Hi, I am new here

sci70716

Hi all, I am very new to Macross...currently only own 3 1/60 Macross namely, Strike, Milia and Elintseeker. Going to dabble in 1/48 soon...awaitinf my low Vis and will be getting 1 J Roy and 1/48 Hikaru version when I go HK in feb.

I am mainly a 12 inch fig, Transformers and recently started to collect Chogokins.

Maybe the season collectors here can advice me on which Hikaru Version 1S,1A and 1J should I get...totally lost...currently swaying more towards the 1 S but 1 A also not too bad. Dun really fancy 1 J...will only get one...

My Collection

Anyone has contacts of Hk shops selling Macross pls let me know..emails preferred......

Thanx

Edited by sci70716

Welcome aboard,

Welcome to your newest and bestest addiction called Valkaholism! It's all consuming and will push all your other collections to the way side as Macross swells and stiffles them out on your shelves. Your wallet will soon be screaming for mercy as you plunder it for cash at a frenzied pace to make your collection complete! :D

As for what to collect, you really cant go wrong with the Yamato line or really any of the Japan made toys. There are some USA made ones but your better off without them, IMO. Of course there are junk asian knock off's but there pretty easy to spot and you just end up buying those anyhow out of curiosity and completeism. It's a beautifull thing! :)

the Hikaru vf-1s and vf-1a are nearly identical dyrl paint job, thats is really a personal prefrence over wich head style you like, four lazers or one.

the vf-1j is a totally diffrent paintjob and head than the other two, AND if i remember correctly it comes with big fat tv hands (wich i like)

none of these is really better than the others so its not like if you buy the wrong one you'll be sorry, its just personal preffrence.

I tend to agree with the other guys here, At this stage in the game the only real differences are aesthetic. Pick the one that you like the best and you won't be disappointed. The 1-A and the 1-S have very little difference, many like the 1-S because it is like an enhanced "Jetfire", many prefer the 1-A because it isn't :)

The 1-J has some differences, swappable hands, a very different looking paint job, but the quality of the toys is uniform, they feel good in your hand and look great on a shelf.

Hi all, I am very new to Macross...currently only own 3 1/60 Macross namely, Strike, Milia and Elintseeker. Going to dabble in 1/48 soon...awaitinf my low Vis and will be getting 1 J Roy and 1/48 Hikaru version when I go HK in feb.

I am mainly a 12 inch fig, Transformers and recently started to collect Chogokins.

Maybe the season collectors here can advice me on which Hikaru Version 1S,1A and 1J should I get...totally lost...currently swaying more towards the 1 S but 1 A also not too bad. Dun really fancy 1 J...will only get one...

URL=http://community.webshots.com/user/sci70716]My Collections[/url]

Anyone has contacts of Hk shops selling Macross pls let me know..emails preferred......

Thanx

Hey sci70716, welcome to MW world!! Enjoy your stay here!!

Hey are you are a member of SGC? im a member there too. :lol::D:p

If you need addresses of the local shops in HK, no problems..i can get the name cards for ya, in addition i have a street directory of the shops location too. Namely since you are looking for macross related items or TF, i have a few to recommend, Sino Centre (Animate, Kanto Hobby), CTMA centre (Lots of vintage as well as present stuff), Trendy plaza, as well as Causeway bay (Another Animate branch there as well as a few toy shops). I will be heading to HK on the 8th for the MW Shopathon, so cya when im back.

My personal opinion on which are the must get:

1) 1/48 VF-1S Roy (Re-issue)

2) 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru

3) 1/48 Low Vis VF-1A

4) 1/48 VF-1J (Non Fps version..why? Wait for Yamato to release a GPB :p;) )

Not forgetting, 1/48 Fps set for each of the mention above. It would probably be wise to get a box from the hotel, as well as some personal bubble packing to pack/protect your 1/48 boxes, then send it back by EMS or Air mail as i foresee that it would a great problem in carrying the huge boxes back.

Cheers

I say if your looking for total completion go for the 1/60th line. Collecting the whole 1/48th line up will take a major toll on space and finances. If I had to make a list of must have 1/48's it would be the Lowviz, Reissue focker 1S, and from what I understand the 1J is also awesome.

Edited by GobotFool

Hey sci70716, welcome to MW world!! Enjoy your stay here!!

Hey are you are a member of SGC? im a member there too.  :lol:  :D  :p

If you need addresses of the local shops in HK, no problems..i can get the name cards for ya, in addition i have a street directory of the shops location too. Namely since you are looking for macross related items or TF, i have a few to recommend, Sino Centre (Animate, Kanto Hobby), CTMA centre (Lots of vintage as well as present stuff), Trendy plaza, as well as Causeway bay (Another Animate branch there as well as a few toy shops). I will be heading to HK on the 8th for the MW Shopathon, so cya when im back.

My personal opinion on which are the must get:

1) 1/48 VF-1S Roy (Re-issue)

2) 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru

3) 1/48 Low Vis VF-1A

4) 1/48 VF-1J (Non Fps version..why? Wait for Yamato to release a GPB  :p  ;) )

hi Guys thanx for the advice. :D

Hi Recon, ya, I am from Sgc too...my universal nick..the one and only... :lol:

It will be cool if you could pass the namecards to me...currently i only know animate carries the 1/48 in Hk...not sure abt the rest...when i was there last yr I was busy sopping for 1/6 fig and never bother abt Macross. Wanted to contact them to reserve the stuff for me before i fly over...

Could you drop me a Pm once you are back? I will be heading for New Zealand on the 10th and will be back on the 30th Jan.

Will be heeding your advice to get the first 3 in the recommended list..will hold out for 1J...dun really dig it....will wait for the 1J GPB version...if it is going to be released. :p

As for shipping, was thinking of discarding the boxes and just bring back the valks from HK....but than I would have to sell dirt cheap subsequently I I decided to let go... :rolleyes:

Edited by sci70716

LOL, Valkyrie collecting is a stern mistress that demands more of your display space and finances than any other hobby ever will. She is brutal and if you ignore her then she just issues the next 1/48 release without you and keeps on going.....

... but we love her anyway!

Welcome. The Hikaru S and J with fastpacks are excellent buys.

You can not go wrong with either. Roy is nice too.

http://www.tmpforums.com/coppermine/displa...cat=10058&pos=3

Edited by Mechafan

:D

Hummm....

it seems you have found another bottomless hole to put your money in!

But you will feel pleasure whenever you do it! At least I love any 1/48 that I have.

Got some a few 1/60 but it's not the same.

I have bunch of models too, and Action Figures of Dragon, BBi, etc.

Welcome to our MW forum!