The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Guest davidwhangchoi

So did I miss any news about the paint scheme being confirmed on "exclusive" MP-18 Streak?

-b.

lol

FirstLooksatMP-18BlustreakConventionExcl

There you go. It's more silver or something.

Lamest repaint eva.

Also, don't think this was posted here:

http://takaratomymall.jp/special/tfeva/product.html

Weird, kind of cool trailer, obvious cash grab because people-collect-prime-and-buy-Eva-anything, EVA PRIME:

prod_robot_main.png

Edited by Gakken85

that's actually slightly less ugly than I thought it was going to be.

Anyways, getting back to TRU Grimlock. Is it out yet? is it in physical retail stores in the US? Should I be running out the door right now to check my local store before they're all gone?

that's actually slightly less ugly than I thought it was going to be.

Anyways, getting back to TRU Grimlock. Is it out yet? is it in physical retail stores in the US? Should I be running out the door right now to check my local store before they're all gone?

Some TFW-members from San Jose and thereabouts have found some already.

Yeah on the west coast. Been a few confirmed purchases last week. It might be up on the website too.

I think it's hitting the south east this week.

MP-03. Red Box.

Apparently it was $60 in some stores, $80 in others, and then $100 in some others.

People are also reporting the clear plastic is a smokey green, and the joints are loose.

Edited by Gakken85

Thank you Gakk, I had one like that when I was a kid so I'll pick up two for the sake of nostalgia.

That EVA Prime is f$*#$ing hideous. No joke it looks like something I threw up in a drunken stupor after a night in South Beach when I lived down there.

And now I have an excuse to hit a few Toys R Us's tomorrow, nothing like a good toy hunt to kill some time.

-b.

[img=http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w552/chockey88/FirstLooksatMP-

Weird, kind of cool trailer, obvious cash grab because people-collect-prime-and-buy-Eva-anything, EVA PRIME:

Like I said, I think that's the fugliest MP-10 by a wide margin, and I have Year of the Horse Prime.

I absolutely love the trailer, though. Maybe I should try to find someone who wants the Prime but doesn't care about the trailer to goi in on it with, although then I would have to find another MP-10 to go with it. I kinda want to pair it with Black Convoy/Nemesis Prime, beacause I think the trailer would rock with a black cab, but the Autobot symbol on the trailer would clash withthe Decepticon cab. Maybe the BAPE version, if it doesn't come with a trailer...

For the record, both my regular MP Prime and YotH Prime are currently trucks, on a stand in an alcove near my bedroom.

I'm not enough of a prime collector to want it.

It would be cool to see all the prime MP repaints lined up one day.

I kind of want the Bape though just because I have a Camo fetish.

I'm not enough of a prime collector to want it.

It would be cool to see all the prime MP repaints lined up one day.

I kind of want the Bape though just because I have a Camo fetish.

I do tend to collect Primes more than other characters, and I do think MP-10 is the best Transformers toy released thus far in the 30-year history of the brand, but it's not that. For some reason, I'm really digging the size and appearance of MP-10's alt mode when it's got a trailer. If I had the extra money to burn, I'd buy every MP-10 repaint, plus either buy loose trailers or buy extras, sell the Primes and keep the trailers, until every Prime repaint had a trailer.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I do tend to collect Primes more than other characters, and I do think MP-10 is the best Transformers toy released thus far in the 30-year history of the brand, but it's not that. For some reason, I'm really digging the size and appearance of MP-10's alt mode when it's got a trailer. If I had the extra money to burn, I'd buy every MP-10 repaint, plus either buy loose trailers or buy extras, sell the Primes and keep the trailers, until every Prime repaint had a trailer.

Mike, does any of your mp-10's have a problem with the index finger falling off.

Mike, does any of your mp-10's have a problem with the index finger falling off.

My regular Prime has had his pop off maybe once or twice in all time time I've had him, and not at all for YotH Prime. Let's say it's something I'm aware that can happen, so I take care when posing their hands, but it's not prevalent enough that I'd consider it a problem. It's much, much worse on my Hasbro MP Soundwave.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Ok thanks guys. I didnt open my hasbro sw and returned yoth prime (regretfully) to pay for the huge pre order wave of the 19 and 29s. So im on the look out for an mp10. Not sure if i can wait till 2015

Ok thanks guys. I didnt open my hasbro sw and returned yoth prime (regretfully) to pay for the huge pre order wave of the 19 and 29s. So im on the look out for an mp10. Not sure if i can wait till 2015

The finger-issue is really not that big of an issue. Just be aware that it'll pop off when you're messing around with it. If you want, you can just apply some minor adhesive (like future polish or something) or just tape it up so it doesn't get lost on the carpet.

FirstLooksatMP-18BlustreakConventionExcl

There you go. It's more silver or something.

Lamest repaint eva.

Thing is, I think it's really the lamest 'shopping job advertising a repaint ever. That's the official box-art pics of the standard release----lazily 'shopped to remove the black on the hood and roof. The real thing should at least be "G1 bright silver" and not the dark color of the regular release.

PS---A7 doesn't visit this thread, right? Because I totally quoted a pic...

So I opened my MP-08 Grimlock reissue (playing catching up with the MP line) and the metal plate the left shoulder is mounted onto doesn't want to stay inside the chest very well. On the right side of the toy it sits perfectly flush. Haven't had the time to transform him though so that might change. I noticed that issue on a few pictures of the toy.

Does anyone that has experience with the mold knows if this is a worrisome issue (I heard of shoulder breakage) or if I can do anything about that?

Thanks.

[edit:] I like the EVA-01 Convoy but I think some of the color choices don't work quite right with the mold of the toy and the EVA-theme. For instance the mouth plate would looked much nicer if it where not this metallic color. The same goes for the smoke stacks. Also the black on the forearms is a bit of a stark contrast to the rest of the toy because the arms are this box shape.

Edited by Scyla

Not familiar with that issue scyla, what re-issue is it?

*snip*

The most recent one from Takara with the Flaming Sword accessory.

Here you have an picture of the issue I have with it on Grimlocks left shoulder:

r_grimlock-takara-168.jpg

On mine it is a little bit more pronounced than that.

So...I was kind of high off the idea of getting more "stuff"...but seriously? Let's take off the black carbon fiber hood (ha) and add the stock silver/grey one back.

Instant repaint. :blink:

-b.

Don't forget, it comes with two missile launchers! :D

Seriously, this is an easy pass for me. I'm waiting for a blue bluestreak.

As for MP Grimlock - I might sell my current MP Grimlock because it doesn't scale with MP-10, and I don't like that gigantic shoulders. I'm waiting for the 3rd party Grimlock.

EVA Prime - easy pass also, it looks like a Frankin-Prime.

Edited by Valkyrie2008

Is the MP Grimlock actually available in decent numbers at the stores? Quite honestly, after the ridiculousness I had to go through to get a MP Prime, I'm done playing the game of calling up 5 different TRU stores or checking the TRU website every day hoping they'll put it up for sale before taking it down after 20 minutes. I'd rather try my luck scoring a reasonable deal on the aftermarket than wasting all that time again. No toy is worth that amount of frustration.

Comparison between the Takara re-issue from late last year, and the Hasbro reissue.

Looks like you get:

1. Lighter plastic

2. Greenish neck and chest parts.

3. Tail issues

4. Loose hips.

Is it worth $60 bucks? I guess so if you don't have one. I feel like a new Takara Grimlock is around the corner just to fight back the 3rd parties and Ko's.

Whoah TRU reissue Grimlock? I've been out of a bit. I gotta start hitting up all the local TRU.

Checked one of mine earlier today, no MP Grimlock - but lots of Age of Extinction crap and a fair amount of Generations.

Is the MP Grimlock actually available in decent numbers at the stores? Quite honestly, after the ridiculousness I had to go through to get a MP Prime, I'm done playing the game of calling up 5 different TRU stores or checking the TRU website every day hoping they'll put it up for sale before taking it down after 20 minutes. I'd rather try my luck scoring a reasonable deal on the aftermarket than wasting all that time again. No toy is worth that amount of frustration.

Right? You'd think we were trying to get a pre-order in for a Bandai DX Frontier release. :lol:

Comparison between the Takara re-issue from late last year, and the Hasbro reissue.

Looks like you get:

1. Lighter plastic

2. Greenish neck and chest parts.

3. Tail issues

4. Loose hips.

Is it worth $60 bucks? I guess so if you don't have one. I feel like a new Takara Grimlock is around the corner just to fight back the 3rd parties and Ko's.

If I can find one I'd get it, I don't have any of the previous releases and I probably won't be opening it anytime soon anyway.

-b.

Is the MP Grimlock actually available in decent numbers at the stores? Quite honestly, after the ridiculousness I had to go through to get a MP Prime, I'm done playing the game of calling up 5 different TRU stores or checking the TRU website every day hoping they'll put it up for sale before taking it down after 20 minutes.

Based on reported warehouse numbers etc, it's looking like MP Grimlock will make MP Prime seem "easy to find" comparatively.

So if you're going to get one, and going to pay $$$ for one---get one of the older-better versions!

I wish they'd knock off all the MP-10 repaint BS and just reissue him in his regular colors. I missed the boat first time around, and I won't pay the going rate, since there will most likely be a reissue sometime in the future.

I wish they'd knock off all the MP-10 repaint BS and just reissue him in his regular colors. I missed the boat first time around, and I won't pay the going rate, since there will most likely be a reissue sometime in the future.

They will reissue it in 2015 for 22k Yen. See here for more info: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=36540&p=1121598

Edited by Scyla