Custom 1/48 CF

Jung

why am I getting this error?

"Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed"

when I try to link to pics from a website? ugh. do I have to go the long way to post pics? argh!

Hi Jung,

If you got that error, it probably means that there was a character in the URL which it wouldn't accept. I can't remember which characters it is, but I know from personal experience, that it doesn't like '&'.

Great custom BTW.

And nice to see you back on MW.

Graham

Fantastic Work!

Q: When you preshaded in black, and sprayed the main colour over, did you spray around the panel lines or did you spray over the whole model and built up more paint in the center of each panel? I assume you spray away from the panel lines towards the centers of the panels.

The preshading makes the panel line look like a shadow is under the brown paint. I love the overall look but don't know the process so thanks for any help.

Yamato should send their prototypes to you for painting before finalizing on production paint schemas. :D

That CF is simply a piece of ART , it´s really beautiful to look at , I don´t know how you did it but this 1/48 emits this ¨ Je ne se quoi¨ feeling (in a good way) it certainly looks amazing.

BTW , did you do something to the pilot figure ? It looks very nice , doesn´t look like the older more crappier figures , it looks like the one from the Hikaru 1S :)

Excelent work!

Edit : damn I should´ve learned more french at school :rolleyes:

Edited by Aegis!

That totally does it for me! Hella nice, Jung. Everything looks absolutely perfect! I love the cf vf-1a and have never seen it look any better than what you got there. I saved the pics you posted but it would be cool to have some in a more wallpaper friendly size.

yeah totally awesome. btw whats cf? pardon my ignorance.

Cannon Fodder. Just like the red shirts in Star Trek, if you'e wearing one, you better make sure your funeral plans are in order.

Just wanted to stare at this again... WOW!

:D

EDIT: Me spellee learn how.

Edited by >EXO<

yeah totally awesome. btw whats cf? pardon my ignorance.

CF is the cannon fodder. Your standard brown version of the valks that is issued to everyone except the stars of the show. You know the brown valks that get plastered in the fight.

BTW Jung, that is very nice. Very nice indeed.

That is beautiful bird you go there. I don't have the guts to toally take mine apart and paint it all from scratch. I will be done with my custom this week but it will look like a MPC next to your beauty. Well I don't think anything can look that bad. But it will not be nearly as good.

Again fantastic work

my god. that is just freakin beautiful!!! Bow down. I wish I had them skillz, I'd be busting out some mad customs if I did. But damn, he not only customized the 1/48 valkyrie, he freakin did the pilot too!! Man, this guy pay attention to detail, and I mean DETAIL!!! GOOD FREAKIN JOB JUNG!!! Please show us some more of your work! :p:D:lol:

the pilot's "scrunched" look really bothered me, so I repositioned the arms.  The left arm on the thrust lever, and the right one grasping the flight stick

Is that the new rubber pilot or the original plastic one ?

I asked the same awhile ago but didn´t get an answer :( , I personally think it looks like the new rubber pilot figures (cause of the helmet).

the pilot's "scrunched" look really bothered me, so I repositioned the arms.  The left arm on the thrust lever, and the right one grasping the flight stick

Is that the new rubber pilot or the original plastic one ?

I asked the same awhile ago but didn´t get an answer :( , I personally think it looks like the new rubber pilot figures (cause of the helmet).

It's the original plastic one. What are the new rubber ones like? I haven't been following the yamato developments, so could someone list the improvements that yamato did with the 1/48s?

Fantastic Work!

Q: When you preshaded in black, and sprayed the main colour over, did you spray around the panel lines or did you spray over the whole model and built up more paint in the center of each panel? I assume you spray away from the panel lines towards the centers of the panels.

The preshading makes the panel line look like a shadow is under the brown paint. I love the overall look but don't know the process so thanks for any help.

Yamato should send their prototypes to you for painting before finalizing on production paint schemas. :D

yeah that's how you do it, just spray the panel lines and the area around it aswell as the edges with flat black. You could also just spray the entire piece black, that's what I did, because it made the brown (khaki actually) darker which I wanted.

When you spray the main colour, spray the middle of the piece and than work your way outwards towards the panel line/edges. Higher concentration of paint at the center and fading out as you work towards the panels/edges.

Nice Custom Jung.

Between, in taking the parts of from the 1/48, did you happen to break any parts? :ph34r:

It's nice to see you back at Macrossworld again. :)

nope, no parts were broken. Although it's a very intricate toy and well engineered, it's still a toy. Far less complicated than a perfect grade gundam kit, so it was relatively easy to take apart and put back together. The good thing was that almost all the pieces had Left or Right labelled on them... :D