YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

There is still going to be a minuscule variance in every base. I have already printed the base pivots, so nothing saved in not shipping them. I am routing off an averaged amount on the base pivots. It seems to be about .4-.5 ish mm is the ticket. Some fit, and some need a little persuasion. Before attaching the feet, try inserting the base pivots from both sides. One side will be tighter than the other. Same goes for the pegs in the pegged base. Test the holes before you decide which way is "up". If you get yours and you feel that the base pivot isn't as tight as you would like it to be you can use the printed base pivot, or apply an acrylic solvent to the two acrylic pieces. It will bond the 2 pieces of acrylic together for a very solid fit. I would advise against using super glue as I have not tried that yet.

I apologize for the delay. I want to make sure you receive the best product I can currently produce. I am hoping to start shipping out orders on Friday of this week.

I compared the acrylic I had previously ordered to the new ones. The new ones are up to 1mm thicker. This is also affecting the fitment issue.

9uUlHEll.jpg

I just picked up a table router. I think I can fix the base pivot pieces so you don't have to sand/file anything.

Edit: I just heard back from the vendor, who has basically told me "tough luck". I will set up the table router today, and hopefully be able to fix the fitment on the base components.

you are awesome. thanks for going that extra mile. truly truly appreciated!

Respect. Anyone that cares about the quality of their work (whatever that may be) will suffer from some anxiety about how their work is received.

Wishing you a lot of success man.

-b.

Thanks. The lack of control was a problem on this one. I need to find a way to make the production of the components closer to home. I am probably being overly critical, but I'd rather put the best thing out there I can.

Yeti Stands have landed! :) The manuals look like they were made by Ikea :D Havent had a chance to put together (I am at work). The clear base pivot fits loosely on the one I inspected but the 3D printed one is solid and fits snugly so no worries there. Excited to get home and try them out!!

CY what acrylic adhesive would you recommend in case i wanna glue down the acrylic base pivot?

Yeti Stands have landed! :) The manuals look like they were made by Ikea :D Havent had a chance to put together (I am at work). The clear base pivot fits loosely on the one I inspected but the 3D printed one is solid and fits snugly so no worries there. Excited to get home and try them out!!

CY what acrylic adhesive would you recommend in case i wanna glue down the acrylic base pivot?

I have been using this to great effect: http://www.amazon.com/SCIGRIP-10315-Acrylic-Cement-Low-VOC/dp/B003HNFLMY

I received my YetiStands today. Upon opening the box, I my first thought was "Uhhh, why are they brown??" It took me a few seconds to realize that they had brown protective paper adhered to the surface -- presumable to protect against scratching during transit. It peels off easily enough.

I haven't had a chance to assemble them yet, but I did try inserting the base pivots into the slots to see about the fit. I ordered two sets of stand parts. For one set, the clear base pivot was loose enough to slide in without a lot of pressure, but was snug enough that it didn't move around in the slot once seated. For the other set there was a little more wiggle room inside the slot. For both sets, the 3D printed one was very tight -- enough so that I'd probably have to file a little bit of the material off, or use a rubber mallet to tap it it.

Although the 3D printed ones are tighter, I definitely like the look of the acrylic parts. I think the best workaround will be to glue it in. I don't see why you would ever not have the base pivot in the stand anyway, so it's not like you lose any functionality by permanently attaching the pieces.

I just opened the package that the post office dropped off on my front porch. The packaging is superb. The acrylic parts for each stand are bundled together in baggies, so that you get all the clear parts for one stand together in a zippy pouch. You also have packs for your stand adapters and the various adjustment pieces that you will need. Instructions are included too.

My box arrived with my order of four stands. As with SuperSenpai's order half of my acrylic base pivots were very loose when fitting them into the bases. This was so no matter how I oriented them in the slot. The other two acrylic pivot pieces fit better, but will still need glue for a permanent solution if I choose the clear look. However, I really like the look of the 3D printed versions and I may use them on all four stands. The 3D printed versions of this piece are very snug. I fit two of them into two of my bases. They won't be falling out on their own at all. The black color also compliments the other pieces in the kit.

Again, big props to CY for going above and beyond with the base pivots. Having the option to choose between one version and the other is most excellent.

Edited by technoblue

Yeah, I forgot to mention that Yeti has done the fan community a great service with this product. The snafus with the laser cutting aside, this is a quality product and you can tell a lot of care went into the design and packaging. I'm sure there was a lot of headache involved going back and forth with the vendors, testing different solutions, 3D printing the replacement base pivots, etc. I hope that MW folks will show some support and get in on the next run when it happens.

Sounds like so far, so good. Anubis, there is protective paper on both sides of the acrylic pieces. Anyone have trouble with the feet? I hope the 3d printed guide helps.

Yea i just didnt take the bottom layer of paper off so i didnt scratch the acrylic :D

Edited by anubis20

Thank you CY, I got my stands and they are amazing! :D

The clear pivot base fits pretty well, but I want to make sure it is secure so I am going to stop by store that sells acrylic my place to buy some acrylic solvent. I plan to take photos this weekend.

Edited by Saburo

Again, I would advise using an acrylic solvent over a glue. A solvent will literally bond the 2 pieces together as if they are one solid piece.

A suggestion if i may for the beta version and i don't even know if this is possible. Making a notch for the hex bolt to sink in so that it sits in place there is no need to hold it when tightening the hex screw. Would make adjusting of the stand a little easier with one hand :)

Not possible with laser cutting, but something I have already considered for an injection molded product. It would also help with the profile of the arm.