Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

Is the cap part that sits behind the canopy loose when the canards are pulled out, or does it sit too high. It attaches thru on screw you might have tighten it down. Its under the armature that connects the forward fuselage

Edited by Pierre

you know, it actually would have been real poetic if YAMATO would've managed to squeeze out a YF-19 1/60v.II as their swan song, kind of coming full circle like...

(( Yammie beginning operations as they did with their first product being the 1/72 YF-19, and ceasing them with a 1/60v.II iteration of the same ))

Edited by Shaorin

you know, it actually would have been real poetic if YAMATO would've managed to squeeze out a YF-19 1/60v.II as their swan song, kind of coming full circle like...

(( Yammie beginning operations as they did with their first product being the 1/72 YF-19, and ceasing them with a 1/60v.II iteration of the same ))

In that case, I guess holding onto my 1/72 YF-19 would have some kind of sentimental value hahaha.

to be honest, I've considered selling it at one point, because of how bad I felt it was..

Got it with one of my very first pay checks afterall.

VF-19P_pilot_01_zpsff49d9ae.jpg

That was a great idea, GGemini!

Thanks!

What did you make him from GGemini?

Was that a cast of a TV vf-1 pilot. I been toying with the idea of casting the vf-0 pilot for my vf-19p

It was a TV VF-1 pilot. Altered the head, added the shoulder pads + paint. Basara can play his guitar somewhere else and let a real pilot fly the 19P :lol:

Apparently Yamato didn't really do much to make the shoulder pauldrons on the 19P attaches securely unless mine is a fluke. The other day, I was taking it out of fighter mode and was unlatching the shoulder from the back of the leg and the shoulder cover popped right off. I couldn't find any pegs that would keep it in place. All that was really there was a tiny bit of glue at the end. It looks like it could have supported a metal pin, which I guess was left over from the Kai. The cover piece didn't have any holes for a pin though. In the end, I just had to glue it back in place and hope it holds.

If there was nothing to hold it on, the tab probably broke. When I removed one of the shoulders from mine, I think there was a pretty sizable tab in the center that held the shoulder down.

Really, the easiest fix would be to drill out the covers, and put a pin where there's supposed to be one. It would actually give some support to let you lift the shoulders like you're supposed to.

Apologies for the double post, but an interesting case study in exactly how precise and interconnected all the pieces on the VF-19 are...

So, I'd been wondering why the shield on one of my 19Ps didn't fit right, and the wings didn't line up.

Mid trans, one of the little vent pieces popped out of one of the shoulders, and when I looked underneath it, I realized that the shoulder had a gap between the halves of the speaker pieces.

Upon taking it apart, I realized that one of the pins on the undersides houlder flap was too big from a small mold flaw.

I trimmed the peg, and all the fit issues with the shield and wings magically disappeared. It fits perfectly now.

On another note, yes, the P's shoulder covers do have a big vertical tab they attach with. Doesn't seem to keep them on very well though, and until I glue that shoulder back down, I've got no way to unlock that leg. They really should have kept the pins in there for strength. <_<

Edited by Chronocidal

Yeah, the tab on mine didn't look broken. It's just that it did nothing to hold the shoulder down even slightly.

No matter how hard I look on my 19F, I can't figure out why the wings don't seem to fit right. It's as if the wings don't really fit the shape of the legs. They seem alright in GERWALK, but as soon as I put the legs up for fighter, the legs prevent them from attaching as well as my 19P or S. I might as well check those flaps too because I'm at a loss on what the source of the problem is.

Yeah, pinning down exactly what's keeping things from fitting right is a tricky process. If you've got two, I'd just start examining every major seam and sub-assembly, checking the fit and seeing if you find any differences.

The thing that made one of mine not fit together was the slot underneath the wing glove. There's a tab on the back of the lower thigh that plugs into the wing glove, and one of my 19Fs had some excess plastic in that slot that kept the thigh from plugging in correctly. Because it didn't lock in, the entire leg/wing/tail connection was messed up.

It'd be worth looking at the shoulders too though. If something isn't fitting right with them, they can throw the entire thing off.

Edited by Chronocidal

tolerances on these Valks are exceedingly tight. to the degree in fact

that one really needs to have a dozen+ transformations under their belt to understand exactly how everything fits together.

also, the slight wear from many transformations helps to limber up and break in the mechanism,

allowing everything to be massaged into place a bit more smoothly with less fuss.

all you really need to master this Valk series is intimate knowledge of exactly how everything all fits together,

and exactly where and how to apply physical pressure in order to make everything lock/unlock...

LulzVF-19-Pilots1.jpg

GAWD, that 19P Basara sculpt sucks... :blink:

Edited by Shaorin

it continues to amaze me; how beautifully engineered the Yammie 1/60 VF-19k/S/F/P is.

one transformation after another, it just falls into place and locks together so precisely...

without question, the 19S is my personal favorite MACROSS toy of all time, and is likely to remain so for the foreseeable future... :wub:

it continues to amaze me; how beautifully engineered the Yammie 1/60 VF-19k/S/F/P is.

one transformation after another, it just falls into place and locks together so precisely...

without question, the 19S is my personal favorite MACROSS toy of all time, and is likely to remain so for the foreseeable future... :wub:

I have to agree I just can't get enough of posing and transforming the toy. I just can't get over the lacking Gerwalk-Mode but the VF-19S sits on the desk in a deep kneeling pose aiming his gun. Quite awsome!

Gerwalk-Mode would be cool when posing the toy on a stand but I don't have one. Also the VF-19 seems so heavy that know Yamato stand can hold it firmly.

But those are nitpicks and for cool Gerwalk toys I have a VF-25S Renewal Armored Messiah. ;)

Loving my VF-19S and it makes me want to buy more Yamato M7 releases.

[edit: ] Is it safe to pose the toy for a longer period of time on one leg? The angle joints already seem to loosen up for Gerwalk. I'm a little bit worried and don't want to make it worse.

Edited by Scyla

So has anybody ever been able to take the intakes apart?

you can wedge a fine precision flattip in the leading edge there and pop the panels free without much hassle.

you might nick the paint if you're not careful; use MODEL MASTER "BLUE ANGELS YELLOW" for touchup.

in any case, you probably won't find much to get excited about under there though, just a screwhead to tighten a little.

even if you were to paint the SHALLOW internals flat black or the like, it would still look all wrong i think, YMMV.

best to leave them alone, or superglue them back in place if they fall off...

Edited by Shaorin

you can wedge a fine precision flattip in the leading edge there and pop the panels free without much hassle.

you might nick the paint if you're not careful; use MODEL MASTER "BLUE ANGELS YELLOW" for touchup.

in any case, you probably won't find much to get excited about under there though, just a screwhead to tighten a little.

even if you were to paint the SHALLOW internals flat black or the like, it would still look all wrong i think, YMMV.

best to leave them alone, or superglue them back in place if they fall off...

or we bug Exo to make some proper intake fillers yeah?

Just looking at the line art, it should be possible (and more accurate?)

it's just too shallow in there on the actual model. turbine-detail panels would sit as shallowly as the stock cover panels do, and really look wrong in the process.

simply put, YAMATO's design just doesn't allow a fraction of free space in there to work with at all, and no amount of almighty Lineart will help that.

it was a tradeoff, between engine detail and fairly vital enhanced articulation of the hip-zone,

and YAMATO's engineer made the best possible compromise, YMMV...

Edited by Shaorin

Yeah, I was just gonna say, Operation Stargazer!! Although you don't really need Millia for that one.

;)

Anyway.... My Blu-ray of Macross FB7 just arrived. Now, I had my suspicions before, but now I am 100% convinced that the CG VF-19kai that appears in the animation is a tweaked CAD model of the Yamato VF19 mold. There is no denying it, the joints, the seams, the proportions, etc.

There, what more proof do you guys need? Best Macross toy ever. It is so good, that they retroactively fitted it into the anime itself. Yamato reinvented anime magic!!

I couldn't get screencaps with my software, but I'll see if I can just take a photo of the TV screen and show you what I mean. :)