Q-rau

Nightbat

No, I accused of either post whoring or drama-queening, not flaming. There's a difference.
I read yours more in the line of the personal attack area which is why I mentioned you...

You accused me of personally attacking Yamato lover.

Put bold over more in the line of and you have my emphasis.

I didn't explain how it could be post whoring, either. Do I really need to?  I'm not a drama queen... I don't know how they think.  I think it was one or the other, though I didn't consider it could be both... Can you say which it was?

No... because post whoring is easy to explain and gets thrown around alot. But its obvious that you pulled the whole drama-queen comment out of your ass. <_<

Well if it came from anyone's ass it came from A-1's. :lol: His post is where I got the word from (in the context of this thread). ;)

You also failed to explain how shuddering is a mock.

Please.... and answer to this too. <_<

Ok. :)

When I mentioned "mock" I was referring to:

I build models, I paint them... and honestly, customizing toys is not something I do and I feel sorry for those who do it, willingly. Because toys are a pain to paint.

I recognize you were empathizing with those who do it and not mocking them. I apoligize.

And just to end this once and for all.... I did not attack anyone. I made that post in relation to the name, its that simple. Like many posts like that, I expected it to go unnoticed.

And now... lets leave this thread to run its course. :)

Edited by Abombz!!

Do I really need to?  I'm not a drama queen... I don't know how they think.

If I didn't know better.... I would really flame you for this. You are just saying that you accused me of being a drama-queen... when you don't even know what drama-queen is like? :mellow:

And in that line of thought... you have no grounds to accuse me of post whoring. You are not a post whore, you don't know what post whoring is like! :rolleyes:

Heh... you could try. B))

My point was that I wasn't getting into WHY I thought it could be either or (or any combination thereof). It looked more like you were fanning the flames rather than specifically attacking Yamato Lover (or Quad). Do I need to connect any other dots or can you infer how I could possibly think you might be dramaqueen'ing?

As far as post whoring... I don't respond with emoticons and shudders. ;)

And on that note, I'm done with this tangent of the thread in the thread. Last word is yours. Any further replies to you on this will be by PM. :)

uh...you guys got me soooo confused. anyways.

Q-rau. yes must buy and paint green. nuf said

regault (battlepod) if yama yama yamato doesn't make 'em than those toynami guys will, (just hope they don't screw it up, though my MPC max is probably the best valk i have every owned.)

Glaug - officer pod- must have. i hope that (whoever makes is put here) cast kyron as the fig in it. hehehe

Tri-thruster (forgot real name) Now that would be cool to have to. i would make a ace Zen. squadron of

'em. hehe. cool...

anyways, i can't wait for the Q-rau to come out. i know it is expensive, i will pay cause it is cool.

capt. kraimer out.

Hey, if they could get Escaflowne to stand on its little two dragon feet AND not use the tail as a damn third leg, I'll believe the Q-Rau can stand on its own. I'm not sure if I'll have the cash to buy one, but I envy those of you who will.

Damn, people! :blink:

Take a Valium, please! I only mentioned the White Death thing because I thought it looked cool back then it was posted on the old boards. A white Q-Rau, that's all that was supposed to be read into it.

I'm not "Quadrono-In-Disquise" or a "Quad-Knight". Some people on here absolutely HATED that chick (and still do, from the looks of things) and the rest could care less what happened to her (me included). Come on, give it a rest, all of you. As far as I can see, she hasn't even bothered visiting MW in like 7 or 8 months. She's Big West forums' problem now, not ours.

I always read the threads on here and I rarely post on here unless I feel that I have something relevent to add to a thread. And the fact that this $100 Q-Rau doesn't seem to have the ability to stand on its own without assistance from posing stands or clear acrylic display blocks is definitely a non-selling point IMHO. I'm passing on this particular enemy mecha. Just because I had wanted to do a white-colored custom of one of them was never meant to be a call to arms for the MW lynch mobs. :ph34r:

I apologize for getting anyone flamed. :huh:

Ben

Edited by Yamato Lover

Let's wait until we see an actual sample of the FINISHED product before we judge the bloody thing. Please, people. We don't know how much die-cast is in it, if any. We don't know if it is all plastic. We don't know how well it will actually balance. We don't know if it will topple over.

I think Yamato would be daft to release their first enemy mecha and have it unable to support itself. Even if it doesn't, it will likely come with some form of display stand. The Q-rau is a very oddly shaped design, and is naturally top heavy.

Example: Bandai knew their MG Ex-S Gundam wold never stand on it's own, and designed it to be supported by the stand it came with. No one complained, instead were thankful they had a MG Ex-S at all.

If the design of the Q-rau proves too top heavy to reliably balance on it's own, it's likely Yamato planned to release it with the acrylic prop-up shown or something similar in the first place. If so then so be it. Won't deter me a bit if it needs some support, given the nature of the mecha design. Wether that is the case, or if it is stable on it's own, who knows? But Yamato won't just release the thing in a manner we won't be able to display it in.

Bitching about how heavy the Q-rau is won't help anything until we see how it actually comes out in the end. It'a all theory at this point. If you don't like the final product, then DON'T buy it. If you think it's too expensive, then DON'T but it. If you like it DO. I just got put on a list to have a chance to pay $155 for a low-vis if I am lucky. Why, because I want to. This time last year I would have said hell no. I don't like how much the 1/48 valks are, but I eventually bought two because I liked them. Even if they cost twice as much as a 1/60. (1/60 w/ fast packs= 80 bucks, 1/48 w/ fast packs= 200 bucks). Not many of us complained then. In fact we gobbled them up.

All we have seen of the damn thing is the early prototype picture, a painted one from a magazine, and what is on HLJ right now. Probably resin or glued together plastic. It could be a final. We don't know how the joints are, we don't know anything yet really yet, except that it is huge. Even if it is what the final looks like, fine. I think it looks pretty good.

If Yamato charges a 100 bucks for it, that's their right. They are not Takara or Bandai. I haven't seen anyone scoff at how much the Valkyrie resin kits cost, and the good ones of those are though the roof.

All of this is probably one of the exact reasons why we haven't seen a single YF-19 sculpt.

BTW: An all white custom job would look kinda interesting. Not very stealthy, but interesting.

Edited by Anubis

Even if some of us MW-ers are not "customizers", I get the idea that this buxom monstrosity will be disassembled, diagramed and painted & modded by somebody within 1 mo. of it being released...AND to top it all off, their processs will be scanned & posted/linked here for all to see.

It may be Shawn or Graham(bless their souls) or someone with artisitic/creative cohones from Japan, since it appears that most of our N. Americans are ego-fragile, entitlement mentality whine-babies.

Point of my rant is: Who would be against sticking lead or clay in the hollow(highly probable) leg sections of the Q-rau toy to compensate for any tipsiness? The way the 1/60 & 1/48s have been displayed down to the nuts & bolts, I figger it would be easy to put lead shot or BBs in those cavities w/Elmers glue and at least give it a fighting chance? It has been stated before by other authorities on Yamato that they designed & made these toys w/customizers IN mind.

With the resources some of you post up in this forum, I believe ALL the "hard work" is/will be done!

Some might say,"Why do I have to disasemble & ADD stuff to a frick'in $100+ toy to properly enjoy it?"

and I've said it before( in some thread in a galaxy far,far, away),

"Why b*tch & moan about the non-availability of accurate, quality Macross stuff at credit card or cashwad-away reach? Get off your duff and use some of the wealth of modelling information provided on this site by its generous members and build your own Valks, Reg's & Quads if nuth'in Yamato puts out satisfies!

Exercise your brains & hands for permanent satisfaction & not just your(OR YOUR PARENTS!!!) wallets"

I'm in the middle of closing on my first house and looking after a new family and ALL my Macross, R/C and{insert expensive/materialistic indulgent hobby here}...." is on hold, BVR. I get guilty when I buy an R/C plane or aviation magazine I'm so strapped.

I'll have to be satisfied w/the Meltran I married for now & her "top-heaviness", which actually keeps me on my toes ;) . Making hard, quality decisions is keeping my feet on the ground, till I'll be able to tackle balancing out $100 lumps of plastic. Hopefully I won't need any acrylic stands!

{rant off...}

Vesp

Then that makes two of you.  :lol:

Oooh, I've been zinged by MJ. Big surprise there. :lol:

So you are saying you have a problem with Max? Why don't you fabricate some more things to accuse him of? ;)

lol! this is better than TV! :D

i used to come to MW for Macross stuff. now i just come for the entertainment.  :p

Yeah, just look at it as a Springer episode!

LOOK OUT FOR THAT **bleeeeep** CHAIR....DUCK!!!!

:lol::lol:

Will you guys PLEASE quit all this. I keep looking at this thread to see if there's any new news about the Q-rau, instead it's just a bunch of bickering. Thank you.

Here's somes new sorta...Kevin at the valk exchange has them up for preorder @124.99

http://valkyrie-exchange.com/Yamato/yquead...adlunn_rau.html

Now If I'd stop spending my ebay money....

lol! this is better than TV! :D

i used to come to MW for Macross stuff. now i just come for the entertainment.  :p

Yeah, just look at it as a Springer episode!

LOOK OUT FOR THAT **bleeeeep** CHAIR....DUCK!!!!

:lol::lol:

we haven't sunk quite so low. i say we're more Maury Povitch or Jenny Jones.

:p

Will you guys PLEASE quit all this. I keep looking at this thread to see if there's any new news about the Q-rau, instead it's just a bunch of bickering. Thank you.

Dramaque-- ...

Jk. :lol:

Just placed a preorder for 2. One original, one customized. I just want a green one to go with the red. That's all.

what do you mean you want a custom one.

Are you going to customize it by yourself or you found a shop with pre-custumized QRAU?

We have them for pre-order for $124.95 :

Q-Rau Pre-order at Blasto! Toys

I must say I am pleasantly surprised at how these turned out. I wasn't too excited at the prootype pics (not to say I wasn't looking forward to them, I just wasn't super excited). But now to see the finished product, I am definitely happy Yamato decided to make them and this one is beautiful!

[Tarkin] This bickering is pointless. [/Tarkin]

Seriously guys (and gals), enough of the High School theatrics, or I'll be waiting for you in the parking lot after science class. :ph34r:

Anyway, I'm really tempted to get one but I'm afraid I'll have to wait until I see some reviews first. Even with Canada's strengthened dollar the Qua-Rau is one darned expensive non-transforming toy. I'm wondering if I'd be better off waiting for the inevitable VF-0 and SV-51 toys.

this message board needs some moderators...

and I definitely want one of these, if anything just to complete my 1/60 collection.

I've been attempting to collect all the moderators to complete my collection.

Right now I'm using a warm ham sandwich under a carefully hidden cage in a tree.

:p

Either way, I think I'll most likely pass on the Q-Rau, not so much because of the price, but because it's easily my least favorite enemy mecha in Macross. I'll hold out for a Regult.

Then that makes two of you.  :lol:

Oooh, I've been zinged by MJ. Big surprise there. :lol:

Before this goes to pm DA

:huh:You've been zinged?

:rolleyes:

I was dissin the banal "White Death" color scheme...

Now if you were the creator of said scheme, then I can see how my statement could be interpreted as a zing... But you say that you are not, so lets pretend that is true for now and say that you Mr. Yamato Lover(If that IS your real name! :p ) were not the target... :D

If you really want me to zing you though, that can be arranged. B))

Finally...

I don't think that I will be picking this toy up. I mean, if it were cheaper I would consider it. I have better toys to spend my money on... Still though... if it turns out to be the shiznit, I may pick one up.

Oh, and Blaine? Check your tree... the sandwich is gone. :ph34r:

Grr! Who to buy from! Kevin or Will?!

Don't make me choose!!!

Abombz and I were talking about this the other day... You know, really, it's not that bad of a deal. $125 for something that's heads and shoulders bigger than the 1/48, is the only of it's kind (there are no Q-Rau toys of this kind, never have been), and has a figure for heavens sake... There's no way I'm passing this up. Even Abombz said she was picking one up, and while not vocal about it, she hasn't been a huge fan of Yamato.

Count your blessings guys. Not even the "godlike" Bandai has done a Q-Rau.

Vostok 7

Oh, and Blaine? Check your tree... the sandwich is gone.  :ph34r:

Damn... gotta check the trigger on that thing. Maybe next time I'll use Britney Spears as bait. That'll snare you but good! :p

Heh, I'll snatch her before you know it. B))

I'm not gonna be pre-ordering one of these things. But a good review could convince me to get one.... otherwise I'll be waiting to see if prices fall like they did for the VF-1.

As far as customs... if the Max Q-rau is like the Max VF-1 (both 1/60 and 1/48) it will be pretty cheap and will be custom fodder for me... with a suitable female Meltran pilot. :)