DX Chogokin RVF-25 Renewal Version

IXTL

Very nice! I admit that I like the darker green though. At least the color on the V1 is nice even though the rest of it is a stinker. :D

Which color? it's 5 different shades of green :p

Has no one noticed the fighter mode stand adapter has been reduced. It now only slots into 2 places instead of 3, they got rid of the forward most part that slides in the gray panels near the front of the nose (the leftmost red circle). I was wondering why the RVF did not feel as stable on the stand. Look at your other renewals and you will know what I mean.

*Edit* Now with a pic! :D

RIMG9381_zps53f50f5e.jpg

Are you sure? None of my renewals have adapters that plug into the area denoted by left-most circle.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

The adapter that came with the armour pack has the extra 3rd pair of plugs, plus a pair of brackets at the tail end.

So it still stands that the adapters that came with the renewals haven't changed, other than some height differences to accommodate certain features. The only real difference I see with stand that comes with the RVF is that the attachment point for the horizontal arm position has been moved back more towards the middle so as not to interfere with the ELINT fin.

Same feeling here. The unit is pleasingly tight and not too tight. DX valks are notoriously oily when opened, but the Luca valk is surprisingly clean.

Same except the gunpod was super greasy for mine.

On another note, is the radome on anyone else's angled a degree or two to the right? Maybe I'm OCD, but it drives me nuts when I look at it head on. When the wings are folded back, the radome touches the right attachment pylon while there is space between the radome and the left pylon. It also makes the head antennas look uneven when it really is the radome that is.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

My Ozma And Alto are armored up and have the same attachment that came with my 25G for the nose section. I am using the one that came in the 25G box. I should open up my Alto and Ozma armor and base renewal valk boxes to verify when I have time. How I remember it Alto, Ozma and Micheal all had that specific stand part that is shown on my 25G pic.

Edited by Loop

Glad yours are all without QC issues.. mine from NY has a spot on the right wing where it looks like someone dropped some glue on the plastic, then sanded it off before the paint was applied. :( Other than that it's the perfect VF.

I help. Durandal with original stand. Alto with fast pack stand. Ozma with armor stand. Normal Alto and Ozma stand is like Michael's one. Luca seems to have same stand as Durandal.

998251_10151516765512861_904508776_n.jpg

1005868_10151516585112861_1874276391_n.j1013015_10151516585192861_1075896827_n.j1016052_10151516585242861_1867121162_n.j

Some quick crappy pics :p

IMG_34561_zps1bc4c6f8.jpg

IMG_34571_zpsf492baf7.jpg

IMG_34581_zps17fecb2f.jpg

Edited by KH355hamdi

....yeah dont glue that peg onto the shield. It will block the tail fin from raising enough to go past the wheel line.

so that sucks.

I suppose it is not possible to store the part in Fighter-Mode between the arms like a piece that pegs both arms together due to the lack of space.

Huh... that's strange. None of the stand adapters I have have that extra set of pegs except for one which I assume came with the full armor set and I have all renewals. I'll have to search around my pile of parts some more.

Edit: Okay, after looking back at my pics, my VF-25G came with the adapter that had that extra clip, but my 25F and S didn't.

....yeah dont glue that peg onto the shield. It will block the tail fin from raising enough to go past the wheel line.

so that sucks.

How does the peg block the tail fins? Or do you mean that flap that opens up so you can put the hands in? If that, then you just need to put the extension peg in the right way. One side has an indentation that allows for the flap to be opened fully.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

some encouraging news from otacute and some guidance for those who might want to give up their extra preorders and redirect them to other MW members

Thank you for choosing Otacute!

Yes, your order #XXXXX will be fulfilled but the arrival of this product is delaying and it will arrive at our warehouse on this Friday (JST). For changing the shipping address, Please write the shipping address in a comment box on "step 1 of 3 - Delivery Information" when you change the reservation to the order and select the shipping method. Please feel free to ask me if you have further questions.Thank you and have a nice day.

Why even use the adapter peg at all? I just pretend the Valk is left handed and plug the shield into the right arm instead of the left. :D

Edited by xrentonx

Once again Fedex comes thru in spades...it was supposed to arrive Thursday...but it's being delivered today. :)

Big props to the folks at HLJ that spared me going the scalper NY route.

Huh... that's strange. None of the stand adapters I have have that extra set of pegs except for one which I assume came with the full armor set and I have all renewals. I'll have to search around my pile of parts some more.

Edit: Okay, after looking back at my pics, my VF-25G came with the adapter that had that extra clip, but my 25F and S didn't.

How does the peg block the tail fins? Or do you mean that flap that opens up so you can put the hands in? If that, then you just need to put the extension peg in the right way. One side has an indentation that allows for the flap to be opened fully.

Not the side fins, the big tail boom... thing that lowers off the bottom of the plane.

Thanks for the review. The 50 shades of green look awesome but the more I see about the additional attachment pieces the more I'm dissatisfied with them. Especially for the gun-pod. It's confusing for me why they didn't adapt the awesome solution from the VF-25G for this plane. Maybe they forgot and hat to add a quick fix (like the part that keeps the legs together in the Armored Messiah configuration).

For the shield it could be as simple as a slider on the forearms for the ELINT-fin. I know that the fin wouldn't sit line art accurate on the arm know but I'm pretty sure that in the 3d model of the RVF-25 they just jammed the shield into the fin without thinking about it. :p

Oh well enough ranting for today maybe the solutions make a little bit more sense when I have the Valk in hand. :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

Mine just arrived in the city, quite excited about it to be honest. Brb, gonna put a shrimp on the barbie(Protip: that's what aussies do when they're excited and there isn't any roos nearby to box).

i just had that at outback...

i like the rvf-25, it looks nice in person, colors look better than in photos i've seen.