The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Just gonna leave this here. TF-related, disturbingly hilarious and makes you wonder if the poster was serious or just trolling.

oh man, that was so wonderful. I'd sign, but all the good MLP, Erector, Nexus Maximus and Carbombya jokes have already been taken.

My video review:

I got mine Tuesday morning and I love it.

aIyKDp2l.jpg

I'm really, amazingly stoked for Wheeljack! I pre-ordered two, and one bumblebee. I'm crossing my fingers that his ears will light-up!!

Lancia+Stratos+Turbo+Gr.+5,.jpg

I hope the 30th anni voting yeilds a Starsaber MP! That would be tits.

Cool! Where did you get Tigertrack? I'm hearing he's gonna be difficult to get. I preordered mine off BBTS but have no idea if that's gonna get fulfilled.

Edit: Just watched that...good review! :)

Edited by xrentonx

Thanks! Comments and suggestions are welcome.

I know a guy up in New york selling at a decent price considering you get domestic shipping.

http://www.lunartoystore.com/products/masterpiece-mp-12t-tigertrack-pre-order

I'm pretty sure he has some in stock, even though it says pre-order. Send him an email.

I got my lambor from him back in Feb and I can vouch for him. I talk to him on gchat all the time. Good shipping and legit products.

He's this Chinese American fellow trying to start a business and specializes in 3rd party stuff.

Edited by Gakken85

I like everything about the Takara. That dark blue! The pointer longer smoke stacks, and the extra deco and silver color in the trailer.

and the box and booklet! oh god the box!

The legs seem a lot stiffer on this one over my Hasbro version too. Not sure why but they felt loose out of the box.

Edited by Gakken85

1343074438_5_1343078019.jpg

Silver paint. Plus the silver in the dark blue for all the seats, and in the cockpit. Looks much better imo.

And roller is different colors of course.

Maybe the stacks are the same.

The Hasbro light blue just looks cheap and cartoony. Kind of like the bright red on the fire valk. haha.

The Dark blue reminds me of the Toy I used to hold as a child.

Edited by Gakken85

1343074438_5_1343078019.jpg

The Hasbro light blue just looks cheap and cartoony. Kind of like the bright red on the fire valk. haha.

The Dark blue reminds me of the Toy I used to hold as a child.

I have basically the opposite reaction. I grew up on the cartoon, and in my mind Optimus is red and blue... like the Hasbro MP-10. The blue on the Takara version may be similar to the toy, but my parents never bought me the original Optimus, so it's just too dark to me. Almost purple. Then there's his dull, dead eyes. Definitely loving the Hasbro eyes better.

Yeah I had the original and the Dark blue was the best. I hear a lot of people had a hard time getting the original or something, and their first prime was the power masters version.

Anyway, his eyes SHOULD be yellow, so neither are that correct, but it doesn't bother me much.

Yeah I had the original and the Dark blue was the best. I hear a lot of people had a hard time getting the original or something, and their first prime was the power masters version.

Anyway, his eyes SHOULD be yellow, so neither are that correct, but it doesn't bother me much.

I love you, man. My first Optimus Prime was the Power Master version, but I got a Takara reissue of the original a few years ago. I love the dark blue, and I've long been a fan of yellow eyes on Optimus. I even painted the eyes on my Classics Op.

The original G1 toy had yellow eyes, yeah... I'll even grant you that the Marvel comic book did, but the cartoon didn't, Power Master Optimus didn't, G1 Prime in Beast Wars didn't, Dreamwave G1 Prime didn't, IDW Dreamwave Prime doesn't. Next you'll be telling me that you think Megatron's helmet should be black, or that Galvatron's primary color is silver.

The original G1 toy had yellow eyes, yeah... I'll even grant you that the Marvel comic book did, but the cartoon didn't, Power Master Optimus didn't, G1 Prime in Beast Wars didn't, Dreamwave G1 Prime didn't, IDW Dreamwave Prime doesn't. Next you'll be telling me that you think Megatron's helmet should be black, or that Galvatron's primary color is silver.

to be fair, Galvatron's G1 toy was grey with navy blue, not silver.

IMHO, Hasbro has the overall better cab/bot due to the painted marker lights, more "amber" clear plastic instead of lemon-yellow, and bright eyes.

Takara clearly has the better trailer.

But Prime himself is more important than the trailer.

I think Takara's blue is inherently better---Prime had navy-ish blue on the cartoon, too. Not as dark as the G1 toy, but still closer to JP MP-10 than US MP-10.

Painting the eyes is fairly easy due to how the head comes apart, but swapping the clear bits is difficult, as is painting the marker lights due to how they're molded. Sadly, MP Sideswipe is impossible to paint his eyes---they're permanently dark. I've not seen anyone manage to do it. I'd have done it the first day if I could.

That's cool and all, but MP-10 is a recreation of the original G1, not the power master. And I don't dig on beast wars... no clue what dreamwave is. haha

I've got the original G1 Galvatron (with working lights and sound! :D) on my nightstand. I've had him for 25+ years. He is gray and purple (darkish blue purple?) with some silver chrome and reddish orange accents.

As for Hasbro's MP-10, when you get into those super light color plastics like that they just look cheap, even if they aren't. Kind of like the Yamato Fire Valk that looks like a clown. The light blue legs and super light gray plastic just didn't do it for me. And yeah the trailor makes a world of difference. It also reminds me of the original toy and many memories as a child. In short, dark eyes aren't enough for me to wish I had the Hasbro version. One is a recreation masterpiece with accurate colors, and one is a repaint with non-accurate colors, even if the eyes look a little better.

But that doesn't mean the Hasbro sucks. Some people prefer the cartoon colors, and hey, something else to collect.

Also, from a collectable standpoint the Takara version generally holds its value and commands a higher price. As a collector I want a really nice box and packaging. The Hasbro Packaging is a low level torture device and a real pain to store.

I like the Cartoon. I'm even rewatching it, but the Cartoon was made to advertise the toys. To me, the original G1 Toys are Canon. And that's all I gotta say about that. haha. I mean, we're all here for the toys.

Edited by Gakken85

So I got Thundercracker recently and I'm not really digging it.

I wanted a Kawamori-designed Seeker, and it was the cheapest one without the hip kibble. But it's kinda wonky. The chest doesn't lock into place and moves when you move the arms, the entire torso doesn't lock into place and slides whenever I pick it up. Also the nose in jet mode doesn't seem to really fit tightly together and leaves a small gap between the canopy pieces.

Plus the thing is huge and I just don't know how much room I have for toys that aren't valkyries.

Maybe I'll stick with Macross for transforming jets and Transformers for the cars only.

yeah, the lack of chest locking together at all is super annoying. I ended up making a clip out of metal to hold him together in robot mode. Conveniently it fits behind the the seat in fighter mode.