with Fansproject announcement and preorder of their Sludge figure due out this august, Planet X has put theirs out for preorder due out October. I'm kind of torn. Fansproject's looks real good, BUT I don't need a robot partner with him, and I don't think he's going to be big enough. Planet X is same size I think from Grimlock, BUT I'm not big on the design. DECISIONS!

I just keep thinking--that Scorponok has the build/propotions/styling of WFC Trypticon---it's like they tried as hard as they could to make a WFC Trypticon to go with their Metroplex---without actually making Trypticon.

Never seen that shizzy. Don't know what wfc means haha.

Well, due to his numerous lines/scenes in WFC and "extended cameo" in FOC, that is darn-near the default iteration of the character now. Because he was FRIGGIN AWESOME in it, and not a dumb grunting godzilla ripoff.

I do believe WFC Trypticon has far more "screen time" than the G1 version. Kind of like how animated Blitzwing was a much more important/defined character than the G1 version-----when a different, more recent version of a character ends up with 10x as many lines as the original---it often sorta "overshadows" the original, or at least how people expect that character to be now. Classics Blitzwing clearly has several elements of Animated Blitzwing, due to how "influential" his later version is now----he's not a pure G1 homage.

Never seen that shizzy. Don't know what wfc means haha.

Metroplex is G1 inspired. Makes sense they would continue that trend.

video games:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers:_War_for_Cybertron

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers:_Fall_of_Cybertron

Well, due to his numerous lines/scenes in WFC and "extended cameo" in FOC, that is darn-near the default iteration of the character now. Because he was FRIGGIN AWESOME in it, and not a dumb grunting godzilla ripoff.

I do believe WFC Trypticon has far more "screen time" than the G1 version. Kind of like how animated Blitzwing was a much more important/defined character than the G1 version-----when a different, more recent version of a character ends up with 10x as many lines as the original---it often sorta "overshadows" the original, or at least how people expect that character to be now. Classics Blitzwing clearly has several elements of Animated Blitzwing, due to how "influential" his later version is now----he's not a pure G1 homage.

for some people yes, but i got to disagree. g1 trypticon is still iconic. i couldn't care less about a video game only trypticon (also didn't like his design so much when i googeld it) and i'm sure many are teh same way. and yes animated blitzwing is a more important character to his fiction than g1 blitzwing was but clearly animated one was an homage to the g1 character in many ways so the classics toy is homaging the g1 one directly and then anothe rtime by referencin the animated guy....arguably. lol

Frankly, without them, you're missing out on a big chunk of "G1 history that most of the fandom knows and references". Those games are considered "the new canon" for the whole "united franchise theory" Hasbro's been doing the past couple years.

Plus the story is GOOD, and gives far better/more detailed backstory for a lot of what happened, vs the G1 toon.

That's the great thing about transformers. It's always been made up.. no real scale, no real backstory. Even the originals were stolen from something else.

All I want is flash 80's cars and planes and sweet robots haha. And make it look good on my shelf too.

Edited by Gakken85

Frankly, without them, you're missing out on a big chunk of "G1 history that most of the fandom knows and references". Those games are considered "the new canon" for the whole "united franchise theory" Hasbro's been doing the past couple years.

Plus the story is GOOD, and gives far better/more detailed backstory for a lot of what happened, vs the G1 toon.

i call it revisionist history or not canon for actual G1 especially because they are deviating so much from the actual robot designs used in g1. . :-) canon for "united franchise theory"....sure.

Well, I see it as fairly similar to Macross---you can cling to and revel in the original series and accept *nothing* else, or you can enjoy DYRL's "revisionist history" and designs and everything that has come out since. And all that's ever going to come out in the future, is going to be based off the newer stuff/sequels.

You can "expand" your hobby/franchise, or you can cling to the small initial offering and never allow anything more.

That's the great thing about transformers. It's always been made up.. no real scale, no real backstory. Even the originals were stolen from something else.

All I want is flash 80's cars and planes and sweet robots haha. And make it look good on my shelf too.

What about Metroplex bitchslapping Megatron? You can't tell me you don't want to see THAT.

Just looks like a pile of junk, kind of like bayformers where they have no real discernible attributes, but lots of pointy edges. Not as bad as that, but close.

I don't see DYRL as revisionist. It's just like the 87 movie. There is only so much you can fit into a movie and you have to pair it down to make a cohesive story.

And just like with Macross some of the expansions are good and building on the theme (Like Frontier) and some are terrible.

Video game stories are generally pretty basic. It may be a good playing experience but it isn't something you'd sit down and read if you condensed the story into a readable form. I might give the PC game a shot, but I hardly ever play games anymore.

I know everyone here hates this thing, at least those of you who aren't stupid people like me, but I got Kronos today and thought I'd share a couple of photos. Please excuse the poor quality, I used my ancient phone.

post-430-0-60989000-1405528984_thumb.jpg

post-430-0-60132900-1405528995_thumb.jpg

post-430-0-44006600-1405529022_thumb.jpg

Edited by eriku

It's pretty much all about robot mode. If I didn't have a soft spot for chunky, dorky and ridiculously designed aircraft I would very much hate the alt mode. It's the anti-valkyrie. It's big, blocky, nothing is streamlined, nothing makes sense, nothing fits flush together so there are gaps everywhere and aside from being ugly as sin you can take one look at it and know with utmost certainty that it could never fly.

A VF from Macross will make me weak in the knees from its beauty & realism and that's the reason I love those. This thing makes me chuckle and reminds me of being a kid when I could nail a few pieces of 2x4 to a slab of partical board, draw a control panel with a Sharpie and use it as a spaceship. The ignorance/innocence of childhood imagination I suppose.

It's pretty much all about robot mode. If I didn't have a soft spot for chunky, dorky and ridiculously designed aircraft I would very much hate the alt mode. It's the anti-valkyrie. It's big, blocky, nothing is streamlined, nothing makes sense, nothing fits flush together so there are gaps everywhere and aside from being ugly as sin you can take one look at it and know with utmost certainty that it could never fly.

A VF from Macross will make me weak in the knees from its beauty & realism and that's the reason I love those. This thing makes me chuckle and reminds me of being a kid when I could nail a few pieces of 2x4 to a slab of partical board, draw a control panel with a Sharpie and use it as a spaceship. The ignorance/innocence of childhood imagination I suppose.

totally. mine might see alt mode once if that. lol. the skyfire alt mode could totally fly though...like in space. haha. kinda fits in with a lot fo the later TF "flying" alt modes...spaceship looking things that would have not once chance in teh atmosphere if not for insane levels of thrust (essentially ...think of a jetpack lol).

I got my daca toys kronos today. I'm sorta bummed. The paint on the die cast feet was all dinged up and one of the hands was missing a pointer finger. It didn't break or fall off, it's just not there. I contacted tfsource about replacements, but yeah, pretty bummed on this purchase.