!The Panic thread! *buying frenzy*

skullmilitia

My recent order from HKC just cleared customs in New York yesterday. Soon I'll get to enjoy, or regret, the fruits of my impulse buy, but at least I'll be able to check off the VF-19S and VF-17S from my list of to-get items that are rapidly becoming scarce. Now, the only two that I'd like to purchase to close out my Yamato Macross collection are the VF-1A CF TV version and the VF-22S Max; after that, aside from Bandai's Frontier DXs, I can comfortably say that I'm done... until and if Arcadia steps into the vaccum Yamato is leaving in its wake.

My recent order from HKC just cleared customs in New York yesterday. Soon I'll get to enjoy, or regret, the fruits of my impulse buy, but at least I'll be able to check off the VF-19S and VF-17S from my list of to-get items that are rapidly becoming scarce. Now, the only two that I'd like to purchase to close out my Yamato Macross collection are the VF-1A CF TV version and the VF-22S Max; after that, aside from Bandai's Frontier DXs, I can comfortably say that I'm done... until and if Arcadia steps into the vaccum Yamato is leaving in its wake.

IIRC, a member has the Max VF-22S up for grabs in the "For Sale" section...

So I'm sitting here staring at my two fockers; the vf-1s dyrl and the vf-1s tv version that arrived today and I gotta say I'm not a fan of the super white plastic of the tv version. It seems "unnatural" for lack of a better word. My vf-1s Hikaru with option parts comes tomorrow and hope it isn't white like this.

So I'm sitting here staring at my two fockers; the vf-1s dyrl and the vf-1s tv version that arrived today and I gotta say I'm not a fan of the super white plastic of the tv version. It seems "unnatural" for lack of a better word. My vf-1s Hikaru with option parts comes tomorrow and hope it isn't white like this.

Can you post a picture of both side by side? I am curious how off is it.

Dang, I haven't compare my vf-1j with my dyrl ones yet. The movie version doesn't even look white, more gray.

Edited by dapro

All T.V. versions (VF-1J, and S) are bright white. All DYRL valks are the off white color. Do you have a picture of the box for the Hikaru S with option parts???

the hikaru 1s w/ option parts comes tomorrow. ill post a pic of the box and one with it next to the dyrl 1s and the tv 1s

The same doesn't hold true for 1/48 though where the TV versions are actually yellower than DYRL as I found out recently comparing a 1/48 VF-1J with a 1/48 Roy.

Got the shipping confirmation today for my panic buy from HKC. I was a little worried for a minute, but everything shipped.

Now the only valk I still need is a DYRL Focker. Got the TV version, but not exactly alike as the recent posts show.

I really wish Yamato had released the VF-1A Alaska Base before going down for the count. The green would have been such a nice addition to the TV display.

All T.V. versions (VF-1J, and S) are bright white. All DYRL valks are the off white color. Do you have a picture of the box for the Hikaru S with option parts???

20130328_115010_HDR.jpg

Holy crap, HKC has the VF-1S Hikaru 30th with option parts back on pre-order for 115!

I bought one, hope it becomes reality!!

How does pre-order work? At angloz they have stop pre-order for the vf-1s 30th

at HKC you just put a deposit, usually 13 USD, and then pay the rest when it hit's stock.

What if they never have it in stock since yamato is closing down? You lose the deposit?

Holy crap, HKC has the VF-1S Hikaru 30th with option parts back on pre-order for 115!

I bought one, hope it becomes reality!!

That's an awesome price. although I don't get how they can have pre-orders from a dead company. kinda weird since they cancelled my order for the vf1s hikaru 2 weeks ago

That's an awesome price. although I don't get how they can have pre-orders from a dead company. kinda weird since they cancelled my order for the vf1s hikaru 2 weeks ago

What color is your option parts for the 30th vf-1s?