DX Chogokin RVF-25 Renewal Version

IXTL

HLJ limit oner per customer as well which could be the reason for it staying up long. How does HLJ work? If I ordered one previously and got it sent out already, will they allow for another one to be ordered?

With Amiami, they say they will not allow it as it's one per household including past orders.

Edited by Valk-1S

HLJ limit oner per customer as well which could be the reason for it staying up long. How does HLJ work? If I ordered one previously and got it sent out already, will they allow for another one to be ordered?

With Amiami, they say they will not allow it as it's one per household including past orders.

Yup as long as u paid for it and received it already u can get another one... I got 2 vf-4g that way

Yup as long as u paid for it and received it already u can get another one... I got 2 vf-4g that way

That's good to hear. I was thinking of getting another one with HLJ. Then Hobby Search open their orders so went and got another one with Hobby Search instead.

Got a reply from NY and said my order will be shipped today. Will wait for confirmation.

I will most likely keep my other orders with them as I don't want NY to go out of business as they provide services like providing Tamashi exclusive parts with a decent markup.

Edited by Valk-1S

You get points as well with Hobby Search that you can use for future orders. I guess if you use SAL, then you will save more with Hobby Search given both HLJ and Hobby Search shipping cost for SAL are the same.

I've noticed the websites that give me points are the ones I most rarely shop with. I've a point balance with them of maybe 120 from ordering a couple transformers deluxes about a year ago and I don't even know what my account name/password is any more.

I should be more insistent. :huh: Well, they shipped my order today, so I have no complaints now.

Glad for people who managed to make a more reasonable deal. Cheers guys!

Good news, they got back to me right before they closed and said that if I want to cancel my order they will.

You know what the sad thing is? After all that, I'm planing on putting in a preorder for some Robot Damashii's as soon as my account shows this order as canceled. At the end of the day NY is still a better option than most other sites for getting web exclusives.

I've noticed the websites that give me points are the ones I most rarely shop with. I've a point balance with them of maybe 120 from ordering a couple transformers deluxes about a year ago and I don't even know what my account name/password is any more.

Yeah same here as well as normally I will order from HLJ. But with the shortages of the DX line, you order wherever you can get it at retail or below. Sometimes, been lucky to get it from other places, and I had some points with Hobby Search when I got the VF-25G from them.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Looks like HLJ is out.

now i have three, hlj, hobby search and one from a proxy coming in. What did i Do??????

Reading these threads i understand that getting valks cheaper is nice and all, but cancelling on preorders at invoice time or even after you've paid leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I think NY is going to do non-refundables from now on if this kind of abuse keeps up.

Edited by Duymon

Reading these threads i understand that getting valks cheaper is nice and all, but cancelling on preorders at invoice time or even after you've paid leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I think NY is going to do non-refundables from now on if this kind of abuse keeps up.

Yeah, I'm getting that feeling too. I'm just glad NY allowed me to get some sleep and get my toy too - that, I'm willing to pay an extra $20 bucks or so for. Worst, NY might just throw up their hands and people on the other side of the pond loses this opportunity. My "marked up" RVF-25 shipped today - woohoo!

Which may not be a bad thing. As NY demands no deposit, everyone makes a preorder. A product sells out immediately at the starting price. The price gets stacked up afterwards.

Many people cancel their orders afterwards, which may cause some costs to NY. But the inflated price offsets it more or less.

If they ask for a deposit, the people who are willing to pay upfront may acquire the toy at a cheaper price, or at the very least, easier.

The VF-25F is a reissue so I doubt they will release as many units as the initial release.

Oh has this been the case? Reissue QTYs in less numbers than the initial offering?

I'm assuming the VF-27 v1.5 is the "initial offering" so we should be good in stock QTYs for that release as well.

I think websites like NY are on the other hand not that affected by these cancelations and are quite busy selling everything else in the kitchen sink, other than just dx chogokins. I'm pretty sure it's not such a big deal to them. Eventually they always end up selling and getting rid of their stock. Bandai's aren't the only popular collectible out there and I think it's only a small fraction of their immense inventory. They should be aware of the competition and market that is out there and not take big risks so as to come out loosing if they had to lower the price on over stock. Meaning..... I'm sure this isn't their first rodeo.. Lol

Guest davidwhangchoi

sorry, not to say i normally wouldn't agree with you, as i don't think you should cancel pre-orders during invoice time just to fish for a better deal, it's not just about finding it cheaper and then being flaky. no one said that.

but when a place which takes orders at a significant mark up (scalping) and doesn't ship out in the orders taken, i would cancel period if i paid early and paid extra for fast shipping and hear those who ordered late has theirs ship out first.

as some have pre-ordered very early and paid a higher price for express shipping. i simply said you can contact customer service and cancel your order and i would do so in a heartbeat.

Nippon Yasan has a history of being inconsistent with priority of shipping out orders. And people have complained about this in the past on their facebook page and NY apologizes usually offering to compensate for lost time in shipping charges or offers a full refund.

For those that have it, can you install the gunpod in between the arms in fightermode just like the other renewal VF-25's (while tailfin is off)? Or do you always have to use the attachments?

Sorry just itching to know. I'd prefer to keep the attachments in the box so I don't lose them like I do with the extra hands.

Any reviews in the making coming up?

I'll have a video one done ASAP.

I reviewed the F, S, and G on my YouTube channel already.

Edited by UN Spacy

Oh has this been the case? Reissue QTYs in less numbers than the initial offering?

I'm assuming the VF-27 v1.5 is the "initial offering" so we should be good in stock QTYs for that release as well.

That's what happened with the YF-29 30th Anniversary reissue that came out in March.

For those that have it, can you install the gunpod in between the arms in fightermode just like the other renewal VF-25's (while tailfin is off)? Or do you always have to use the attachments?

Sorry just itching to know. I'd prefer to keep the attachments in the box so I don't lose them like I do with the extra hands.

Nevermind, according to this picture, looks like you can attach the gunpod without the attachments.

RIMG9381.JPG