCF2515.jpg

You can a better pose for Max and the 1J by bending the elbow a bit more... They're double-jointed ;)

My name is Benson, and I'm a Macross addict.

So what do the rest of you new guys have for displays? What do you like about other members displays? What is your ideal display? What are some unique ways you'd display your valks?

It's time to breathe some new life into this thread.

Haha, i remember the time when i only had 1 cab and those 3 VF-1S valks (and a few other things)... It's always great to see other members' growing collection pics (not just text...). My collecting has been severely slowed down due to limited space and funds...

Now i only have old pics to share...

post-8437-0-08398700-1368263368_thumb.jpg post-8437-0-72932300-1368263689_thumb.jpg

Edited by m0n5t3r

Man do I love that Hikaru bringing the hate pose.

How do you guys like organizing your collection? Me personally, I like to group by series. I also have a shelf dedicated to the enemies and their mecha. I'll be adding tbe Theater Scout and Gnerl to it soon. I've seen others just create an epic tower of Macross. No rhyme or reason, just up.

Man do I love that Hikaru bringing the hate pose.

How do you guys like organizing your collection? Me personally, I like to group by series. I also have a shelf dedicated to the enemies and their mecha. I'll be adding tbe Theater Scout and Gnerl to it soon. I've seen others just create an epic tower of Macross. No rhyme or reason, just up.

I try to do by series/groups. I've got a Zentradi/Meltrandi shelf, a VF-1 only, Battroid/Destroid, a Plus/7, and a miscellaneous (old Bandai and Imai kits, plus a VF-2SS).

post-12411-0-40184500-1358152280_thumb.jpg

Jefuemon, how did you go about selecting what went on what piece of shelf real estate? I noticed that what may be considered less popular mecha has some of the more prime shelf space.

I got the bandai stands from a local gundam model shop called robot4less.

I can't find any local shop in Nor Cal., bummer!

You can a better pose for Max and the 1J by bending the elbow a bit more... They're double-jointed ;)

Haha, i remember the time when i only had 1 cab and those 3 VF-1S valks (and a few other things)... It's always great to see other members' growing collection pics (not just text...). My collecting has been severely slowed down due to limited space and funds...

Now i only have old pics to share...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg attachicon.gifimage.jpg

those gundam base 1 stands?