Damn, I hate my Postal Service.  I already had to ask them to redeliver my Han and Manga Iron Man yesterday and they didn't leave a notice for me to sign.  They tried to redeliver again today, didn't accept the paper I left signed AND didn't leave the redelivery notices again.  I might have to quit buying things from CDJapan, they won't ship by any other method than EMS and my postal service is abysmally incompetent.

Bandai is really starting to piss me off with the weird issues they're having with each of their Star Wars figures.  Han finally arrived today and his gun holster is about the stupidest design choice I've seen.  The strap is attached to his belt and you can swap out either the holster with the gun in it or the holster empty when he's holding.  On it's own that seems sane, however the slot in the strap is super large and it's just a pass through so the holster actually pegs into Hans thigh.  The result, if you want to pose Han with his right leg bent you HAVE to remove the holster.  I noted the hole cut through the strap is too large because you can't even kinda fudge it and keep the holster on.  STUPID.

Also, his collar prevents him from turning his head up much.  That prevents you from putting Han into his most popular hunched over while shooting stance.  Also, the boot swivel blows and makes it impossible to spread his legs far enough for said hunched over stance as well.  *sigh*

On the other hand, it's largely just the Storm Trooper figure all over again but the Manga Realization Iron Man figure looks BAD. ASS.  Samurai Cyber-Punk Iron Man.

Unfortunately UPS screwed up sorting and War Machine Mk3 won't arrive until next week (so glad I paid for three day shipping...) so no mini-review of that.

Also, 3P0 and R2 went up for preorder on Tuesday, apparently.  I could only find them still available at Nippon-Yasan.

Not Figuarts but I pre-ordered Revoltech Spider-Gwen as well.

3 hours ago, General Rasp said:

I am tempted to pre-order the Venom Revoltech. I looks cool but $60 for Revoltech is kinda expensive. 

I keep going back and forth on him.  Haven't convinced myself to pull the trigger.

20 hours ago, Mommar said:

I keep going back and forth on him.  Haven't convinced myself to pull the trigger.

I am waiting for a review or two before I decide. If he goes on a good sale for $30 or $45 then I would probably pick Venom up. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, seti88 said:

Hey Noel, is there anyway to combine multiple pay up front preorder n-y po's coming out in the same month? 

edit: no worries..the lildraken PO came up and i paid already anyway...

Hey Seti. Sorry for the late reply. I think you can combine PO's that are not Pay Upfront from what I remember. But if it's a PO Pay Upfront like those Web Exclusives, then it's no. I'm a victim of buying 2 VF-31J's Super Parts separately so I paid two shipping costs. :(

But this time, I will order both LilDrakens and the Figuarts IM Mk3 at the same time so atleast I can save a small amount of money from shipping. But I'll order that once I paid my PO Draken first over the weekend. Still have to budget stuff. ;)

Snagged Qui-Gon at NY, none of the Star Wars Figuarts stuff is ever coming state side so I'll just get him there. Mk II is cool but from what I've read he'll be getting a US stand alone release, and a US release with a hall of armor, I'll wait for that, just grab him at BBTS with another hall piece.

edit: And look at that, two minutes after I posted I noticed BBTS put their pre-orders up for stand alone Mk II and the bundle with the hall piece.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN17567&mode=retail

Edited by Tking22

2 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Snagged Qui-Gon at NY, none of the Star Wars Figuarts stuff is ever coming state side so I'll just get him there. Mk II is cool but from what I've read he'll be getting a US stand alone release, and a US release with a hall of armor, I'll wait for that, just grab him at BBTS with another hall piece.

edit: And look at that, two minutes after I posted I noticed BBTS put their pre-orders up for stand alone Mk II and the bundle with the hall piece.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN17567&mode=retail

I didn't know that. :( But to be honest, I really don't know if I need a Hall of Armor because one I buy one, I know I need some for my other Iron Man figures too. And Bandai's asking price for that is not a joke as well. If it's like $30 a piece, I might bite. :sorry:

6 hours ago, Mommar said:

Hmm, I don't like the texture on that Spider-Man figure.  It reminds me of the Mafex figures.  In the new movies it doesn't even seem like it has that weird rough texture anyway.

I like the revoltech and marvel legends figures better. That texture seems to be added to all the higher end spider-man figures for some reason. 

I don't mind the texture on Spidey at all, I'm actually digging it. Figuarts Spidey looks great, need a PO on that ASAP. The only advantage I'm seeing with the Mafex one is the unmasked head, but even then it will probably look awful because Mafex has a terrible habit of having their finished products look nothing like the promo shots, I'm literally looking directly at Mafex Wonder Woman, never again with that company...

I've got my SHF Ninja Turtles today and they are great. I would absolutely recommend them if you have any attachment to the 90s TMNT cartoon. And I want more. I want Shredder, Krang, Slash, Metalhead, Foot Soldiers, April, even the small brat that wished to be a Ninja Turtle. ^_^

No that this is out of the way there are some odd choices with these toys. The first one is Donatellos  staff where they opted not to paint the strap beige (or cast it in beige and paint the staff brown to avoid paint rubbing). If I had to guess the reason for this decision the design team for the Turtles probably looked up Donatello on google image search and the first images showed the bo staff and the strap in the same color. 

The next baffling ting are the replacement belts for holding their weapons. From looking at the toys it seems like Leonardos is cast in brown not matching the color of the painted belt. Donatellos is cast in green and painted brown not matching the color of the belt. Raphaels is cast in brown plastic (although it could be painted but I don't see any green plastic showing on the piece) matching the brown belt and Michelangelos is painted brown matching the color of the belt. So they got it right with the last Turtle they released. :p

Other than that the only criticism that I have is that I wished for a bit more range in the articulation since they are Ninjas and do crazy poses and I wished they had painted their color coded head bands and such had a coat of paint on them to give the toys a more premium feel. I also wished one of the Turtles came with a Turtle Communicator. I always loved that design. Oh well maybe one of the next figures (if they happen) will come with one.

Since I had the original toys as a kid I also would loved to have the Turtles to have different skin tones to give them more individuality. Since the design team tried to recreate the cartoon look I can understand why they are all the same color though.

14 hours ago, Big s said:

I was looking at the pictures of the spidey suit on the homecoming thread and it does look textured, but I think the red needs to be a bit more red.

You're right, it actually is in the film.  I don't thinknthat texture comes off well in toy form however.  It makes thenlittle toy look pitted or scaley or something.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Oh, they're making a proper one with the red dots in the correct places this time.  I got the previous one via NY.

Hey Mommar. Sorry since I'm not familiar with the previous release. But what do you mean by the red dots is in the correct places this time? And technically, I'm really not sure if he's part of the 'canon' armors as well. But it looks nice for me. ;) 

28 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

that Iron Man looks aweful.

Maybe you meant awefully awesome? ^_^

When Marvel created their Marvel Now brand in their comics several years ago Iron Man switched to a Black and Gold suit that had these red glowing bits all over the suit.  Particularly along the arms and in the hips/sides of the calves.  Several years ago at one of the Winter Wonderfests, or whatever, they used the original Mk. VI suit and made a black and gold one but it lacked the red dots that existed on the comics.  This version includes those red dots, sadly it's reusing the Mk III armor without any new sculpt so they look like they're just painted on, except for the smaller round bits on the chest and upper back.

Previous Figuarts Figure:
sh-figuarts-iron-man-mark-6-black-2.jpg

Comic version:

30c4c5f54ebabf3a1fb9cf8be534bb80.jpg

Edited by Mommar

^ Got it! Thank you sir for that cool info! And here I was thinking probably just one of those like 'repaint' gimik Hot Toys doing on their Mark 7 figure.

But yeah, it looks nice. So hopefully NY will have this available on their site soon. ;)

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

^ Got it! Thank you sir for that cool info! And here I was thinking probably just one of those like 'repaint' gimik Hot Toys doing on their Mark 7 figure.

But yeah, it looks nice. So hopefully NY will have this available on their site soon. ;)

The previous one was expensive.  At least $120 because it was bought by proxy at a convention.