1/60 VF-0A w/ ghost, Is it Really THAT bad?

Archer

I picked up a VF-0A a few months ago and its been transformed once and other than that its been sat in my display cabinet.

Today i got it out to change the pose and the left arm fell apart at the bicep, also its arms are so floppy that they cannot hold its gunpod - needless to say i am severely pissed off.

Its definitely the worst yamato toy from a QC perspective.

Edited by Nicaragua

• 3 weeks later...

I got the replacements (actually the whole arms) from overdrive at the begining of last year. I think I paid 15 bucks for both arms. My VF-0A has gone through numerous transformnations and the arms are holding up fine.

Thanks. I wonder if they still accept orders for replacements? The shoulders of my VF-0A just disintegrated.

Thanks. I wonder if they still accept orders for replacements? The shoulders of my VF-0A just disintegrated.

Overdrive stopped accepting orders for replacements ages ago, I'm sorry!!

If you got yours through HLJ you can shoot them an email and try.

If you're worried about the shoulder problems or anything breaking then the best policy is to LEAVE it in plane mode. I have yet to transform any of my valks cause I'm afraid I'll break something and than the hefty price, that I paid for them, will go down the toilet. I love Macross for the fighter designs and NOT the robot modes. And that's my 2 cents. ^_^

Edited by Muzaffar

• 2 weeks later...

I wish Yamato would revisit these. I have been always in awe at the sight of Shin's VF-0A with the Ghost. It has a great contrast with being a futuristic transforming fighter plane with a realistic, modern color scheme.

I agree. It has a very contemporary look to it, until the ghost goes up, and the fact that it transforms. It gives the Valkyrie a sense of realism that I don't think had been felt since, or after. I just took out my Shin 0A w/ booster yesterday. While I didn't take it out the box, that thing is beautiful. I think I am going to take out the standard edition 0A.

As for Yamato revisiting these, I couldn't agree more. They need to do these, and add the 0D with it. I'd buy the set all over again.

• 2 weeks later...

for me, the three Mac 0 planes to get are the 0A Shin with Ghost(Which u have) The 0S Roy with Ghost and Noras SV-51. those are the three of kine that are all in great shape with not even a HINT of trouble. The older 0S and 0A are a bit more hit or miss, and the Black SV-51 is a bit floppy or my tastes.

At this point I'd say get any of the new release VF-0's that you can, the line didn't do too well and wasn't the most popular so I'm really doubting they'll put out more. It's weird, the Mac-0 line caught a lot of flack, the toys were beautiful but they had the worst QC of any Macross toy Yamato has put out, and yet now they're some of the most expensive and most difficult figures to get a hold of. As far as an SV-51 goes, good luck, I don't think they did any re-releases on those, no update versions, it was just the luck of the draw with the Ivanov being the worst and the CF being the latest and most durable release.

Actually, I've heard that the SV-51, outside of the ivanov, was truly the first macross toy you could buy from them without fear of it crumbling away in your hands right out of the box.

Of course, Yamato has come a long way since then though, with toys you can actually manhandle now...

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I've heard that the SV-51, outside of the ivanov, was truly the first macross toy you could buy from them without fear of it crumbling away in your hands right out of the box.

Of course, Yamato has come a long way since then though, with toys you can actually manhandle now...

I agree, my SV-51 CF has held up so far while my VF-0A requires constant maintenance(i.e. superglue). The Phoenix is still one of my favorite jets though.

I've just got myself the 0A Shin Kudo Ghost bundle set in few days ago thru Ebay, no doubt that it's a beautiful bird when it's topped by the little ghost brother! But compare to the reissued VF-0A CF type, it could be the most floppy mac plane that I've ever owned! As for my 0S, no problem at all! :)

My Nora type had a split hinge on the left wing, and the right hinge had stress marks. I had to send it back to HLJ, who brought it back to Yamato for repairs.