Strike A Pose! revisted...

dapro

14 hours ago, Lolicon said:

So who thought Ozma was going to die the first time you saw this episode? :lol:

25Sbattroid05.jpg.0fa625ca895e61b96540fbcf52c43d36.jpg

It's been more than 10 years since I watched Frontier series - I had no idea of the significance of Frontier then so went in totally blind. It quickly became apparent in early episodes that it was a big homage to the original Macross, so naturally thought Ozma would die like Roy did in one of the episodes lol. 

6 hours ago, MKT said:

It's been more than 10 years since I watched Frontier series - I had no idea of the significance of Frontier then so went in totally blind. It quickly became apparent in early episodes that it was a big homage to the original Macross, so naturally thought Ozma would die like Roy did in one of the episodes lol. 

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

Yup! I swallowed that bait the 1st time through, hook, line and sinker! :rofl:

And then episode 20 hits, and you realize it was all an elaborate ruse to make you lower your guard.

22 hours ago, MKT said:

Always gotta admire the elaborate yet beautiful color scheme of the SV-262Hs.. Meanwhile, still waiting for the SV-262Ba, Bandai!

SV-262FighterBelowNRMb2-2v4nt.jpg.58b0930fd4b4d45cd7d3050913c6eaa7.jpg

SV-262FighterSideBNRMb2-2v4nt.jpg.639c1a10393d94057af8c898405dd57e.jpg

SV-262FighterQuarterNRMb2-2-NRM3v4nt.jpg.d4eac58bd751db0298e9b62168eef5c0.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Re-process old Battroid pic to be in line with Fighter..

SV-262HsBattroidv5.1NRM2edit2v4nt.jpg.1f5a516cc5fac6aa8f8adebb37c29128.jpg

Looks good. Wish they would give us the white one...

6 hours ago, jvmacross said:

large.20231121_142322.jpg.43c05fea97b1fb

The good thing is the covers are clear enough to show off the inner details quite well. :good: I was always questioning the purpose of Yamato's version which have enough opacity to obscure the details underneath. 

On 11/18/2023 at 9:29 PM, MKT said:

Yammie / Arcadia's Fire Valk have pretty perfect proportions in Battroid. Mine has been in storage since the day I got it, so I'll live vicariously through others' pics. Nice! :good:

You might want to take it out and check the biceps. I opened this just to play with it and discovered both arms with damage at the double joint.

I was able to repair them but it was disappointing to discover this. 

You might want to check.

:( 

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Pretty details. I still don’t understand why Bandai decided not to do this in the first place.

Is Jolly Roger Roundel still swappable? 

Bandai should have went a step further than what Yamato had done by also providing a swappable cover to show the internals of the beam cannon and arm armor...guess we'l have to wait for the Mechanic "Plus" Edition for the 50th...

Yes, they are swappable...

Edited by jvmacross

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

You might want to take it out and check the biceps. I opened this just to play with it and discovered both arms with damage at the double joint.

I was able to repair them but it was disappointing to discover this. 

You might want to check.

:( 

Yikes, seems quite a few cases being reported recently. Sorry to hear this, but good to hear they can be repaired. I'll prolly leave mine in Fighter forever.

14 hours ago, MKT said:

The good thing is the covers are clear enough to show off the inner details quite well. :good: I was always questioning the purpose of Yamato's version which have enough opacity to obscure the details underneath. 

I'd like to see a side by side with the Yamato version. I never owned the clear parts.

51 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I'd like to see a side by side with the Yamato version. I never owned the clear parts.

Never had Yammie clear parts either. Did toy with idea of getting Valkyrie Factory's parts, but they are also similarly too opaque so was never motivated enough to get it.

Meanwhile, let's have a look at the 1/60 Hikaru Strike Valkyrie Semi-Mechanics Edition :p

VF-1AHikaruDYRLANRMb2-2nt.jpg.06a00fc1e889c885bf50ef4cf3c4b243.jpg

VF-1AHikaruDYRLBNRMb2-2v2nt.jpg.b8145331a86bcc444162d317afd39daf.jpg

2 hours ago, MKT said:

Never had Yammie clear parts either. Did toy with idea of getting Valkyrie Factory's parts, but they are also similarly too opaque so was never motivated enough to get it.

Meanwhile, let's have a look at the 1/60 Hikaru Strike Valkyrie Semi-Mechanics Edition :p

VF-1AHikaruDYRLANRMb2-2nt.jpg.06a00fc1e889c885bf50ef4cf3c4b243.jpg

VF-1AHikaruDYRLBNRMb2-2v2nt.jpg.b8145331a86bcc444162d317afd39daf.jpg

Haha nice! :)

9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Although poor Kakizaki never got to finish his steak, I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving and gets to eat as much turkey (or whatever else) you want! 🦃

VF-1AKakizakiDYRL005.jpg.5355550a3a2d1773c583115fc0e40162.jpg

Making a rib roast for later today.

Here’s a vid of one I did two years ago (ignore the caveman grunts):

And another “chicken walker” mode to keep us slightly on topic 😅:

large.gallery_3595_72_100048.jpg.fa76708b4ab47038f71e78de075efbfa.jpg

13 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Although poor Kakizaki never got to finish his steak, I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving and gets to eat as much turkey (or whatever else) you want! 🦃

VF-1AKakizakiDYRL005.jpg.5355550a3a2d1773c583115fc0e40162.jpg

Can't remember my Kaki had the rainbow canopy, but your excellent detailing and posing are very magnificent as always!