Disney Buys Lucasfilm

Old_Nash

I would like whoever is directing to move away from the campy and slightly goofy droid happy elements of Star Wars (i.e. Ewoks, Jar-Jar, cute R2 units, etc.)

A dark and cerebral Christopher Nolan SW film would just be incredibly awesome. Perhaps a very character-focused tale of Jedi and Sith by Ang Lee.

I would like whoever is directing to move away from the campy and slightly goofy droid happy elements of Star Wars (i.e. Ewoks, Jar-Jar, cute R2 units, etc.)

^This

It seems like movies today are despereately marketed towards the entire possible audience, from kids to adults, and for nothing more than higher profits and a few cheap laughs. A perfect example is the Transformers series of films. I had hoped for something much darker to capture the terror and sheer state of panic that would accompany giant alien robots suddenly batteling it out on earth. They nailed it in that first scene with Blackout, but it all went down hill from there.

Edited by LOW_ALT

It seems like movies today are despereately marketed towards the entire possible audience, from kids to adults, and for nothing more than higher profits and a few cheap laughs. A perfect example is the Transformers series of films. I had hoped for something much darker to capture the terror and sheer state of panic that would accompany giant alien robots suddenly batteling it out on earth. They nailed it in that first scene with Blackout, but it all went down hill from there.

But which group has more money. The fans or the general public.

How dark can Star Wars go?

If it's directly under the Disney banner than the answer is not very much.

Has Mirrormax or Touchstone ever had an M15+ on their movies?

And what about any M15+ etc.. adult content TV , has that ever been handled indirectly by a Disney owned production?

How dark can Star Wars go?

If it's directly under the Disney banner than the answer is not very much.

Has Mirrormax or Touchstone ever had an M15+ on their movies?

And what about any M15+ etc.. adult content TV , has that ever been handled indirectly by a Disney owned production?

You mean Miramax? LOL, yes they have. Seriously, can you people not handle simple Internet searches? Besides, when has a Star Wars movie even been rated higher than PG13? WTF are you people looking for?

Again, I can't believe we're still having this conversation...

You mean Miramax? LOL, yes they have. Seriously, can you people not handle simple Internet searches? Besides, when has a Star Wars movie even been rated higher than PG13? WTF are you people looking for?

Again, I can't believe we're still having this conversation...

Duke it's a bunch of whiney fan boys who won't be satisfied until it comes out, and even then they will find something to bitch about. People calm down, take your pills and just wait until we get some real information on what the movie will be about, who is writing it, directing, and starring.

That's ignorant. Disney has shown with recent Marvel and Tron projects that this is no worry at all.

Apologies for the late reply, I've been busy............had to see a man about a horse.....or was it a pony? Haha!

Which part of my post was ignorant? The comment of Goofy being under the Vader helmet? Because that was a joke. Or was it that Vader should be portrayed in a violent, R-rated horror movie that displays his true evil? Up until the release of the un-holy prequel trilogy, all we've had to go on is our imagination on how or why Vader is evil. So now we know that he slaughtered a village of sand people and sliced up a couple of Younglings, but those scenes were way too brief. I dunno, maybe I'm just desensitized, but from the three films, all I got from them was that he came across as a whiny fop that couldn't stop moaning about Padamame, or Panda bear or whatever the hell her name was. I guess I just need to be shocked or horrified with his actions to believe he's evil.

That being said, I don't think that will ever happen.

Edited by peter

Apologies for the late reply, I've been busy............had to see a man about a horse.....or was it a pony? Haha!

Which part of my post was ignorant? The comment of Goofy being under the Vader helmet? Because that was a joke. Or was it that Vader should be portrayed in a violent, R-rated horror movie that displays his true evil? Up until the release of the un-holy prequel trilogy, all we've had to go on is our imagination on how or why Vader is evil. So now we know that he slaughtered a village of sand people and sliced up a couple of Younglings, but those scenes were way too brief. I dunno, maybe I'm just desensitized, but from the three films, all I got from them was that he came across as a whiny fop that couldn't stop moaning about Padamame, or Panda bear or whatever the hell her name was. I guess I just need to be shocked or horrified with his actions to believe he's evil.

That being said, I don't think that will ever happen.

It was the part where you were spewing ignorant B.S. about Disney kidifying all they touch, throwing Mickey and Donald in, etc. You rmicro-rant about a Vader horror movie wasn't much more than an ignorable fan-wank idea.

It was the part where you were spewing ignorant B.S. about Disney kidifying all they touch, throwing Mickey and Donald in, etc. You rmicro-rant about a Vader horror movie wasn't much more than an ignorable fan-wank idea.

Fan-wank, haha, that pretty much applies to the majority of thoughts of sci-fi/anime fans, no? "In this scene, wouldn't it have been cool if, or it should have happened this way, what if this happened instead of that?" The biggest apeal to the world of nerd/otaku/fandonm is imagination - which is limitless. You've got fans that are happy the way things are delivered to us, exactlly the way they are (even Robotech Fans), and you've got fans that wish they could have re-written an entire series. That's why we're all here right? I mean, if we were all content with our favourite anime/sci-fi series with exactly the way they were, there would be nothing to really left for us to discuss here except "I liked it, it was perfect". Wouldn't that be a bit boring if everyone came here and said the same thing? Saying that my statement, what I thought would be cool, was actually just "spewing ignorant BS" is merely name-calling, and a little childish. Just because I didn't say something you would have liked to hear, you call it ignorant B.S.

You should have heard my "fan-wank" when I first saw M7 "What if Basara was killed right in the beginning, how great the series would have been". Just because my ideas differ from yours, doesn't mean it's ignorant BS, it's just a different perspective. I don't say that you're wrong for wishing that Vader be a peace-loving, pot smoking hippie that preferrs to sing his enemies to death, it's your perspective. I don't put a label on your opionion and say it's ignorant or it's B.S.

Vader's supposed to be evil right and I didn't really get that from episode I-III, nor do I have hopes that I will with any new films out under the Disney banner. It would be nice to see Vader portrayed as truly evil, but I doubt it's going to happen.

But if this is your cup of tea......

Mickey-Mouse-Darth-Vader.jpg

.....then great, power to you man.....flower power, like, groovy man.

58341_538278212868303_1127523955_n.jpeg

Edited by peter

Fan-wank, haha, that pretty much applies to the majority of thoughts of sci-fi/anime fans, no? "In this scene, wouldn't it have been cool if, or it should have happened this way, what if this happened instead of that?" The biggest apeal to the world of nerd/otaku/fandonm is imagination - which is limitless. You've got fans that are happy the way things are delivered to us, exactlly the way they are (even Robotech Fans), and you've got fans that wish they could have re-written an entire series. That's why we're all here right? I mean, if we were all content with our favourite anime/sci-fi series with exactly the way they were, there would be nothing to really left for us to discuss here except "I liked it, it was perfect". Wouldn't that be a bit boring if everyone came here and said the same thing? Saying that my statement, what I thought would be cool, was actually just "spewing ignorant BS" is merely name-calling, and a little childish. Just because I didn't say something you would have liked to hear, you call it ignorant B.S.

You should have heard my "fan-wank" when I first saw M7 "What if Basara was killed right in the beginning, how great the series would have been". Just because my ideas differ from yours, doesn't mean it's ignorant BS, it's just a different perspective. I don't say that you're wrong for wishing that Vader be a peace-loving, pot smoking hippie that preferrs to sing his enemies to death, it's your perspective. I don't put a label on your opionion and say it's ignorant or it's B.S.

Vader's supposed to be evil right and I didn't really get that from episode I-III, nor do I have hopes that I will with any new films out under the Disney banner. It would be nice to see Vader portrayed as truly evil, but I doubt it's going to happen.

But if this is your cup of tea......

Mickey-Mouse-Darth-Vader.jpg

.....then great, power to you man.....flower power, like, groovy man.

58341_538278212868303_1127523955_n.jpeg

Absolutely true. Some fans know so much better than the original writers of fiction that they write slash fiction to fill in the gaps. A wonderful bunch of people, superfans.....

:::yawn::: "...Vader was supposed to be evil.."

Actually, Vader was supposed tobe a fallen Jedi, and that's exactly what we got. As for the rest, try a little less rage in your cereal.

Edited by Keith

:::yawn::: "...Vader was supposed to be evil.."

Actually, Vader was supposed tobe a fallen Jedi, and that's exactly what we got. As for the rest, try a little less rage in your cereal.

Try a little less weed in yours