Totally Off Topic - But FREAKIN ME OUT

Mechamaniac

Guy's let's not even mention the mods or the legitimacy of this thread again. They've allowed it to stay open, so let's just be happy with that. If you have anything else to say to the mods, there is a feedback area. Though I think it's best to let this go considering that this topic is open.

H

:rolleyes:

Yep, we mods discussed it with Graham and this thread is a Christmas present for you guys. So perhaps it would be beneficial for certain members to remove their feet from their mouths before acting the fool. People love to get on my case when I disagree with them, but ah well such is life.

Hurin; As for your "Exhibit A" thread, I was referring to the fact that animation errors are a common occurence. Especially in the series that we all know and love. I find it quite amusing that you chose to take it personally, and apparently readily at hand. I wonder who has the largest catalogue of my disagreements with them... perhaps there's a website dedicated to me even... like Alpha1's WarZone, except with my picture up there. lol Also, am I not allowed to have an opinion of my own? I am entitled to like and dislike whatever I choose for whatever reasons I choose, just as you are. Additionally in your thread, I made an effort to understand the purpose behind your posting so that perhaps you would be able to make me see things your way. Instead you chose to get upset, that's too bad. What's this banning business also? When has anyone been banned for disagreeing with a mod? Even when someone is being a complete dumbass(demonstrated in other threads), that still does not warrant a banning unless they break the rules. Unfortunately there is no rule against being a dumbass, but I'm working on bribing Shawn... PM me with your thoughts.

Mechamaniac; maybe you should combine all of the messages and presents you have recieved into one post on the first page.

Now I believe we having a moronic discussion about about killing elves who leave candy outside mecha mechanic's door. If we are going to talk about Max Jenius instead of evil elves then does that mean this topic is over and should be closed before xmas is here?

Roy, me and a few others on the first page were just joking about lethal elf control methods, although I'm not quite sure about Agent One's suggestion though, he might have been serious :D .

Hurin; As for your "Exhibit A" thread, I was referring to the fact that animation errors are a common occurence. Especially in the series that we all know and love. I find it quite amusing that you chose to take it personally, and apparently readily at hand. I wonder who has the largest catalogue of my disagreements with them... perhaps there's a website dedicated to me even... like Alpha1's WarZone, except with my picture up there. lol Also, am I not allowed to have an opinion of my own? I am entitled to like and dislike whatever I choose for whatever reasons I choose, just as you are. Additionally in your thread, I made an effort to understand the purpose behind your posting so that perhaps you would be able to make me see things your way. Instead you chose to get upset, that's too bad. What's this banning business also? When has anyone been banned for disagreeing with a mod? Even when someone is being a complete dumbass(demonstrated in other threads), that still does not warrant a banning unless they break the rules. Unfortunately there is no rule against being a dumbass, but I'm working on bribing Shawn... PM me with your thoughts.

While I consider it incredibly lame to respond here --disengenously in my opinion--, then respond even more inappropriately in the Exhibit A thread (and then close it!). . . and then ask me to reply privately(!?!). . . in the interests of not getting this popular thread closed, I've taken my beef over to the Feedback Forum.

Best Regards,

Hurin

Back on (the totally off) topic :lol: .

Per that old meany Max, I have posted all the updates in my first post. :lol:

On to more interesting news.

LAST NIGHT I SAW THE LITTLE BASTARDS!!

Well, that is to say, I saw a hooded figure run up, and drop a package on the porch. I saw this from my upstairs bedroom window,where I had staked out for a little while.

I hollered for my wife to get em, but she was too busy hammering another ten penny marlboro nail into her coffin to bother :angry: .

Tonight, they came before anyone got home.

Tomorrow night, the old Pincer attack. Wife upstairs on lookout, me next to the door, when she sees em, she'll beep me on my Nextel (she has one too) and I will open the door, and invite whomever it is in fora little Christmas cheer.

Literally, I still have little clue as to who it is. The figure I saw last night was neither tall enough to be my business partner, or small and enough to be his wife.

So, I'm just gonna have to catch them red handed.

BTW - Thanks for letting this thread stay open. It really is no longer necessary. My original intent was just to see if anyone had ever experienced anything similar, or partaken in anything similar on the other side of the fence.

Obviously, I am the first to have this happen, but hey, it all seems to be in good Christmas cheer, so hopefully some of us will "pay it forward" and do it next year. I would, but as I said, my blabbermouth wife told every single freaking person we know within a 50 mile radius, so they would all know instantly who was doing it.

Man it's like Christms Eve tonight (Well tomorrow for you). Will MM catch him/her/it..man the suspense. They should make a TV movie about this! Or it would make a great comedy!

Anyway MM please let us faithful viewers know what happens. Maybe you could even get some Quicktime Video shots up? Possible?

Rob MN

PS. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

PSS - Hey Mechamaniac what would really be scary if you catch the person and take off thier hood and it is the guy from the picture you posted in the max thread :ph34r::blink: LOL

Edited by Monkey-N

I hollered for my wife to get em, but she was too busy hammering another ten penny marlboro nail into her coffin to bother .

Gee that's nice. In case it is a wacko killer she can face 'em first.

LOL, well, if I thought there were any danger, I would have just popped the bastard off of my front porch with my .45!

If I can, I will get a recording of the voice tonight.

Mechamaniac did you ever get that recording? If so could you post it as well? It could come in handy for anyone wanting to do this next year. At this point are you even still getting the phone calls?

Oh and if you do catch the person be sure to get the details on the Secret Elves. Is it something he/she did on their own or something bigger then that?

I don't think you should attempt to catch them in the act. I think you ruin the spirit of it all. Enjoy it and let it be. This person doesn't want the attention, obviously, just wants to do a good deed. Just my two cents.

Mechamaniac...just wanted to say thank you for sharing this....I showed the thread to my wife last night and we both laughed our A$(('s off! It's an awesome story, and well composed. Looking forward to the conclusion, (and plotting my own series of Christmas Elf deliveries for next year! )

Since tonight is Christmas eve, hopefuly they will show themselves tonight for the finale. Then everyone can have some cocoa.

Since tonight is Christmas eve, hopefuly they will show themselves tonight for the finale.  Then everyone can have some cocoa.

or some good eggnog..... ;):p

Oh, yeah, eggnog. I need to go buy some. Haven't had any yet this season.

Probably broke out more than just eggnog. :lol:

Don't underestimate the power of a good evil fruit basket.  Sure, it looks pleasant... but it's ability to corrupt the hearts of men is absolute.  There is only one master of the fruit baskets and he wants it.  Each day you feel an all-encompassing urge to take the fruit basket to him, or lest you be hunted down by his fruit-basket minions.

The fruit basket must be destroyed.  In the fires from whence it came.  For the safety of us all.

* goes back and re-read every Blaine23 post in this thread * :lol:

* Blaine23 bows deeply and then wonders why none of his theories have yet been proven true *

Perhaps MM's "hooded figures" (ie- Satanists or freemasons - not much difference, really) proved to be too much a match for him, his guns, and his Missus. Or he's recovering from finding out that the Fruit Basket should never be gotten wet or eaten past midnight and his house is overrun with little evil green fruit basket monsters.

Pop-culture, folks. There's a silly movie answer to everything.

Well, I have updated my first post to show the stuff we got on Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.

We never did catch them. The closest I came was seeing the hooded person dropping a bag on the porch on Tuesday night.

In the end, I decided I didn't really want to catch them, and spoil their fun, plus the fact that with two kids and Christmas dinner to cook, I didn't have the time!

So, this concludes my mystery tour. Sorry I never found out who they were, but I have my suspicions still. I don't know if it would be worth mentioning it to the suspects, it may serve to ruin it for them even after the fact.

So, we intend to take this for what it is, and have decided to pay it forward, and do it to someone else next year. It really does sound like fun to be on the other end of this deal!.

And so the challenge ends.

That really was an inventive Christmas stunt. Who knows, maybe within a few weeks you'll find out who it was. At least someone showed a good christmas spirit.