2 hours ago, magicsp00n said:

HLJ has some of the HMR in stock in case you missed the pre-order. I just snagged one.

I am VERY tempted to pull the trigger on this one but I can't justify the price tag for a tiny 17 cm tall figure. I'm going back and forth on this one. 

If it's still available tomorrow, I'm afraid I may cave in and get it. It looks great.

1 hour ago, Gabe Q said:

I am VERY tempted to pull the trigger on this one but I can't justify the price tag for a tiny 17 cm tall figure. I'm going back and forth on this one. 

If it's still available tomorrow, I'm afraid I may cave in and get it. It looks great.

I had the same issue. I knew this would be a cool toy, but with the upcoming moderoid, I had to make a choice.  I went with the moderoid due to price and my love for the hobby, but the hmr does look great

8 hours ago, Gabe Q said:

Yeah, I also balked at the price, which is why I didn't pre-order, but I had my old Takatoku one out and the nostalgia came at me strong so I caved.

29 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Just arrived.  It's a big sucker.  Only the Monster and officer's pod are bigger.  Leans closer to a seven inch scaled figure.  A little finicky to pose so far, though.

So, roughly 1/48-1/50 scale...

Height = 8.7m → 342.52" / 7" = 48.9

After fidgeting more the robot mode is the clear winner.  Tank and Gerwalk-like are really fidgety which is unfortunate because I like my planes with legs, fighter mode holds together real well though.

Fans of larger/heavier toys will be happy with this one.

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Does the pilot match up to the Yamato 1/48 or the Bandai DX?

I guess combining this figure with a HMR VF-1 is a no go for the Orguss Valkyrie. :( 

Not necessarily.  The VF-1 in battroid mode is 12.7 meters in height, while the Orgroid is 8.7 meters tall; so, the structural compatibility of the necessary components for a conversion between the two may be more in line with Orguss HM-R and a 1/72 Valkyrie... the chest plate dimensions would be a good indicator of what scales go together.  The Bandai DX would be way too big for the parts to match the line art of the kit-bash cameo.  Someone who has a KitzConcept VF-1 and an Orguss HM-R in hand may be able to post a side by side picture, maybe with a VF-1 HM-R thrown in, for comparison.

Edited by mechaninac

On 7/15/2023 at 5:46 PM, treatment said:

TD-forum-post-Screenshotfrom2023-07-15.jpg.256d4110d70ab8001bd1035c5279994b.jpg

It may be my unfamiliarity with Orguss in general...but the Takatoku still seems to hold its own against the modern toys....at least alot better than the Takatoku 1/55 VF-1 does against the most recent VF-1 releases...

48 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

It may be my unfamiliarity with Orguss in general...but the Takatoku still seems to hold its own against the modern toys....at least alot better than the Takatoku 1/55 VF-1 does against the most recent VF-1 releases...

The Takatoku may not have all the same articulation as the newer Orguss toys but it's a dang fine toy with nice clicky joints and plenty of style. I agree it's still a contender even with the more modern versions.

51 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Maybe parts from a 1/72 Orguss can be kitbashed with a HMR VF-1 to make the Orguss Valkyrie.

I was thinking that it may be easier to wait for the model kit to come out, since it would be cheaper and probably easier to experiment with. There are a good amount of different scale Valkyrie kit’s floating around and it wouldn’t be to heartbreaking if things didn’t work out.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Maybe parts from a 1/72 Orguss can be kitbashed with a HMR VF-1 to make the Orguss Valkyrie.

There's a swappable extension brace the backpack attaches to in various modes. You could probably 3d print one with a wraparound attachpoint for the booster and fit it as needed with a model part, etc.  If I recall the booster is a bit undersized on the Orguss Valk anyway.  A smaller scale VF-1 kit might work fine.

14 hours ago, Big s said:

I think there was an older one, but everything seems to be in here or related threads like hmr or moderoid threads 

Thanks I post some stuff here. Love Orguss but I dislike "Orguss"2. "Orguss"2 has nothing to do with the original Orguss characters we know and love 

8944CC56-9EB6-4914-940A-3667BDD2E7D1.jpeg.fa9a1b3f082a0a651ff77723f2c3afe8.jpeg

After checking the look of the Orguss Valkyrie again, it looks like one can use parts from the HMR Orguss and HMR VF-1 to make a HMR Orguss Valkyrie.  It would take some modifying for parts to connect though.

13 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Not necessarily.  The VF-1 in battroid mode is 12.7 meters in height, while the Orgroid is 8.7 meters tall; so, the structural compatibility of the necessary components for a conversion between the two may be more in line with Orguss HM-R and a 1/72 Valkyrie... the chest plate dimensions would be a good indicator of what scales go together.  The Bandai DX would be way too big for the parts to match the line art of the kit-bash cameo.  Someone who has a KitzConcept VF-1 and an Orguss HM-R in hand may be able to post a side by side picture, maybe with a VF-1 HM-R thrown in, for comparison.

But, if this is considered a 1/48(?). It should work with a DX or a Yamato. But clearly by looking at the pictures the 1/40 Orguss is the better choice.

So it looks like Bandai fiddled with scale too much?

11 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

But, if this is considered a 1/48(?). It should work with a DX or a Yamato. But clearly by looking at the pictures the 1/40 Orguss is the better choice.

So it looks like Bandai fiddled with scale too much?

Don't get hung up on scale.  The overall size and proportions are what would make the components to be swapped compatible between the two mechs.  The "real world" size differences of the VF-1 battroid vs Orgroid is too great for them to jive at the same scale... like trying to exchange parts between a VF-1 and a FV-0 -- impossible -- and those even share the same architecture.

12 hours ago, sh9000 said:

8944CC56-9EB6-4914-940A-3667BDD2E7D1.jpeg.fa9a1b3f082a0a651ff77723f2c3afe8.jpeg

After checking the look of the Orguss Valkyrie again, it looks like one can use parts from the HMR Orguss and HMR VF-1 to make a HMR Orguss Valkyrie.  It would take some modifying for parts to connect though.

I feel like waiting for the moderoid orguss would definitely make for less painful kitbashing. You probably could use the HMRs but your Vf-1 would be a quadriplegic and it wouldn't even transform.

1 hour ago, DownIsUp said:

I feel like waiting for the moderoid orguss would definitely make for less painful kitbashing. You probably could use the HMRs but your Vf-1 would be a quadriplegic and it wouldn't even transform.

I said basically the same thing a bit above. It would be a lot less expensive and probably easier to modify. 
Are there any pictures of it in other modes?

9 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Don't get hung up on scale.  The overall size and proportions are what would make the components to be swapped compatible between the two mechs.  The "real world" size differences of the VF-1 battroid vs Orgroid is too great for them to jive at the same scale... like trying to exchange parts between a VF-1 and a FV-0 -- impossible -- and those even share the same architecture.

Very well aware of this.

I was hoping for an updated version that could be used with either the HMR or DX. But yeah, I concur it’s more about proportions than anything else. 

I somehow know this…there are reasons. ;) 

49 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Very well aware of this.

I was hoping for an updated version that could be used with either the HMR or DX. But yeah, I concur it’s more about proportions than anything else. 

I somehow know this…there are reasons. ;) 

It is all too easy to get tunnel vision with these things, no matter how well versed one happens to be on the subject... the ambiguous anime magic involved and toy manufacturers don't make it easy; it's like one's mind locks into an assumption or some other bit of minutia that it becomes very hard to see the bigger picture.  We all fall prey to this kind of mental short circuit from time to time. :friends:

Just got my HM-R Orguss and here be quick pics...

Bandai's bizarro creepy huge feet-fetish:

bandai-big-feet-fetish.jpg.be5c33e9e53ad03857cf67764d993790.jpg

scaling with various HMRs and others:

hmrs-scaling-1.jpg.2bc6802ea43a91510e77b4455d3348f0.jpg

hmrs-scaling-2.jpg.e28bd8a36ea54e9acd486a06e0d45dbb.jpg

hmr-orguss-scaling-various.jpg.fc37a789e949d4d3cf2c7e6f8e721386.jpg

scaling with a Yammie 1/60 Defender:

hmr-orguss-scaling-yammie-1-60-defender.jpg.ae07acf002a93104384dcb4a3f4789ad.jpg

heads comparo, in case you wanna make an Orguss Valkyrie...:

orguss-valkyrie-hmr-heads.jpg.0f5de0ed494c1b674b71cbea0ba972f7.jpg

Edited by treatment