DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

No prob. I am stuck on nightshift anywas and we have no outages to attend to.

04/01 is a bad day because it's the start of the japanese fiscal year. All personnel changes and new years planning begins on this day. Chances are it was too busy to attempt a preorder and they moved it back. I should have caught that earlier having worked in japanese companies since college lol

Edited by Duymon

can anyone elaborate what Bandai is saying on that Otona no Chogokin Apollo 11 re-release?

God I hope they re-release Shuttle endeavor!!!!!!!!

A bit OT for this thread, but they're actually making Apollo 13 this time, with a new "splash-down" display. See here: http://tamashii.jp/special/o_chogokin/spec/index06.php

Based on that, I'm hoping/guessing that a new shuttle will be like an 80's Atlantis or something--the "iconic" scheme.

A bit OT for this thread, but they're actually making Apollo 13 this time, with a new "splash-down" display. See here: http://tamashii.jp/special/o_chogokin/spec/index06.php

Based on that, I'm hoping/guessing that a new shuttle will be like an 80's Atlantis or something--the "iconic" scheme.

Thanks for the info, I just noticed it was Apollo 13 and not 11, looks like I have something new to chase.

Ok enough OT...

Much cheaper! Nippon Yasan marks up based on demand...so they're kind of like scalpers. If you get in on their first batch of preorders, then the pricing is on par with every other place.

They reopen their preorders at a higher pricing after all of the first round preorders are filled (they do this a couple times). The higher pricing reflects the fact that their cost goes up because they have to purchase the extra stock from other stores (not other distributors who sell to them at the lower reseller's price). This is all a guess but I think it's pretty accurate for their MO.

That $400 markup is probably because that copy was sitting around for a long time with no sign of a re-release to drive down the price. They try to sell it at that excessive price because of demand.

Edited by xrentonx

Much cheaper! Nippon Yasan marks up based on demand...so they're kind of like scalpers. If you get in on their first batch of preorders, then the pricing is on par with every other place.

They reopen their preorders at a higher pricing after all of the first round preorders are filled (they do this a couple times). The higher pricing reflects the fact that their cost goes up because they have to purchase the extra stock from other stores (not other distributors who sell to them at the lower reseller's price). This is all a guess but I think it's pretty accurate for their MO.

That $400 markup is probably because that copy was sitting around for a long time with no sign of a re-release to drive down the price. They try to sell it at that excessive price because of demand.

nice! how much you think these pre-orders will be? last?

I appreciate the help there !

Hard to say. The preorders go very fast (might last a minute or two) so the window for the initial batch is tiny. I was only able to get in the second batch at the slightly higher markup last time. The second batch lasted longer. There was a third batch at an even higher markup (no where near $400 though) and that lasted quite awhile. Just hope you get in on the first or second batch. The third batch wasn't too bad of a markup though.

I can't remember how much the markup for the second batch was but I think they increased the price about 20 bucks. Someone with a better memory than me, please chime in.

when is the window gonna open exactly?? tonight?? or tomorrow night??

I hope I cant get one early at 5 in the morning, when I would wake up for work. I still see Lukas VF for pre order on NY so I am a bit hopeful i can get one.

which one are you looking to get VF-Zer0S??? VF-25???

Should be around 12:00 AM around our time but it could be anytime after 12 for a small window of time. I don't think anyone really knows what time exactly. That's why people turn on their computers and hit f5 constantly for an hour or two until it appears then buy

Edited by Valkyrie Magnus

Anyone else notice AmiAmi took down the VF-25 renewal listing? Could be a positive sign they are preparing to re-list the re-stock as scheduled tomorrow.

Yeap, I bookmarked the page and it was working fine, now it gives an error. I will be ready for this one.

sweet, just to make sure,,, I too want to be ready for this one!.. so I will have AmiAmi in one window and Nippon-Yassan in the other side by side. What are other websites that will host this tonight?? those are the only ones that i know off.