A 3D version of "Top Gun' is coming in 2012

rdenham

BTW, to the OP, posting a news article usually helps:

'Top Gun' Coming to Theaters in 3D (Hollywood Reporter)

By using the worst kind of 3D.

I'm so excited for this that ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Again I will say this, how is a film that was originally produced in 2D gonna look better in 3D?

Hope they CG in more topless volleyball.

I hope they CG in someone cuter than Kelly McGillis and shorter so it doesn't look like she's molesting a young boy when she's with 'Cruise.

Hope they CG out the entire movie. Top Gun sucked salty %&$%(#$

Ha! Even back then I thought it was a really hokey movie. Didn't keep me from buying it on every goddamn format though... :rolleyes:

You know, I may have just had the best idea ever for how to improve this movie.

So, most times I ever watch Top Gun, I skip over any scene not directly involving aircraft. I want a Viewer's Cut version. Only aircraft scenes. Plus dubbing over all lines with recorded lines from actual pilots, using actual terminology.

Or better yet.. The Top Gun: Ultimate Jet Noise Edition. Every line spoken by every character is dubbed over by a variety of sounds of aircraft engines. Every time someone opens their mouth, the sounds of engines play. I'm really tempted to do this with the trailer now, and put it on youtube.

At the very least... I want a short documentary on the origin of the phrase "Zone Five" and instructions on proper usage of the term. I've heard that particular one misued in the stupidest ways, more times than I care to count. dry.gif

Edited by Chronocidal

They should do a 3D aviation marathon featuring Top Gun, Iron Eagle, Fire Birds and Stealth, with that IMAX snooze-fest Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag as the opener.

Oh man, I watched that imax film Fighter Pilot, you're totally right, it was so disappointing. I mean, it had some nice footage, but they had a collosal amount of fake bomb drops and bullet sprays (too hollywood....just fireballs, no fragmentations) and I think even some CGI aircraft?