If you like your toys point and cause maximum carnage.

I really like it. Seems to be an improvement over Citizen Stack. Granted I don't know how the head of Captain Shark is supposed to look but on the toy it looks great.

That was pretty Badass stop motion. What has been the reaction to citizen stack? I have MP Ultra Magnus on preorder and have been impressed with what I saw regarding citizen stack.

I think the general consensus about Citizen Stack is that it is a good Classics version of Ultra Magnus with an ugly head (but there is an additional head you can swap in from a different independent toy maker). Citizen Stack does not fit in well with the Masterpiece line because his design aesthetics don't fit to the G1 look. Also the size is off if you are a believer in the holy scale chart.

Here are some quick videos for the toy and the additional head:

Thanks Scyla. I've been impressed with a lot of the 3rd party offerings but have yet to take the plunge. I've been seriously thing about either stack or one of the dinobots.

Edited by Golden Arms

I think I'm going to take the plunge with Citizen Stack. I'm liking the look of that one. Would've got Kronos but it's been getting too many bad reviews. I would like to get a decent Rodimus but there doesn't seem to be one. Not digging the masterpiece version.

Thanks Scyla. I've been impressed with a lot of the 3rd party offerings but have yet to take the plunge. I've been seriously thing about either stack or one of the dinobots.

If you like the design I would try this one.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MMC10007&mode=retail

It is the best transforming robot from a independent toy maker I have in my collection. Their Predaking homage is also very good if you dig the style. :)

Edited by Scyla

I have the Unique Toys one. It's the more screen-accurate of two. But the antennae pop off if you breathe on them. Easily fixed (or ignored, in my case) and doesn't take much away from a great design.

Both sets have a unique face on each figure. iGear's Sharkticons are stylized and have muscular builds in bot mode, whereas UT's are pudgy like in TFTM.

I think I'm going to take the plunge with Citizen Stack. I'm liking the look of that one. Would've got Kronos but it's been getting too many bad reviews. I would like to get a decent Rodimus but there doesn't seem to be one. Not digging the masterpiece version.

if you are going to get Citizen Stack, there's 2 versions. the first release one might have knee joint problems later in his life, the V2 has new joints.

20140812_082529_zpscsomgw1p.jpg

I can say that having these two that I like parts of each. Which means I dislike in equal portions, ie Ares head is much better than Feral Rex's and its position higher not buried in the shoulders. Also Rex has no side skirts so you see the gimpy legs from Leo Dux

I like Leo Dux's mane but I like Nemeans Lion Head better

I like Ares Shoulder cannons as they dont look gimpy on Rex.

The feet On rex I like but the Toes are better on Ares

I like the hook latch system on Rex better than the Ares which is prone to come apart on Conabus due to the little connection port meant to hold a very heavy robot.

I like the Tolerance and fit better on REX than on TFC which is a loosy goosy at the waist

I like the waist on Ares better because, well he has a waist vs a chest and a crotch plate. Its like his dick is attached to his neck

I like the colors on Conabus vs the pale Yellow on Fortis.
Overall I like the deeper red on Ares, it makes it look uniform. I like how the details are painted vs Rex's detailed plastic etching.

I like how Ares has thicker plastic but nothing really clicks in vs Rex's thinner plastic and everything clicks in. Dont get me wrong both have excellent plastic, just one uses less of it. I think because Ares uses thicker plastic the tolerance issues are weaker.

I like How Leo Dux looks in beast mode but Fortis and Bovis look stupid. Like they got a FAAAT ASSes with gimpy legs. TFC does a much better Beast modes

I hate the tom platz legs on Feral Rex and like the straight legs on Ares
but I like how it narrows at the waist which the Ares suffers from inner thigh burns

Now Talon is on its way and should receive it today and will give me a better idea between the two but I like how Phobus' wing feathers look but from what I have scene do not tilt as far up in Combined mode unlike Talon's does

Swords.
I like the look of MMC's more. However its stupid if you think about how quick it would dull hacking metal robots. TFCs makes more sense that its more of a crushing type of sword much like Gutsu's Long Sword from Berserk More pics to come

TFCs Predaking homage does nothing for me and I said this several times so I should probably stop.

I have one remark about the pros & cons you posted slaginpit. You extended the legs to much on Leo Dux. In the default setting the thin upper legs are less of a problem, especially if you use the lower joint for leg movement.

[edit:] I just opened my Talon and so far I think I have the most issues with him out of all the Feral Rex members so far.

A bit of overspray on the wings and a few black paint splotches.

Besides my usual gripes about the tail I have to add the following nitpicks:

1. I really wished that the shoulder pauldrons could swing 90 degrees downwards. This way the wings could be folded inwards a bit more and thus make him look more like a bird standing there.
  2. Everything on the previous releases locked into place so far so it is a real bummer that the chest panel that covers the connector port just rests there
  3. The tale of peg holes that a bit too tight to hold the melee weapons continues. There are some pegs on the wing backpack that would be ideal to store the daggers but they just won'f with without stressing the plastic.

Also a bit more elbow movement would have been nice. Other than that I can't wait for Tigris. :)

Edited by Scyla

I'm surprised no one has really mentioned Omnigonix' V-01 Spinout - looks pretty swish to me :3

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/990117-omnigonix-v-01-spinout-mp-scaled-sunstreaker.html

Sideswipe needs his bro, brah!

It looks like a good likeness, What scale are these two anyhow 1/24 by chance ??

Edited by big F

I'm surprised no one has really mentioned Omnigonix' V-01 Spinout - looks pretty swish to me :3

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/990117-omnigonix-v-01-spinout-mp-scaled-sunstreaker.html

I must've fell asleep on this news! Damn, those looks sweet, especially the engine bay.

It looks like a good likeness, What scale are these two anyhow 1/24 by chance ??

I believed it's 1/32 scale

It looks great. I hope it looks the par besides Lambor. It would be nice if it had the same sloppy paint-job. :p

Did you do some design work on this one?

Edited by Scyla