^^Baby oil, perhaps? :p

Considering how the stakes were upped in this week's episode, I'm impressed they were able to mix in some amusing bits of humor, such as:

• Showing Howard Stark to be an equal opportunity womanizer (poor Jarvis); and
  • Angie's crying bit (loved the WTF? reactions of the boys).

Also, I had a sneaking suspicion about

that Russian prisoner. Gonna have to rewatch that Howling Commandos episode to see if he did that ring fidgeting hypno move on the other Russian prisoner.

Last night's episode was serviceable/average.

Kinda wished Carter had gone full-blown confession a little earlier. . . . especially about the vial.

And geez, Agent Thompson already warned you:

why are you hesitating or even saying anything? Just shoot the bitch!!

Also, although it was a little predictable,

at least, Chief Dooley went out like a boss.

All in all, not a bad mini-series so far.

And in two weeks, we finally get to see what's "shaking" with Agents of SHIELD. ;)

Kudos to ABC and Marvel for lining up and timing this season much, much better.

• 2 weeks later...

Hate to admit it, but I was a little underwhelmed by the season finale.

The episode had its moments.

But a few things just didn't click as well as they should have.

For starters, the Soviet hypnotist guy became a one-trick pony. When he pulled the same damn crap on Stark, that was like the 5th or 6th time we saw the exact same technique used in this very short, 8-episode run.

Yeah, it makes sense from a story standpoint. But it was definitely a letdown, especially after

the "Like an effin' BOSS!" way that Chief Dooley went out, after falling for the same trick.

There's just no way that Howard breaking the proverbial spell would have had the same impact.

The other issue I had was that they just talked about the Battle of Finow and just mentioned the reason why those early season assassins all lost their voiceboxes.

It probably would have served the story a whole hell of a lot better if they just showed the "battle" itself as a flashback. Either show the actual carnage or show the after-effects/end results. During the whole flashback bit, you could show one of those assassins suffocating and needing the emergency tracheotomy.

Plus, it would have given more "meat" and ummph to the Russian hypnotist's reason for revenge.

Looking at the series overall, it does show a lot of promise and potential. Really, the way they scheduled Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter to air during each other's breaks definitely works to each show's advantage. And I wouldn't mind seeing ABC/Disney do a similar thing next season as well.

HOLY CRAP! :blink:

And that my friends is how you kill Hydra.

That was one hell of a cold-blooded, well-executed plan by Coulson.

And who'd a thunk Fitz would become the best at reading everyone, especially after the injury?

• 2 weeks later...

Really wish it had been the Avengers (or Stark) that those two were working for.

And if Coulson sees the Admiral gripping a flashlight, Phil better get the frak out of there.

Really wish it had been the Avengers (or Stark) that those two were working for.

And if Coulson sees the Admiral gripping a flashlight, Phil better get the frak out of there.

Next week on Agents of Shield:

What do you hear Phil?

Guest davidwhangchoi

i'm liking the season so far:

the B.S. about this week's episode, skye's father in the wilconson diner. with those freaks. he cracks a coffee cup, raising his voice like a lunatic no one in the diner reacts or looks over at the booth. Even if normal people starting raising their voice people would look over. when you got these guys with all the equipment on... lol otherwise, it's cool:)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 3 weeks later...

Amusement, shock, and FEELS . . . . what a great episode!

Lot of cool callbacks to Season 1 too.

* Coulson and Hunter are a fun pairing. Too much good banter and quips going back and forth between them.

* DEATHLOK!! That's one hell of a back-up, Coulson. And the guy still has a dry sense of humor ("I can hear you." :lol: )

* Skye's mom is ALIVE?!! :blink: W.T.F.?!

* Just when you think Simmons is going full traitorous bitch on us, she gives Fitz the Toolbox AND packs him his favorite sandwich! :wub: It's an old reference, but it was the absolutely perfect touch for that scene.

• 2 weeks later...

So she gave it to him I did not catch that.

I assumed that she would opt to stay with team Coulson but given how I was burned by thinking Hand=LMD and Grant was working some convoluted triple agent con on HYDRA but ended just being a traitor I bit my tongue.

^^I'm a fan of long hair. But dang, Chloe, those are some over-long locks you're sporting there!

Also, I'm surprised none of you horn-dogs mentioned anything when Chloe was rocking a negligee a few weeks back on AoS.

But getting back to the episode, that was one hell of nice shoot-out scene they pulled off.

Lastly RIP,

The Bus: I'm sure budget and story-practicality were the real reason you went BOOM real good. Doesn't make sense to have those huge sets, if you don't use the Bus all that often during the season. And two, from a story perspective, there's not much use for the Bus, now that they have an established base and a few Quinjets.

And RIP, Bashki: your compliance was rewarded. . . . with the sweet, sweet release of death! :ph34r:

The show ties into the movies. Hehe. Loved it when Coulson dropped the bomb that Fury was still alive and then his conversation with Hill.... Suck on that Adama! Skye showing off why she'll become one of the top Agents of Shield was great. Quake is coming!

The show ties into the movies. Hehe. Loved it when Coulson dropped the bomb that Fury was still alive and then his conversation with Hill.... Suck on that Adama! Skye showing off why she'll become one of the top Agents of Shield was great. Quake is coming!

Yes that whole episode was GOLD!!! Good stuff.

Speaking of gold, I didn't realize THAT'S NOT HER NAME!! used a Sonic the Hedgehog reference to insult Raina.

("I thought her gift was spinning really fast to collect gold rings.")

Edited by Mog

Holy crap, Jiaying! :blink:

I understand wanting to protect her people and all. But DAMMMMMN. . . that was some cold-blooded 'ish right there! Especially after Gonzalez went to all the trouble to find that little necklace.

Really hope someone from SHIELD is smart enough to check Gonzalez's gun for prints.

Also, after a second viewing, I wonder if Jiaying really cares about Calvin or if she just manipulated him to get him away from Afterlife.

Season 2 finale is tonight!

Wonder if they're going to go full cliffhanger tonight? Or do something to similar to what they did last season, where they resolve one storyline but start up a few new ones?