Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

Quick question, is there any way to tighten up the rotating points on the wings? The right side of both my Ozma and Isamu are nice and tight but the left side doesn't really hold at all. In the case of the Isamu 29 with the super parts on it absolutely won't rotate and hold so I know once the Ozma parts arrive that will be the case as well.

The way I've heard most people doing it is coating the contact points on either the outer edges of the wings, or the sides of the engine nacelles with nailpolish, or glue, or something. I don't know which is easier to coat, but applying to the wing sounds slightly easier than on the engine. I think some people have actually said they just glued the wings in place, since there's really no need for those engines to rotate.

Edited by Chronocidal

The way I've heard most people doing it is coating the contact points on the sides of the engine nacelles with nailpolish, or glue, or something. I think some people have actually said they just glued the wings in place, since there's really no need for those engines to rotate.

Except I disagree with the engines not needing to rotate. It looks very cool in Gerwalk mode that way.

Not to be negative but when I took my Ozma YF-29 for a flight around the living room an intake cover fell off. I have not taken it off ever and I noticed that when I tried to put it back on it easily came off again. It's not like these things are bad but it's a bunch of little things which make this not as good as the other YF-29's.

Not to be negative but when I took my Ozma YF-29 for a flight around the living room an intake cover fell off. I have not taken it off ever and I noticed that when I tried to put it back on it easily came off again. It's not like these things are bad but it's a bunch of little things which make this not as good as the other YF-29's.

Was it the right one? The right intake cover of mine flies out if I look at it sideways.

The intake covers seem fine on mine, fairly secure and don't pop out. I did notice that it takes a bit of finese to get the front landing doors sit flush compared to my other YF-29s. Not sure if it just me, is anyone else noticing this?

Was it the right one? The right intake cover of mine flies out if I look at it sideways.

The intake covers seem fine on mine, fairly secure and don't pop out. I did notice that it takes a bit of finese to get the front landing doors sit flush compared to my other YF-29s. Not sure if it just me, is anyone else noticing this?

The intakes have always been a little finicky on all of my 29's for some reason, the Ozma 29 being no exception. The left has a tendency to pop up if it get's hit/bumped just the right way but 99% of the time it stays into place.

-b.

The intakes have always been a little finicky on all of my 29's for some reason, the Ozma 29 being no exception. The left has a tendency to pop up if it get's hit/bumped just the right way but 99% of the time it stays into place.

-b.

Kaneda,

When you say the left is that the intake cover or the front landing gear door?

Sorry, the intake cover. No issues that I know of with my landing gear doors.

-b.

No problem, I was just wondering what you meant. Thank you for the clarification.

The landing gear door might just be me... No matter I am still very happy with the Ozma 29.

^No worries! Hopefully you get whatever the issues with your landing gear figured out. It's little things like that (pieces not sitting flush, or not aligning properly) that drive me up the wall, so good luck with yours!

-b.

Actually, I've gotten a few VF-25/29s that have had oddball front landing gear doors that don't like to line up well. They can be forced into place, but they don't fit right, and tend to pop open..

I half wonder if it's because they've actually swapped pieces left for right internally. I had that happen on my VF-171CF... The doors are right, but the mounting pieces they attach to? Dingbats installed two left-side hinges, so the door pivots at the wrong angle, and doesn't sit flush. It's not too noticeable, but it's still one of those little things that Bandai seems so completely incapable of getting consistently right.

And I think every one of my Bandai valks has at least one intake cover that will fall out from a stiff breeze. <_<

My left intake cover never went in totally flush until I thinned the tab a bit, now it's nice and seamless like the other one.

Left nosegear door is similar to my -25 Alto's---you can get it to stay put, but you have to fiddle with it and get it JUST right to hold the proper position. Seems to be an inherent issue with the -25 family, as it seems lots of them have "left nosegear door positioning" issues. It also likes to "twist" sideways a bit when opened.

On a semi-related note, I've switched to using black paint instead of lining pens----this release/plastic just repels ink it seems. I think it may be why the foot-paint scrapes easily too. It's the -27 nose-stripe all over again---poor paint adhesion due to slick oily valks...

(having to re-do many areas like 3 times to get the black to actually DRY and adhere is why I haven't finished detailing it yet nor posted any pics)

It took me a sec to figure out what you did. That's pretty cool!

I like the reversed angled up canards and the standard configuration.

I was looking at the wing >.> turns out to be the canards after realising it just like you. I like the reversed ones too. I dont like the one without them

If it was easier to flip around the clicky wingtips on the outside of the wing nacelles, I'd say do that too. You can kind of get an idea of what it would look like by twisting the engines around backwards, but then you've just got the most effective thrust reverser in history. :p

Edited by Chronocidal

My left intake cover never went in totally flush until I thinned the tab a bit, now it's nice and seamless like the other one.

Left nosegear door is similar to my -25 Alto's---you can get it to stay put, but you have to fiddle with it and get it JUST right to hold the proper position. Seems to be an inherent issue with the -25 family, as it seems lots of them have "left nosegear door positioning" issues. It also likes to "twist" sideways a bit when opened.

On a semi-related note, I've switched to using black paint instead of lining pens----this release/plastic just repels ink it seems. I think it may be why the foot-paint scrapes easily too. It's the -27 nose-stripe all over again---poor paint adhesion due to slick oily valks...

(having to re-do many areas like 3 times to get the black to actually DRY and adhere is why I haven't finished detailing it yet nor posted any pics)

Thank you for the info on the front landing gear door David. I went back and checked the other 29s and yes the same "twisting" is occurring with them, but appears to be more pronounced in the Ozma. It was a very minor issue I noticed, not a deal breaker.

Finally got mine, love the color! Which wing configuration you like best?

Going to go against the flow, I like the back-swept, downward-canted canards the best. Pic #3.

Edited by Sildani

thanks for the video, i was at a conference and was watching it in the back of the room when i got bored. nice review.

LOL - I was usually the one boring everyone at meetings/conferences. And when I wasn't I was usually on MS Lync talking to someone I shouldn't about something I shouldn't.

And thanks for the review Veef!

-b.