Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

Ok guys, let's satop with this "conspiration-lizard-people-post-apocaliptical-references" and back to normal.

Have some date to new Macross will release?

If there was any more information it would be covered extensively both here and on the front page.

What little we know is already out there.

1)Its coming

2)It has a name, the official reading of which has yet to be announced.

3)There are auditions for singers opening in December.

4)Kawamori has decided how he wants to use music in the show (from a recent interview)

That's it. As such (and if industry rumblings are to be believed) we probably have a fair wait ahead of us yet.

If there was any more information it would be covered extensively both here and on the front page.

What little we know is already out there.

1)Its coming

2)It has a name, the official reading of which has yet to be announced.

3)There are auditions for singers opening in December.

4)Kawamori has decided how he wants to use music in the show (from a recent interview)

That's it. As such (and if industry rumblings are to be believed) we probably have a fair wait ahead of us yet.

This. ^^

I would add history to the industry rumblings. The forums started chatting about Macross Frontier in earnest a full year before the series debuted. If Macross Δ needs at least a year too, then I expect scant news until late summer 2015.

Given point 4, I was thinking about the possibility of an idol triangle. What if Sheryl and Ranka both return in the new series? That could be interesting if everyone in the real world has the time for it. Did Kawamori's interview get that specific about the music?

If for some reason... Kawamori is watching... please.. please have one of the buildings blown up in the next show have a business sign that says "Harmony Gold"

How about a bordel with flashy neon signs named Harmony Gold :D

Yes PLEASE Kawamorisan. Just a little love letter to the Western fans of Macross... :wub:

Edited by Zinjo

makes me wonder what effect durian would have... hahaha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian

Let them all eat durian, durian cake, durian candy, durian gelato, durian rice pudding, durian shakes, and some more durian for good measure! XD

Every time I think of durians, I think of the warning sign on the Singapore MRT, warning passengers not to carry them on the train. The vendors in Chinatown where my wife and I stayed at were saying I would be a brave American to try the Durian pudding. My wife pulled me away!

So this ends my little vision of this series, but on a side note, Kawamorrii-san please make this show more than 25 episodes. 25 episodes is just not enough for me and others to enjoy.

This! I want Macross 7 with much less filler episodes but the same great music...I'd like to see a rock band again rather than just an idol singer.

I think planes that turn into robots are cool.

Agreed!

Hence the apocalyptic lizardmen. In the absence of news, we make our own.

Does the Gorn on my avatar count? :p

Every time I think of durians, I think of the warning sign on the Singapore MRT, warning passengers not to carry them on the train. The vendors in Chinatown where my wife and I stayed at were saying I would be a brave American to try the Durian pudding. My wife pulled me away!

Lol! Smart lady! I've tried a few varieties two to three times each (I'm more curious than anything) but after all that I'll probably never touch one again!

Edited by McFly!!

Delta will be about some up and coming officer who decides the "Jamming Birds" were a great idea and he is in charge of making them pilot as well as sing.

There will be one seasoned Valk pilot (who will somehow still be a teen) who will be assigned their pilot training.

It will end up being a harem with two girls way out front thus keeping the "triangle"

Full name will be

Macross Delta 0048

:D

i just remembered a scene in the 2nd movie where Leon calls Alto, Sheryl, and Ranka something like a lovely triangle, with a triangle painted on the floor of the rooftop as well. i seriously hope that the new series isn't more of the same stuff from frontier...

i just remembered a scene in the 2nd movie where Leon calls Alto, Sheryl, and Ranka something like a lovely triangle, with a triangle painted on the floor of the rooftop as well. i seriously hope that the new series isn't more of the same stuff from frontier...

Remember that Macross Frontier revitalized the Macross name, and made all sorts of things possible, from Yoko Kanno concerts, to Macross magazines and manga, to blu-ray sets, and so on.

So you should hope that it WILL be more of the same stuff!

Remember that Macross Frontier revitalized the Macross name, and made all sorts of things possible, from Yoko Kanno concerts, to Macross magazines and manga, to blu-ray sets, and so on.

I can live with it...

Mo Macross!!

Edited by Zinjo

Good point! Hahaha! I guess I meant that I don't want it to be another installment of the frontier story. New characters (not versions of previous characters), new valks (and enemy valks!), and wicked (initial d meets ace combat ish) dogfighting, please! Edited by McFly!!

I actually think I'd like to see some cameo's from the characters from Macross the Musiculture over ones from Macross 30, if only because Loli's granddaughter was so damn kickass!
Oh course, neither has a snowballs chance in hell of happening, but hey, it's nice to want things.

post-9325-0-72488700-1416398672_thumb.jpg
But its a new series! So out with the old characters and in with the new! :-)

Edited by Tochiro

Good point! Hahaha! I guess I meant that I don't want it to be another installment of the frontier story. New characters (not versions of previous characters), new valks (and enemy valks!), and wicked (initial d meets ace combat ish) dogfighting, please!

New Valks is a given, whether we want them or not. What do you think these shows are for?

New Valks is a given, whether we want them or not. What do you think these shows are for?

Yes there will be new valks, but the question is how many new ones?

It is expensive to create new molds for Mecha. It is easier and more profitable to re-use existing molds of valks which is why I suspect the story will be taking place not that long after Frontier.

Yes there will be new valks, but the question is how many new ones?

It is expensive to create new molds for Mecha. It is easier and more profitable to re-use existing molds of valks which is why I suspect the story will be taking place not that long after Frontier.

But we already know when it's set: 2067.

Sorry, the Frontier disappeared into a black hole. No returning characters.

Heh. That's not the ending that I remember watching. :p

Seriously, though, there were good nudge, nudge and wink, wink moments for veteran Macross fans throughout Frontier. The new series can certainly go its own way, but I'll bubble over with excitement if the writers choose to continue with the cameos and visual easter eggs. I don't need to see old characters reprising roles, but one thing that Macross does well is to create a believable persistent universe.

It is easier and more profitable to re-use existing molds of valks which is why I suspect the story will be taking place not that long after Frontier.

Easier, yes. More profitable? You have to consider market saturation. If you launch a new show with all the same toys, you lose a sale to anyone who already has that toy and isn't willing to buy it again just for the new character paint scheme. The mass market is all about making sweeping changes to the available merchandise with every new iteration of the franchise.

The result is this hilariously meta scene from the original Transformers Movie where they literally kill off the old toyline.

Heh. That's not the ending that I remember watching. :p

I was referencing the final fate of the Megaroad and with it Misa, Hikaru, and Minmay. They disappeared into a black hole so we'd stop bugging Kawamori for more stories about them ;)

Nothing is a sure bet, but I would be surprised if we didn't get a new "skull squadron" of valks. I would also be more than happy if we got a slew of customs like in Macross the Ride. Re-paints and re-molds of macross past.

Easier, yes. More profitable? You have to consider market saturation. If you launch a new show with all the same toys, you lose a sale to anyone who already has that toy and isn't willing to buy it again just for the new character paint scheme. The mass market is all about making sweeping changes to the available merchandise with every new iteration of the franchise.

The result is this hilariously meta scene from the original Transformers Movie where they literally kill off the old toyline.

You have seen Hasegawa products right? They have a minimum of a dozen iterations of the VF-1 kit in 1/72 scale. You change the color and the markings, perhaps a few details here and there and viola a new Valk!

Bandai may not use all the molds from Frontier, but they could easily use most of the parts molds to make a VF-24, or Kawamori could design VF-27, YF-29, YF-30 derivative fighters that would utilize most of the Bandai parts molds with the need to only make a few new ones to produce the new versions.

Keep in mind Bandai is still a major sponsor so they are going to have influence on how many completely new designs are shown. Couple that with the market hungry for idol shows and brand new mecha is not going to be as critically important to the production as in previous shows. The Hero and Villain fighters may be brand new, but I would suspect that will be it.

We'll have to wait and see.

And based on my knowledge, the mass colonisation programme has an indefinite duration, as it could coincide with the 55th anniversary of the Megaroad-01 launch. and what kind of hostile alien race could we expect? We went with the Zentrans, the protodevlins, vajras, and yes...Marduks.

Got any idea what colony ship is going to be, or it's still behind closed doors?

And let's see if we could bring in a Brazilian for the first time in the franchise

Edited by Eaut1994

Do you mean the nationality or the personal grooming practice? Because the latter may be a bit too explicit for the usual demographic.

I salute you sir.

Said comment forced the hot coffee out of my mouth and nostrils and all over my keyboard. No harm done, yet.