Disney Buys Lucasfilm

Old_Nash

If Disney were smart , and want Vader to remain in the franchise, do a tv series directly after ROTS and showcase this jedi killer that he was supposed to be.

Bringing back Vader (without Lucas writing) could not be any worse than the prequals.

As a cloned Anikin may be OK.

No Hayden!!!!

It's TV ...hoping disney would in this case cast another actor for the role, I'd like to see the Vader series start at the end of ROTS, in the scene where Anikin is on the table getting fitted new arms and legs and go from there in a 2 hr episode 1 series debut!!!

Plus from then on in any old stuntman can be vader.

Obviously, this isn't 100%, but I'd say we have our director:

RUMOR: Matthew Vaughn To Direct Star Wars Episode VII

"Me and [Matthew Vaughn] have done nine films together so I'm sure I'll get the call for Star Wars. But I'm sure it's going to be, 'Flemyng, no...I know on paper it doesn't look like much but I promise you it's essential to the part.' So we'll see what happens with that."

He pretty much gives it away at the 1:30 mark.

Edited by Duke Togo

• 4 weeks later...

For those of you wondering about Dark Horse's comic license, here ya go:

Star Wars Comics Come Back To Marvel

The Suits in the know have determined that no new contracts will be given to Dark Horse after the current ones expire. So all new projects after 2013 will be handled internally by Marvel.

It’s not known yet if titles will be worked into the regular line up, or will Marvel create a special branch of the company that deals with Star Wars. It’ll take a couple of years for the old deals to work there course, but the stories that Dark Horse have coming down the pipeline will be the last. And you can expect anything new from Marvel dealing with Star Wars to arrive around 2015.

I was just reading about this from our friends at GeekExchange (that did a write up on this years MacrossWorld Con).

At this year’s New York Comic-Con, Brian Wood announced that he’d be writing a new Star Wars ongoing series set immediately after the original trilogy. He stressed that his books would ignore the prequels altogether...

Read more: http://www.geekexchange.com/dark-horse-comics-to-lose-star-wars-license-in-2013-30213.html#ixzz2Fhp7Dzku

If I were them I'd go out with a bang/giant middle finger to disney and lucasarts by doing some really screwed up and offensive things with the license while they had it.

Right, because that would gain them a ton of respect within the industry and with other companies looking to license their properties,

Right, because that would gain them a ton of respect within the industry and with other companies looking to license their properties,

And if their license does not require approval before they publish anything I would be surprised. (normally approval would be carte blanche but if they tried something offensive...)

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I think one of the best ways they can make Star Wars relevant again is to cast a female as the lead in the new films. It's time. Popular culture is at the cusp of a new renaissiance for female actors and heroic leads. I'd love to see Star Wars as one of those properties leading the charge. I hope Kennedy is thinking the same thing.

I approve this message! Except anime and movies like Alien are way ahead of that game. Star Wars, for a groundbreaking property has somehow stuffed their liberated and self-sufficient female character type into one female per generation... and they just happen to be related. I mean there's no need to send a message, just round out the cast.

Well, looks like the "possibility" of a female lead is being at least considered.

http://www.slashfilm...ad/#more-154868

I hope we hear more about this.

If Disney were smart , and want Vader to remain in the franchise, do a tv series directly after ROTS and showcase this jedi killer that he was supposed to be. Bringing back Vader (without Lucas writing) could not be any worse than the prequals. As a cloned Anikin may be OK.

There's no possible way with Disney calling the shots. It will be a children's show and when Vader is having a lightsaber duel with Donald and at the end, when they come to a draw, he takes off his mask, it will reveal Goofy grinning back at you.

The evil of Darth Vader should have been portrayed in an R-rated horror movie, but it's just not going to happen.

There's no possible way with Disney calling the shots. It will be a children's show and when Vader is having a lightsaber duel with Donald and at the end, when they come to a draw, he takes off his mask, it will reveal Goofy grinning back at you.

The evil of Darth Vader should have been portrayed in an R-rated horror movie, but it's just not going to happen.

That's ignorant. Disney has shown with recent Marvel and Tron projects that this is no worry at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Zack Snyder Is Developing a Star Wars Film Outside the New Trilogy

Back in November, the Los Angeles Times reported that Man of Steel and 300 director Zack Snyder said he had no interest in directing the hotly anticipated seventh Star Wars film. But Vulture has learned that while this may be specifically true — he won’t be doing Episode VII — it was a bit of misdirection: He is in fact developing a Star Wars project for Lucasfilm that is set within the series’ galaxy, though parallel to the next trilogy. It will be an as-yet-untitled Jedi epic loosely based on Akira Kurosawa’s 1954 classic Seven Samurai, with the ronin and katana being replaced by the Force-wielding knights and their iconic lightsabers.

"Zack Snyder has come out DENYING any involvement in this. His press person told HOLLYWOOD REPORTER: While he is super flattered because he is a huge fan, Zack is not involved in any way with the new Star Wars. He is currently in post on his two films, Man of Steel and 300: Battle of Artemisia.”

Oh yeah, forgot to mention this: Lucas' yes-man Rick McCallum has left Lucasfilm. Praise be.

im ignorant of who this man is, in SW lore? who is he?

I cannot believe some of you guys actually think this could be a good thing. Haven´t you seen the latest marvel animated shows on disney channel?

Right, because Disney is a single monolithic entity where everything is handled by the same people.

I'm definitely ambivalent about it. I'm cautiously optimistic to see Episode VII. I figured Lucas would do it anyway in another 10 years or so...

I cannot believe some of you guys actually think this could be a good thing. Haven´t you seen the latest marvel animated shows on disney channel?

My son and I really enjoyed both seasons of 'The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes'.

Graham

Question, why are you watching cartoons on the disney channel? They are intended for a child audience, not adult, so what did you expect?

What gives me some hope for the future of star wars is the Marvel movies, they are under the disney banner and have been very good for the most part, so if they get the right crew on it, it could be great. Think the Avengers people, thing Joss Whedon writing and directing star wars, that could be a great thing.