Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

Here's hoping the show will be more 'space opera'-ish and less of a music video.

They were in space for most of the series and there was a lot of singing, sounds like a Space Opera to me. :p

I can't tell who's being serious and who's being sarcastic anymore.

I can't even tell when I'm being sarcastic anymore. The idea of an AKB0048 crossover started as a big joke to me, but now I kinda want it. Or at least the "idol group" concept.

I'm just bummed that the new series is set too soon after Frontier for any of the main characters to be children of the Frontier cast. Unless it goes all "War in the Pocket," anyway. Even with all of the different opinions on these boards, I doubt there are many folks wishing for grade-school protagonists.

Maybe it's so simple, like a delta wing, or it's not even Delta, but just Triangle.

because Triangles have never been used in Macross right.... RIGHT?!

Although with Kawamori realizing we all know the eventual trump card for the enemy,

we might get a good old fashion MindF.

Maybe they end up shooting Tommy Yune into the black hole, and the enemy no longer fearing

lawsuits goes back to making minmay dolls in Macross City, Vajra sing songs, Ai-Kun marries Gubaba,

lasting peace across the galaxy. Then Hikaru wakes up the day before the SDF-1 takes off.

BAM!

With the franchise's new found level of popularity, now might be the best time to revisit the roots of the franchise....old school fans would appreciate it and newer fans that have just discovered Macross via Frontier would get to see the characters we all love! What would happen if Minmay, Sheryl & Ranka & this new idol all sang Nyan Nyan simultaneously in different regions of the galaxy!

...What would happen if Minmay, Sheryl & Ranka & this new idol all sang Nyan Nyan simultaneously in different regions of the galaxy!

That could set off a catastrophic cascade of anti-spirita energy in the very fabric of space-time to propagate backwards in time like a Fold shock wave of glowy reboot voodoo that unravels the established history of the franchise into oblivion, so that the ASS-1 never crashes on Earth... :p

On the plus side, Basara would never exist. :ph34r:

Well now that we seem to be in request mode, I want a cameo by Veffidas were she appears as a studio drummer. It'd be easy. She doesn't even need to talk.

Better yet, all of a sudden she won't shut up, like the Flower Girl in the M7 radio dramas!

And then the Protodeviln destroy the galaxy, completely unchallenged. Great story. :wacko:

Why would that be? They were awakened by one of the emigration fleets; thus, no chain of events that lead to human colonization/exploration armadas = no androgynous character and crew stumbling into the Protodeviln's sanctum to revive them and be possessed by the Cirque du Soleil troupe of baddies = no rampaging PDs to destroy the galaxy, unchallenged or otherwise. ;)

Edited by mechaninac

Why would that be? They were awakened by one of the emigration fleets; thus, no chain of events that lead to human colonization/exploration armadas = no androgynous character and crew stumbling into the Protodeviln's sanctum to revive them and be possessed by the Cirque du Soleil troupe of baddies = no rampaging PDs to destroy the galaxy, unchallenged or otherwise. ;)

But then there are no Valkyries, and no music to defeat enemies of earth, and then 98% of don't give a crap about it anymore.

27 episodes about Hikaru the circus flyer? no thanks!

^You misunderstand. All I've posited was speculation as to a possible outcome of what could happen "if Minmay, Sheryl & Ranka & this new idol all sang Nyan Nyan simultaneously in different regions of the galaxy!" -- a glib, 'All Good Things' inspired (think anti-time), response to Isamu Starkiller's musing. The bit about Basara was just a bit of tongue-in-cheek bating on my part, which lead to my reply to Gubaba, that then you quoted. And yes, 27 episodes of mostly dull Hikaru performing flying circus stunts would be rather lame.

Edited by mechaninac

^You misunderstand. All I've posited was speculation as to a possible outcome of what could happen "if Minmay, Sheryl & Ranka & this new idol all sang Nyan Nyan simultaneously in different regions of the galaxy!" -- a glib, 'All Good Things' inspired (think anti-time), response to Isamu Starkiller's musing. The bit about Basara was just a bit of tongue-in-cheek bating on my part, which lead to my reply to Gubaba, that then you quoted. And yes, 27 episodes of mostly dull Hikaru performing flying circus stunts would be rather lame.

It's all good, I think the Sarcasm in this thread is growing fast then the Vajra's fold network. It'd be like a fun in-cheek jab at fans if Kawamori

kept making background plots about people trying to find Minmay. Regardless of how much money you throw at him, I think the story of the Megaroad

is meant to stay a mystery. Great stories must have mystery, because life is mystery. it's needed, in order for conscience beings to have a reason to evolve.

I don't see anyone bringing up the fact, that with Vajra fold technology they could leave the galaxy, and head for another?

Maybe not 8 years later, but LAI could be working towards that.

I totally agree! BASARA NEEDS TO RETURN!

BOMBAA!!

AS THE VILLAIN - BAM!! :p

That could set off a catastrophic cascade of anti-spirita energy in the very fabric of space-time to propagate backwards in time like a Fold shock wave of glowy reboot voodoo that unravels the established history of the franchise into oblivion, so that the ASS-1 never crashes on Earth... :p

On the plus side, Basara would never exist. :ph34r:

YAY!! Let's do that... Wait! that's a mighty high price to pay to erase Basara from history....hmmm

Edited by Zinjo

Macross Delta = Basara meets a race of beings who don't want to listen to his song... because they are deaf.

How does music defeat those who can't hear?

Macross 7 Plus +: Basara learns the art of dance and Fire Bomber gets some choreography

Macross 7 Plus +: Basara learns the art of dance and Fire Bomber gets some choreography

Again, that's basically what happened in that Frontier gag manga. Ozma goes out and sings to bunch of Zentradi attackers, but they're old and deaf, so he gets killed. FInally, Alto goes out and dances kabuki, and that gets 'em.

Actually, it was done in M7, too, because there were one or two episodes where the enemies couldn't hear Basara, but it isn't the sound, it's the PASSION (i.e. Spiritia) that is effective, so eventually it still affected the Protodeviln.

Months on, and this thread still has me responding with "SEVEN DID IT." :D

So how does the audition work? Where does one find these karaoke booths in Japan?

http://joysound.com/ex/utasuki/movie/video/_mid_1970020669_index.htm

lol. what were you looking for when you found this stuff?

Edit: Nvm. This crap is fun.

I want to get drunk and sing this:

http://joysound.com/ex/utasuki/movie/video/_mid_1929630903_index.htm

http://joysound.com/ex/utasuki/movie/video/_mid_1945773836_index.htm

Edited by HannouHeiki

I'll just go out and say the front page is awesome. It is the hub of English Macross. It literally makes Macross feel "alive" and active. I feel I learn things as they happen.

I remember when the Re:Fire album came out. I Only knew about it because I did my quarterly MacrossWorld browse and read it in the SCOOPUDA thread. I could have just as easily missed it.

If that album came out now, I would find out about it from my daily check in at the front page.

Anyway...just wanted to about that its a big...and important thing....

You won't know I dig it unless I say something...

lol. what were you looking for when you found this stuff?

Edit: Nvm. This crap is fun.

I want to get drunk and sing this:

http://joysound.com/ex/utasuki/movie/video/_mid_1929630903_index.htm

http://joysound.com/ex/utasuki/movie/video/_mid_1945773836_index.htm

I got to this website http://joysound.com/ex/utasuki/movie/audition/_auditionno_212_detail.htm

Yeah, it looks like great fun. My favorites so far

You can even do it groups

At any Joysound karaoke venue.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross%E2%8A%BF-auditions-start-today/

(sigh, no-one ever reads the front page anymore - sigh)

I meant where do you find the karaoke booths in Japan. Nevermind, I just searched. "カラオケJoysound" on Google maps. Easy to spot in Japan since they have have signs, In other countries they are incoporated into pubs, bars and restaurants.

Edited by Primus1X

Really happy that there will be new anime; hopefully with some faces from the first series like Misa and Minmay.

I always wanted to know what happened to our heroes when they mysteriously disappeared...

Most likely I'll rewatch all previous Macross titles in order of airing before watching new series.

Really happy that there will be new anime; hopefully with some faces from the first series like Misa and Minmay.

I always wanted to know what happened to our heroes when they mysteriously disappeared...

Most likely I'll rewatch all previous Macross titles in order of airing before watching new series.

You'll probably always wonder, as it should be. ;)

Mysteries add weight to a franchise. Look what happened when Lucas revealed the force is all just a bunch of bugs floating around in everyone's bodies. Kinda gross and also diminished the force itself as an enigma...

Edited by Zinjo