All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

So the fun with Dust 514 continues. This time, I decided to try my hand at sniping - with spectacular results!

In just 1 weekend of playing, I racked up 143 kills with only 14 deaths. It was enough to put me on the KDR leaderboards with a statistic of 10.21 (it has gone up since then). Sniping is totally h4x0rzed in this game. The maps are huge relative to the people playing in them, lots of places to hide. LOL think I'm going to stop playing with this character, be a d!ck and just to lock my place. When I looked today I was in the 600's (cut off is 1000) in terms of rank. This character was an alt anyways.

image_zps6523a47d.jpeg

image1_zps9e4289ea.jpeg

Edited by Ghost Train

I couldn't really ground myself where the fighter mode first person perspective was located. Was it the inside of the cockpit? Also, I think it's a bit weird to have legitimate first person view in battroid mode, since a pilot would be located internally in the torso region, which cameras for targeting.

Nit picking aside though, looks very cool :D First Person mech combat is something I've been dreaming of for ages.

In other news, Fire Emblem Awakening is INSANELY good. This game alone is a reason to pick up the 3ds. This is my first experience with Fire Emblem, and man, it's been a blast. I'm a total noob when it comes to sRPGs, but even I'm having tons of fun (in casual mode, I think I'd tear my hair out replaying chapters with classic :D )

New story DLC for Bioshock Infinite.

I'm glad we're going back to Rapture. I thought Ken Levine did better with dark survival horror environments like System Shock 2 and Bioshock.

not gonna watch it, I want to go in blind.

I couldn't really ground myself where the fighter mode first person perspective was located. Was it the inside of the cockpit? Also, I think it's a bit weird to have legitimate first person view in battroid mode, since a pilot would be located internally in the torso region, which cameras for targeting.

Nit picking aside though, looks very cool :D First Person mech combat is something I've been dreaming of for ages.

In other news, Fire Emblem Awakening is INSANELY good. This game alone is a reason to pick up the 3ds. This is my first experience with Fire Emblem, and man, it's been a blast. I'm a total noob when it comes to sRPGs, but even I'm having tons of fun (in casual mode, I think I'd tear my hair out replaying chapters with classic :D )

I think the initial difficult in fighter mode is simply that the creator ddn't (wasn't able to?) create a faithful reproduction? It seems like the pilot is sitting a bit high, but maybe he just wanted to demonstrate how much you could see?

I really like the 1st person in battroid. It is something rarely (ever? I don't know) done with Macross games, and I really feel that it put me in the valk. There are some obvious issues about making the entire thing work in battroid mode (where the heck is the gunpod pointing?), but those can be worked out.

All things considered, that short video blew my mind with what a Macross game can be like. I'm tired of the 3rd person views. While they allow you to see the valks in all their glory, I always feel separate.

Not sure if anyone here is a Silent Hill. Haven't been a fan of the series since SH4. I've been thinking about SH2 again and looking for a good copy since I traded my original in many moons ago. I never really understood the popularity of SH2 behind it revolving around Pyramid Head. It's still a good game and one of the best in the series. I still liked the first game just a little more.

Got mixed feelings about F2P... this is how I think it's gonna go down:

Yes, you can fly the Mig-21, 23, 25, 29, F-14, 15, 16, 18 for free... but pay

(Prices reflect aesthetic awesomeness and not real world capabilities)

$10 for Moebius Colored F-22

$10 for Yellow-13 SU-37

$15 for T-50 PAK-FA

$20 for Shinden

$49.99 for "Elite Aces Pack" which gives you a whole squadron of Idolm@ster planes (by the way Azusa is my favorite), and a whole host of "moe anime girl" themed planes.

You watch... I'm calling it :D

Edited by Ghost Train

Got mixed feelings about F2P... this is how I think it's gonna go down:

Yes, you can fly the Mig-21, 23, 25, 29, F-14, 15, 16, 18 for free... but pay

(Prices reflect aesthetic awesomeness and not real world capabilities)

$10 for Moebius Colored F-22

$10 for Yellow-13 SU-37

$15 for T-50 PAK-FA

$20 for Shinden

$49.99 for "Elite Aces Pack" which gives you a whole squadron of Idolm@ster planes (by the way Azusa is my favorite), and a whole host of "moe anime girl" themed planes.

You watch... I'm calling it :D

THIS.

F2P always comes with a price somewhere.

As long as I can fly the f-14 for free I'm set, though if I want the flower paint scheme from AC5 I'm probably going to pay extra :p. Of course you are going to have to pay for planes and color schemes, that's just the F2P model.

Nah, they're going to REALLY annoy people by doing:

Idolmaster F-14D for $20, with F-15E included free. (only way to get F-15E)

Idolmaster Rafale for $20, with F-18F free (only way to get Super Hornet

Idolmaster Su-27 for $20, with YF-23 free (only way to get YF-23)

F-14D, Rafale, and Su-27 will be free in normal camo.

As long as I can fly the f-14 for free I'm set, though if I want the flower paint scheme from AC5 I'm probably going to pay extra :p. Of course you are going to have to pay for planes and color schemes, that's just the F2P model.

Basically this but for me, it'll be the Viper. Agreeing with Dave on the packaging of aircraft like the Super Hornet and YF-23. :unsure:

Edited by Shadow

My fear isn't just that Bamco will rob us blind on DLC... we already know that they're going to do that, because they've already done it. My fear is that after getting my hopes up for another real AC game Infinity is going to come out and it's going to be some crappy multiplayer only game.

I saw this yesterday, and nearly crapped myself. Then I started reading about X 3, which was the last game of the series... It is not highly regarded.

There's 3 games in with the X3 name. If you're talking about X3 Reunion, it's true that it had a lot of bugs when it first got released. Not sure if Terran Conflict or Albion Prelude, stand alone sequels/expansion packs to Reunion, had the same problems.

And the PWNAGE on Dust 514 continues with a vengeance!

I left the beginner's queue a while back, and suffered a few minor setbacks because once you go out into public matches, nearly 90% of players have prototype gears / weapons and have at least several orders of magnitude more SP than a newer player. After some skill upgrades and some readjustments to my equipment I'm being productive again, averaging a KDR of about 6.0. I'm working in getting into a logistics suit, but changing over to a tactical sniper rifle made a huge difference for me... lower damage but high ROF.

And there was this really fun game last week. :D

pwng_zps19d9d70a.jpeg

There was this guy who I kept taking down, and his team's logistics kept reviving him, this went on for about 4 times before he decided to respawn. I would have /ragequit the game if some spineless sniper kept doing that to me :D . (Then I took out the logistics healer. :ph34r: )

Edited by Ghost Train

well, my preorder finally showed up, for better or worse. obnoxiously large assed box and all;

TalesofXilliaColleEd8-13-13_zpsa0bb6185.

- the hell am i supposed to put that Bastard, anyway?!? :angry: not all that much stuff coming out of such a behemoth-ass carton, no?

- anyway, this Tales entry sure gets the red carpet treatment and all, i suppose due to the Tales' series' 15th anniversary and all that good stuff.

i'm expecting some halfway decent things of this entry, and it better deliver, considering how much a letdown Tales of Graces has proven itself so far... :angry::(:angry:

Edited by Shaorin

i'm considering getting the US version of Killer is Dead for PS3 that comes with an artbook, CD, and DLC pack.

will the DLC work even if i'm in Asia? or do i need to have a US PSN account?

Yup you're going to need a US account to use the dlc code, once you dl the dlc though you can use it with any account.

Been a PS gamer since the first PS console, and still don't feel the need to buy the X-Bone.

BTW, I've no idea how many hours I've spent playing DW8 the past two weeks. And I have no idea why I can still find so much enthusiasm for a game that's been rehashing the same characters and plot for the eighth time now.

That said, the "three elements system" and hypothetical routes offer a lot of replayability. Also, unlike DW7, each character now has his unique EX weapon.

Well, I guess there's a reason why story of The Romance of the Three Kingdoms survives until today. It just doesn't get old.