Custom VF-1E kits (sth. like single seat ve-1)

IScustom

Dear All,

NOW THIS KIT IS READY FOR GRAB HERE!!

Project complete!

Dear All,

Sorry for letting you wait so long. Today I finally got this kit and here are some pictures of the battroid mode.

Generally, Shapeways did a very good job, the resolution is indeed up to 0.1 mm, as they claimed. Another good thing is my design should be OK to give the converted VF-1E a good looking.

However, the accuracy is not as good as I expected. If later on you got the kit, you need to put a little time on a slight sanding. I spent 1.5 to 2 hours to do it to assemble the kit together.

Pictures for three modes are updated here!

I am doing a final trimming on 3 parts: 1) enlengthen the top engine by 3%, 2) enlarge the top dome by 3.5%, and 3) simplify the arm connection.

Thanks for your support.

IS

photo18.jpg

photo19.jpg

photo20.jpg

photo21.jpg

photo22.jpg

photo23.jpg

photo24.jpg

photo25.jpg

photo26.jpg

photo27.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo12.jpg

photo16.jpg

Hi Team,

Say hello to everybody here! Nice to find this lovely place for macross fans.

This is first post, and what I am bringing here is my custom kit design, named VF-1E. Basically, it can be considered as a single-seat VE-1 version. My aim is to make this kit plug-in-and-play for 1/48 line. Totally 27 components included. Pictures shown in the CAD design GUI are given below.

Now 1 prototype is being printed in shapeways. In about one week time I will share with you the pictures on the real thing. I am also doing some fine tuning to minimize the material without lossing any solidity.

Any suggestions for improving it are greatly welcome.

IS

Big picture

Vf-1E_pic1.jpg

Shapeways picture (printable version)

Vf-1E_pic9.jpg

Edited by IScustom

If I can afford this, I am so all over this that it's not even funny!! Two questions though... (1)

will this be durable material?, and (2) are you planning on doing a VF-1T as well?

I am glad to see & support any projects that further enhance the 1/48 Yammies! Still in awe of these figures even if Yamato never makes another version of them.

So who is exactly building this gwfalcon or 1S?

gwfalcon has been know to have friends pop in on the forum.

He really confused some folks in Grahams for sale threads LOL.

Looks like a really cool project, can't wait to see the final results.

Edited by Loop

This looks really cool. Is there a possibility of a scaled down version for the 1/60 v2 Valkyries? This may help fill the gap for those of us who missed out on the VE-1.

Thanks!! Sorry but at this stage 1/60 ver is not on the agenda since Yamato has released the perfect v2. Most of the components in this VF-1E are designed particularly for 1/48 valks, such as the engine top connection sockets and leg shell. I will see whether I have time to do a 1/60 version after I clean my current projects at hand.

If I can afford this, I am so all over this that it's not even funny!! Two questions though... (1)

will this be durable material?, and (2) are you planning on doing a VF-1T as well?

I am glad to see & support any projects that further enhance the 1/48 Yammies! Still in awe of these figures even if Yamato never makes another version of them.

The material will be strong white flexible (the most common one in shapeways). Should be quite duraible.

Yeah, you got me man. VF-1T is in progress. To be frank, the 1T design is much easier, and the only challenging problem is how to connect the custom engine with Valks' back. Almost fixed it and I should be able to share 3D design pictures in 2-3 weeks. Within this period, I may try to complete some other valks that are missing in the 1/48 line, ^_^

Awesome! I've gotten inquiries about making a kit like this but I just don't have the time... I'll send everyone that PM'd me a message pointing to this thread.

Hi EXO, many thanks for your kind words! Really appreciated for your support!

So who is exactly building this gwfalcon or 1S?

I knew gwfalcon for quite a while. Actually a couple of compoents are based on his intermediate design.

gwfalcon has been know to have friends pop in on the forum.

He really confused some folks in Grahams for sale threads LOL.

Looks like a really cool project, can't wait to see the final results.

Thanks loop. I will get the thread updated once I got the real parts.

Edited by IScustom

Thanks!! Sorry but at this stage 1/60 ver is not on the agenda since Yamato has released the perfect v2. Most of the components in this VF-1E are designed particularly for 1/48 valks, such as the engine top connection sockets and leg shell. I will see whether I have time to do a 1/60 version after I clean my current projects at hand.

Thanks! I hope you get around to it. The 1/60 v2 VE-1's are nearing unobtanium status, and since Yamato has seen fit to release unpainted VF kits, I bet these would go together and sell very well since there are lots of folks who missed out on the VE-1's.

Thanks! I hope you get around to it. The 1/60 v2 VE-1's are nearing unobtanium status, and since Yamato has seen fit to release unpainted VF kits, I bet these would go together and sell very well since there are lots of folks who missed out on the VE-1's.

Nice suggestion, buddy. I will try to put my hand on the 1/60 vf-1e, ^_^, but before that, let me finish the VF-1T (1/48), which is about 80% ready.

This would be awesome

Thanks man, for your kind words.

BTW, team, not a real update but I should be able to upload real pictures around this weekend, or by latest early next week. Thanks for all your support!!

Edited by IScustom

When your VF-1E parts are a success, I think the proper cockpits & canopy's are in order too!! :D

^_^, hope so. Actually Capitan America's 1D kit can be partially used to make this kit more VE-1, but it is really challenging to me to model the chest part in the 3D environment. Poor skill... Thanks for your support!

IS

Edited by IScustom

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome work! Are u using Solidworks for the CAD?

Thanks for your kind words!

Awww man, you're sick, can't wait to see the result!! :-)

^_^, thanks. I just updated this thread, kindly check the top post.

you should also see if you can make the conversion parts for a VEFR-1

Thank you for your suggestion. I will consider it for sure!!

Pictures for three modes updated!

Generally very good, find I can give a minor imporvement for three parts. Will make it ready today.

The kit will be ready for collection within 72 hours by latest (hould be 99% eariler).

Looks pretty good. So are these available through Shapeways???

Yeah, within 72 hours.

Looks like it came out really good. Way to go.

Thanks man, for your constant support!

So when do we start ordering?

In 72 hours. Will PM you.

Amazing job, congratulations!

Thank you for your support and kind words!!

• 2 weeks later...

I think some of your guys may already have your order at hand.

I just upload several pictures at the top post of the VF-1E Sale Thread. Please check whether your order is complete. If not, kindly let me the item you miss so I can help to contact Shapeways to raise complaints and ship the missed ones to you.

I will upload a more complete instruction manual in a couple of days. Thanks for your patience.

IS

I recieved a couple message on a couple of parts are missing in their pack. For these cases, kindly share these information of your order with me:

order date

order amount (how many sets)

material (white strong flexible, or WSF polished)

order number

Also, if you dont mind, please let me have your name and your email (and shipping address). Then I will contact shapeways tonight and forward the email to you.

Please do a double check and fully confirm with me a clear list on what items you miss.

Sorry again for the trouble caused.

Cheers,

IS

Thanks for the support from you guys!

The biggest problem I have faced recently is that Shapeways alwasys misses a couple of parts. The solution is:

1) after getting your order, please refer 11 pictures I uploaded to the VF-1E sale thread here to check the completeness,

2) kindly let me know what parts you miss (Do hope it will not happen to you ^_^)

3) I will then pass your more high-resolution pictures and you can then forward to shapeways for a reprinting of the missing parts. They do process this very fast (within a day normally)

Cheers,

IS