Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I've lost track, I've got the Glaug and Monster pre-ordered but is the Roy Hi-Metal up for pre-order anywhere or do we know when it's going up?

The HRM Roy preorders where opened a long time ago. It is a Tamashii Webshop Exclusive so you have to go through a middle man. NY has them still available but no pay later option:

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/14320-hi-metal-r-vf-1s-strike-valkyrie-roy-focker-special-limited-edition.html

I know they are taking pictures of the Monster at an angle so you don't see the photographer's reflection. I would like a more straight on picture so we can more accurately judge the Monster's size compared to the other mecha.

I know they are taking pictures of the Monster at an angle so you don't see the photographer's reflection. I would like a more straight on picture so we can more accurately judge the Monster's size compared to the other mecha.

Not sure if the pic in the very first post of this thread is representative of the final product, but that pic seems to have the most straight on angle. You can get a better sense of scale with that pic.

My first pic would be the best for size comparison, especially for those who have the VF-1. The Regults are so far away, you'd be at an angle to fit them in one shot and the Glaug...

I'll see if I can get a better shot this weekend. ;)

post-458-0-73316000-1459292041_thumb.jpg

I hope my ikea detolf cabinet is big enough.

It should fit on top. If you want to put it inside the detolf, you will need to angle it in. The inside measurements are tight for the 400mm cannons. You won't be able to point the cannons at the glass door, for instance.

I hope my ikea detolf cabinet is big enough.

It should fit on top. If you want to put it inside the detolf, you will need to angle it in. The inside measurements are tight for the 400mm cannons. You won't be able to point the cannons at the glass door, for instance.

I might be lucky and get it to fit in the Ikea Klingsbo with a few cm to spare but it will definitely need to be on a 45 degree angle..

It can fit in the detolf sideways.

How? 400mm is about 15 3/4 inches. A detolf shelf has the following dimensions: 340mm width x 390mm length. If you can fudge it sideways, make sure to take a picture. I think Spanner's idea for placing it at an angle is the best solution for the detolf too.

Edited by technoblue

The cannons are positioned diagonally, not horizontally.

Ah! I was having a difficult time imagining that last night. I'm still curious about how it would look. It may look cool, no doubt. But if one wants to be creative with aiming the cannons, it seems a sideways placement will have some restrictions.