The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Nothing wrong with that :D I'm just excited for it haha.

The G1 US Cartoon stuff will keep coming, this is just a nice fan piece to spice things up, and I for one welcome the look of it. Always wanted one.

Well, I'm not against all Japanese TF's. In fact, I was hoping for Galaxy Convoy to win, for the simple reason that I missed out on him back when the toy was still available. I wasn't even a collector at the time. :lol:

That is cool. Hopefully we do get a Transformers airplane that has not an entire robot on the underside. I think it is cool but I'd rather buy a repaint of it. The design looks o.k but I don't like how far the helmet sticks out of top of the vehicle. Maybe it will be a little bit more smoothed out in the final product. It seems like it is accurate to the show however.

The kind the helmet is designed it looks like it will be a smaller robot inside a giant robot. I'm really hoping we get a cool transformation scheme and great articulation.... ...with double joints on the elbows and knees. ^_^

Guest davidwhangchoi

God Ginrai is from Masterforce. That should be the second Japanese series.If you're asking about Star Saber (aka the guy getting an MP), he's from Transformers Victory, which is the series after Masterforce.If you're asking about Dai Atlas (who I mentioned), he's from Transformers Zone, which is a bizarre movie that takes place after Victory.

Ok, that clears some stuff up. Looks like i haven't fully watched masterforce as well, (i thought i did but now remember i stopped midway. I should pick it up again perhaps checking this mp in the show can be motivation.

so we're talking about fans pick mp star saber? i never watched the 3 japanese only "g1" series so there is no nostalgia factor for me. I also don't like the character design that much...we'll see when the toy pictures come if im at al interested in this. frankly i'm more excited for 3P offerings at the moment.

Guest davidwhangchoi

my lambor ko came in today. package came torn and crushed. (i guess that's what 1.50 shipping gets. lol) i expected it and don't care bc it's a KO. i'll post pictures later tonight. this is my first sideswipe mp so i don't have a reference to compare it to. i'm planning on getting the real thing if or when hlj carries the re-stock.

shipment package photos:

photo1_zps1905f8b2.jpgphoto2_zps516b4960.jpgphoto4_zpsb2acb505.jpgphoto3_zps150f352e.jpg

guy sent it in an envelope no packing and viola: crushed package!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

my lambor ko came in today. package came torn and crushed. (i guess that's what 1.50 shipping gets. lol) i expected it and don't care bc it's a KO. i'll post pictures later tonight. this is my first sideswipe mp so i don't have a reference to compare it to. i'm planning on getting the real thing if or when hlj carries the re-stock.

shipment package photos:

photo1_zps1905f8b2.jpgphoto2_zps516b4960.jpgphoto4_zpsb2acb505.jpgphoto3_zps150f352e.jpg

guy sent it in an envelope no packing and viola: crushed package!

oh boy....did i get you into MP TF with that TRU soundwave thing a while back? I have both real and ko sideswipe...my ko is from an early batch (not sure if they were ever improved upon). the paint is superior to my offical TT version but due to some clearnce/dimensional issues the front wheels sometimes have tough time rolling well and something about the torso doesn't snap 100% right. still for a completely knocked off thing....its pretty close and looks far better than my official one in alt mode for sure. not sure if later versions of the ko fixed the issues. i know the ko red alert doesn't have the aforementioned torso issue and the wheels do roll fine.

Yeah the plane mode is kinda derpy. I like it ok in robot mode but... every seeker I've had I've wanted to sell. haha.

Meh. The big plastic cape looks like a big pain in the butt too.

If anybody wants my BBTS PO maybe I can cancel it and you can keep an eye out for it. I heard it's not selling well in china though, so there should be a big dump of excess product in a few weeks that drive down the price.

Edited by Gakken85

In a discussion completely unrelated to recent toys, I've got a question, and maybe the truck guys in the audience can help me out.

Since RotF Leader Optimus was brought up, I got mine out and started playing with him. In bot mode, it's just a little taller than MP-10. So I transform both of them, and set them side by side. I'm looking at the lines where the doors should be, the side view mirrors (or the protrusions of plastic that are supposed to evoke the idea of mirrors on Leader Prime), and the size of the tires. It looked to me as if, were MP-10 and Leader Prime's alt modes actually in the same scale, that RotF Leader Prime should be smaller.

So I grab MP-10's trailer, and prop it up on Leader Prime's 5th wheel. Yep, the trailer looks too small. From movie stills, the trailer should be a bit taller, a little longer, and ever so slightly wider.

Thing is, I kind of sort of remember, WAAAY back when the first movie was coming out and everyone was complaining that Optimus wasn't a cab over engine style truck, that Michael Bay said something about picking the truck he did because, had he used a cab over engine truck, the resulting bot mode would have been too small. Yet, if I'm right in thinking that Leader Prime should be smaller to be in scale with MP-10, then the resulting decrease would take a robot that's a shade taller than MP-10 and make him a shade shorter than MP-10. In other words, you get the bigger bot from the cab over engine truck than the conventional.

And yes, before anyone says anything, I do get that the way each toy transforms has a lot to do with the size of the bot modes, ex. the way MP-10's legs contract when transforming vs. the way Leader Prime's legs fold fold out and double in length in truck mode. But please, someone tell me I'm not crazy, and that Leader Prime really should be a little smaller to be in scale with MP-10.

I'm still waiting on the MP-11 Skywarp. It would be nice to have the original Skywarp in alt-mode and the MP-11 robot-mode next to him. Hopefully Takara makes one some day but seeing how they go full force into the car line I'm pessimistic that we'll see one soon. :(

Sorry Mike can't help you with that. In fact I had to read your question a second time before I fully understood it. :)

Edited by Scyla

The simple answer is that the toys are not proportionate to the real thing. As in, within each other. The sizes/ratios are all wrong. Looks ok, but if you really do a side-by-side comparison to the real thing----you'll see lots of things are "off". And that screws everything up for trying to do a size/scale comparison.

Think of it like----a 1/24 hood with a 1/32 bunk with a 1/28 grill with 1/26 fenders with 1/30 wheels with 1/25 doors all on a 1/22 chassis. It's sorta close, the parts fit together enough with some blending---but nothing is really quite right.

Or even simpler----ROTF Prime is as accurate to the real truck, as G1 Sideswipe is to a real Countach.

Yup, it's a Countach. But it sure isn't a "scale model" of one---proportions are definitely off, if you know what the real one really looks like. (this is a big reason people think MP Sideswipe looks "off" with his hood-chest----because he is now an accurate replica with a correctly-shaped hood, whereas the toy had a longer, skinnier hood)

reduced-galery_image_3303_7203.jpg

For all the "big complex recent" Primes, the wheels/tires are especially wrong, and screws up the proportions a lot. Also overall chassis length. They are "compressed" length-wise.

So today I fiddled with my Masterpiece Bluestreak. It is very cool and I think he sold me on the Lambor mold. I normally collect repaints but Red Alert doesn't do it for me and G2 Sideswipe looks cool (the black paint should prevent the paint issue from the first issue) but I don't dig the accessories and the G2 logo. So I guess Lambor here we go. I still fish they where a head bigger because I can do without the Convoy trailer gimmick.

Not I have to decide if I like the Soundblaster enough to preorder it and get the four cassettes from Soundwave to have all bases covered. ^_^

Anyone see the generations whirl coming out? somehow that had slipped past me. i dont' really buy mainline figures anymore because they mostly feel kinda...cheap (yes i'm spoiled) but there are certain designs that appeal to me. i always like the more realistic alt mode and mechanical look (more mecha than sentient robot) of g1 whirl and this looks like a faithful update. i noticed this just wen up for preorder at bbts. oh and it has an official gerwalk mode. Whirl_generations_voyager.jpg

Edited by Mechapilot77

Whirl looks like the G1 toy, which is alright, I guess.

Thing is, IDW's psychotic take on the character has turned him from duller than dirt to a fan favorite. So, and it's really rare that you'll hear me say this, I was actually hoping for less G1...

all of the "year of the X" decos are so gaudy and blingy. i think they are catering to (and not to be racist here) chinese tastes....specifically the new borugeous class of china...they love showy things. this is the same generation that got G1 figures about t a decade after we did and are man childing it up right now.

Edited by Mechapilot77