The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

why not just get the asia exclusive one that just came out? its not priced as rapey as other asia exclusive releases (just $50 more than when mp-10 first came out) and from initial reports quality is on par with the original release (well the oriignal 2 releases as it was released twice about a year apart) and you get get a dorky stand. now the the year of the horse release is different altogether....that is the bling bling one. no thnx on that.

Honestly, go with the coming KO. If it's got all the improvements they say it does, it may be the best version, period. I'm thinking about getting one just to swap parts with my official one, and make an "ultimate" MP Prime.

Since Takara or Hasbro obviously don't want our money. "Hey, it sold out in 10 secs" "yeah, so make sure you don't make any more".

Honestly, go with the coming KO. If it's got all the improvements they say it does, it may be the best version, period. I'm thinking about getting one just to swap parts with my official one, and make an "ultimate" MP Prime.

Since Takara or Hasbro obviously don't want our money. "Hey, it sold out in 10 secs" "yeah, so make sure you don't make any more".

I'm thinking about getting one and busting out the paints... MP Pepsi Prime, here I come!

For all the "big complex recent" Primes, the wheels/tires are especially wrong, and screws up the proportions a lot. Also overall chassis length. They are "compressed" length-wise.

MP10 could really benefit from having the legs be longer and less bulky for truck mode, that's for sure

My interest in MP-10 didn't come to the fore until it was too late to get one through TRU, so this may be promising. Still don't like the rear wheel wells or the covers in bot mode. They could mod those out too, IMHO.

Going back a page or so, I like the G1ness of that IDW Whirl, and hope there's an equally G1ish Roadbuster in the works. I have an old 80's Convertors Mugen Calibur toy, and I've wanted a fully poseable and transformable version of it ever since. My 80's version transforms, but it's a brick in bot mode (shoulders swivel, that's it). As for Whirl's Gerwalk mode, I generally find Gerwalk pointless, but it looks good here and I especially like the Macross reference. Wonder if HG will try to sue?

Damn that's ugly. haha

I wouldn't mind the gold Autobot insignia, if they weren't mismatched. Otherwise, the gold is just awful.

It's kind of a shame, though. I actually kinda dig the red crotch lights, blue energon axe, and blue abdomen. It'd almost make a good Pepsi Convoy...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

it freakin hit the front page of SD... now it's all gone... it's back up...

link:

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Platinum-Edition-Predaking-Exclusive/dp/B00CM5DA62/ref=pd_ybh_17?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=Qx9vZmO7EeO4WbrDV8mQ4wdjn2_0p7s3_0_0_0

update: My order just shipped!

the price is back to 79.99

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Even though my love of Transformers stems from growing up with G1, I hesitated. Thing is, while I love G1, I don't really collect the toys or reissues of the toys because even the worst CHUGs are often better representations of the characters with better articulation that the bricks that G1 Transformers were. While $49.99 was a great price, I couldn't convince myself that I actually have a spot for a G1 reissue Predaking in my collection.

I guess I missed my chance now anyway.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i never owned predaking bc it was too expensive so i took the plunge. this price was cheaper than when i was a kid so i had to grab it. i almost got one for 75 bucks used when i saw it again secondhand as a kid but i passed.

if i can pay 30 for sideswipe ko, i think this is so much more.

Got a request for smokescreen payment.

Preparation already in progress, paid since last month! :p

On a side note: Did any of you receive gifts from NY lately, I received two item this morning. I didn't order any of these items, unless they ship my items my mistake. I will send them an email and find out.

post-7962-0-76092100-1386972521_thumb.jpg