Robotech RPG Tactics Kickstarter

logos

It's funny, but I took college classes in injection mould design for my degree, and I'm STILL gobsmacked at the level of detail and intricate design in those sprues. It looks like each sprue will form one complete unit, and to balance all the polymer flow, venting, filling time, cooling time...

Threads like this and Captain America's builds reminds me just how much thought goes on behind the scenes :)

True enough Cory. The G and F modes have me disappointed tho. The B mode will look boring too with what looks like legs that are super strait and one that bends. This questionable work in quality is ok for cheap toys. But since this is for a miniature game these models are terrible. At this point I don't know if I'll keep my pledge or not. I understand that it's a 3d print but the metal demo minis look much better.

OK, still says prototype so are we allowed to complain about the horrible mold lines yet? The post did mention only minor problems...

More pics.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm/posts

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.275820342598529.1073741833.126968547483710&type=1

https://www.facebook.com/NinjaDivision?fref=photo

There's more updates on the RRT ks page and ND FB page. There also taking questions.

Edited by cypherxv

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the PB Backers are over-reacting but I also think PB has made a series of terrible decisions that has exposed them for the amateurs they clearly are. I suddenly have an interest in this project because I passed only to find my brother invested so he could give it to me. He told me at his birthday party "i've been meaning to give this to you as a gift but I think it's going to be delayed forever."

I think the PB Backers are over-reacting but I also think PB has made a series of terrible decisions that has exposed them for the amateurs they clearly are. I suddenly have an interest in this project because I passed only to find my brother invested so he could give it to me. He told me at his birthday party "i've been meaning to give this to you as a gift but I think it's going to be delayed forever."

Pretty much agreed. Although in fairness in one update Kevin did promise backers their toys before any retail sales, which this is. You need a retail license to peddle at GC.

I called this way back. Palladium + HG = slow to non existent product. So crappy.

Nah. This is all on Palladium. They should have tested the workflow for this project when they started.

Welcome to the joys of international business. Situations like that are why my factory can survive on this side of the world; when our customers need their product NOW and not in three weeks.

As for the Gen Con crap, I couldn't care less. Just send me my damn minis when you get them. I've waiting this long, another few weeks isn't going to kill me.

Welcome to the joys of international business. Situations like that are why my factory can survive on this side of the world; when our customers need their product NOW and not in three weeks.

As for the Gen Con crap, I couldn't care less. Just send me my damn minis when you get them. I've waiting this long, another few weeks isn't going to kill me.

The point about them selling at Gen Con before some people get them is actually breaking one of the initial Kickstarter promises. That backers would receive their stuff early as part of the benefit of backing. Now, backers just paid to get it "eventually." Delays didn't bother as I knew who we were dealing with but I do feel this is absolutely wrong.

Now now, there's always that slight chance that the shipment could get stuck on a boat in China and no one gets anything for Gen Con. It wouldn't be the first time.

Well they do say karma's a...

Even Kevin's ex old lady thinks RRT exist because of Kevin and not inspite of him.

(("However the stuff that the ks people are receiving is above and beyond anything that the folks that buy the game at gen con will get. The people that pledged through the kickstarter didn't buy anything more than a product, they bought it in advance and from what I can see are getting more than their money's worth, but they aren't stockholders, they're just consumers. The product is Kevin's blood, sweat and tears, without him and Palladium this product doesn't get made. Most books are not paid for completely out of Palladium's pockets, thats why you have investors and backers for the company, they've used this method of funding projects since the very beginning."))

So it's not like the backers had anything to do with it. Kevin did all the rules writing, model designs, and he came up with 1.4m.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to agree 100% here. If it gets a few people to buy stuff at GenCon and spread the word that something else may get released later (mmmm Ajax choppahs) then I'm all for it. What difference is a few weeks really going to be at this point? Dunno how I'm going to paint all these though....wife's going to be mad when i take over the deck to kit these up.

What the update left out that was in Kevin's murmur concerning wave two. Apperantly Kevin has a persecution complex.

"Considering how we are jumped on and ridiculed every time a projected release date is offered and then pushed back, or we face a delay, we are not committing to any specific release date for Wave Two until we have a fairly solid and realistic one from the manufacturing end of things.

That said, Wayne and Jeff had a conference call with our development partners, Ninja Division, to discuss Wave Two just Tuesday. We have, of course, never stopped making plans for the release of Wave Two items, as well as discussing ideas for future releases of Robotech® RPG Tactics™ products. The possibilities for the future of this game line are nothing short of fantastic and exciting as all get out.

Right now, the manufacturer and Palladium Books are very much focused on finishing the manufacturing of Wave One products and getting them shipped to the USA. Then we will be focused on the massive shipping operation to get product shipped to our 5,000+ Kickstarter backers (we estimate that will be something like 7,000-10,000 packages!) and then to our distributors.

I’m dying for the Monster, myself (it is gorgeous and one of my all-time favorite mecha). And the Zentraedi foot soldiers. And the YF-4. And the Jotun, and . . . well, everything! It’s all coming."

As before - I'm happy to see the game made, and I don't have any problem with the components or delays. I also voted that they should sell some at GenCon - which would be for marketing value. I'm cool with that.

When mine finally shows up, they'll sit around for another year before I have time to built, paint & play with 'em! :p