Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

Mini news on the new series from last night's talk show with Kawamori and Tenjin at the Macross Tamashii event -- it's definitely going to feature a female singer, but like all previous shows, it's going to be *different*. Kawamori was concerned that after the first show's "twist" that the enemy is defeated with music, fans know what to expect, but a few months ago he had an idea to make it more interesting.

So Kawamori is definitely involved.

Also, they still did not reveal the actual reading of the title. I think it's going to be "Delta" as much as most people here, but they were having a lot of fun keeping us guessing. Tenjin suggested "Macross Reconguista". :p

Nationality, sir. All the way from the beginning, we had the Americans, Europeans, the Japanese...and yes, the Chinese. But nobody from the Southern Hemisphere, unless it's proven opposite of what I said.

Some references from Chile were used in DYRL if I remember correctly...

Mini news on the new series from last night's talk show with Kawamori and Tenjin at the Macross Tamashii event -- it's definitely going to feature a female singer, but like all previous shows, it's going to be *different*. Kawamori was concerned that after the first show's "twist" that the enemy is defeated with music, fans know what to expect, but a few months ago he had an idea to make it more interesting.

So Kawamori is definitely involved.

Also, they still did not reveal the actual reading of the title. I think it's going to be "Delta" as much as most people here, but they were having a lot of fun keeping us guessing. Tenjin suggested "Macross Reconguista". :p

Thanks for the info, Renato! Macross Reconguista?!? Nooooooooo!!!

:p

Loved reading this. Maybe music for the first time in Macross doesn't work at all? LOL.

Nationality, sir. All the way from the beginning, we had the Americans, Europeans, the Japanese...and yes, the Chinese. But nobody from the Southern Hemisphere, unless it's proven opposite of what I said.

I think the moment most of the Earth's surface was blasted away by Golg Boddole Zer, the concept of nationalities pretty much flew out of the window to be honest.

The closest we have is Vanessa, who's from French Guiana which is in South America. Located between 3 and 5 degrees north it's still in the Northern Hemisphere, but just barely.

I think the moment most of the Earth's surface was blasted away by Golg Boddole Zer, the concept of nationalities pretty much flew out of the window to be honest.

Only the Cultural side of "nations" was preserved I think (the monuments in City 7 and Frontier are examples of that)

Macross Δ
Its certainly....a thing!
post-9325-0-05143500-1416785186_thumb.jpg
Technically speaking, this flier and official poster are possibly the first ever Δ merchandise. While the poster doesn't have the Δ logo on it, it is for the idol auditions for the show.

So, won't you sing? WON'T YOU?!?!?!

post-9325-0-87411900-1416785190_thumb.jpg

Gerli, Eaut1994

You guys are talking about the scene in DYRL showing the poster in the Macross City cinema that reads "Il Pleut sur Santiago". That's an actual movie, based on the real life story of the coup d'etat of Salvador Allende's government. Yes, it translates from the French to "It's raining on Santiago", but it's not a weather forecast!

Man, I just thought she was from mainland France! Now we're still wondering how she was when we had the 1998 World Cup (Some may get to say she had a pet rooster: Footix)

Speaking back back about a Brazilian in Macross, perfect if it assumes a pilot's role. Some other role may not fit perfectly. Not even a civilian, or someone from the 'bridge pyramid'

And I'm curious of Shammy's nationality. We knew that Kim is straight from St. Petersburg, Russia. Capt. Global from good ol' Milan! and do I hear that Miss LaSalle is from Portland, OR?

If the timeframe goes past Delta, then the events of Lovers Again are returning to the Canon

What are you guys talking about?

Vanessa is from French Guiana and the others are from where?

Where are you getting these specific places from?

None of these places are mentioned in the Compendium:

While it doesn't outright say that Vanessa is from French Guiana, her birthplace can be figured out if you know enough about geography. It is in the Compendium, but it's listed as France [south America]. Despite being on a totally different continent, French Guiana is considered part of France.

Vanessa's Compendium page: http://macross.anime.net/wiki/Vanessa_Laird

To answer the question on Shammy's nationality, she's from Finland. http://macross.anime.net/wiki/Shammy_Milliome

I don't know, but IMO, Frontier was Birler's attempt to find Minmay, using the Galaxy plot, and Mishima to gain heading.

I think he knew more than he lead on.

Also, did anyone realize what the Delta symbol is in greek? Daedalus

and Delta also means the declination of an object in the equatorial coordinate system
in Astronomy.

Edited by skullmilitia

I'm thinking a probably implemented version of II's enemy Emulators, i.e. an enemy that sings and wins over the percieved "good guys."

Yeah, they can have the main villain as an incredibly annoying guy with a crazy hair fart style cut.... Kamjin with a guitar!

I could totally get behind hating THAT kind of guy... :p

There was something that one may consider a revelation regarding mecha --

As Kawamori was transforming the YF-30 toy, the egg-carton thing popped off. Everyone laughed as if he had broken it, but he said, "no no, it's OK, it's supposed to come off. This missile rack can be replaced with other things", to which Tenjin asked, "such as what other things?" Kawamori then replied with: 「ま、それは今後のネタにつながる」-- Which roughly translated (just because "neta" has little equivalent in English) means "Well, we will have to wait and see", but with a more specific tone. More literally -- "That relates to a future theme".

It might not be the main mecha, but I'm certain that we have not seen the last of the YF-30.

There was something that one may consider a revelation regarding mecha --

As Kawamori was transforming the YF-30 toy, the egg-carton thing popped off. Everyone laughed as if he had broken it, but he said, "no no, it's OK, it's supposed to come off. This missile rack can be replaced with other things", to which Tenjin asked, "such as what other things?" Kawamori then replied with: 「ま、それは今後のネタにつながる」-- Which roughly translated (just because "neta" has little equivalent in English) means "Well, we will have to wait and see", but with a more specific tone. More literally -- "That relates to a future theme".

It might not be the main mecha, but I'm certain that we have not seen the last of the YF-30.

interesting, thanks again! lol @ egg carton thing! XD i kinda have mixed feelings about having interchangeable parts/modules on valks, sounds a bit too much like gundam build fighters...

interesting, thanks again! lol @ egg carton thing! XD i kinda have mixed feelings about having interchangeable parts/modules on valks, sounds a bit too much like gundam build fighters...

Aren't things like FAST packs and armor packs just interchangeable parts and modules?

Aren't things like FAST packs and armor packs just interchangeable parts and modules?

lol yeah! my comment does seem silly in that light. hahaha! i hope that there will be a semblance of 1:1 correspondence, e.g., ozma's armored parts, rather than the generic modules, e.g., gundam build fighters amazing booster/backpack, so that each valk still has some 'individuality'...

If it is only 8 years after Macross Frontier then my guess is that there are going to be some strong tie-ins with Frontier. If it truly is "Macross Delta" then, by going off the name, I bet we probably will see some (possibly somewhat big) changes. Here's hoping the show will be more 'space opera'-ish and less of a music video.

Playing devil's advocate...let's assume it is "Macross Delta" (delta as in change) and we enter through the "scary door" where everything is vastly changed. Kawamori revisists the events of SDF-M where it now takes place in 2067. Both Britai and Exsedol are miclones where Britai is the captain of the SDF-1 and Exsedol is the idol aboard the SDF-1. Lynn Minmay is supreme commander of the Minmay Main Fleet.....