Macross Zero ep3 screen shots

CF18

BT already show up on Chinese sites. I am sure a RAW will show up in newsgroup and other BT site in a few hours.

And holy crap this epsiode can still surpress the previous ones in the visual department, and also highly dramatic. There are just too much screen shot worth posting, I will just post a few that should not be too much spoiler.

First some under water dating.

post-2-1070051698_thumb.jpg

..................................................................................................OH mommy!!!.......I think I´m gonna faint :ph34r: ....

I´m speechless :blink: ....it´s so ....it´s....man it´s.....WOAH!

Missile Launching Destroid variant = Awesome

GBP= SWEEEEEEEEEET

APHOS = looks great , I just wonder where all this is going :p

I noticed that the SV-51 seems to have some sort of armour as well (look at the torso). Pretty neat IMO.

Just another comment : EAT YOUR FREAKING FINS NEMO !!!...ahem...I just liked the underwater scenes with the APHOS :unsure:

Edited by Aegis!

is it me or does the VF-0 GPB look like it is cel animated and not CG like the destroids?

vinnie

Its cel animated alright.... its probably because that scene would be way too hard to animate in CG and still get it to look good. :)

They did that before a couple times in the first 2 episodes. Most notably when Shin was firing at Nora using that crashed VF-0 and she flys down and kicks his arm off. Almost that entire sequence, including the walking gerwalk scene all the way to where Roy jumps in and saves his ass was all cel animation. Makes me just think about what could have been... :(

Holy Crap.

I must have it.

It just looks better and better, and this is only the 3rd part. I am really curious where they take this AFOS bit.

Bring on the VF-1's!!!

I watched it a while ago - definately the best episode yet. The art and animation are superb, they really took it to another level. Especially the CG animation, it's still not quite perfect but moves a lot better.

I was also really impressed with the music. No singing, but it just fit very well, and a nice ending credits song.

It's not an all action episode, the entire first half as none as it's devoted to plot (which was needed) and Roy fans should scale down their expectations - he's barely present in the episode. He has no scenes other than the sequence with the armoured valkyrie only says about three words during that. It's predominantly a Shin/Mao/Sara episode.

post-2-1070064979_thumb.jpg

Here's my 2 cents worth after looking at the RAW rip without (hopefully) giving away any spoilers.

Story:

Can't really comment much on that as I could only pick out some words, but not full sentences, so i can't really comment on where this was going, but indeed it has become more and more intriguing.

Animation:

2D animation aka characters seemed to be slightly lacklustre.... especially in the earlier part of the show.

However, 3D wise, it was fluid enough to make the 3D animation in the 1st 2 episodes look as if some heavy footed man learning ballet for the very first time.

Voice Acting:

Seiyuus are simply the best. these people who provided the voices ARE simply the characters they portray on screen.

Action:

This is where the the whole episode shines. Loads of action, very big action. Very nicely directed and chereographed. Kawamori et al has clearly outdone themselves theis time. I would benchmark the intensity of the action to the Battle of Helm's Deep in Lord of the Rings: The 2 Towers, as the battle scenes really brought out a sense of all-out battle as well clearly depicting the horrors and sadness that occur during war times.

I would like to talk more about the battlescenes. As far as i'm concerned, the real stars of the show was not the valkyries, but the Destroids. In SDF: Macross, they were mostly just Cannon Fodder, but here, they were clearly more than just that, as they play quite an important defence role and the action that they provided simply makes you go "whoa!!" You can just wipe a tear off your eyes as finally the animators finally gave the destroids their due respect and credit.

As for the variable fighters (they haven't been officially named valkyries yet), The animators actually thought up new maneuvers they haven't thought before. It just makes the Macross 7 valks look as though they just fly into battle and just stay stationary. Obviously this sets a very high standard for the following 2 episodes, and all i can say that if this keeps up, we'll really be in a visual treat.

My only beef with this episode? This episode was really too short (figuratively) and GBP-0S had too little screen time.

All in all, this is a must watch for all Macross lovers, subs or no subs. Get it now, even if you have to spend a week downloading it.

UN Spacy :huh: Sorry to hear that :(

The episode is EXCELLENT, I dunno what they said, only know a few words of japanese, but it didn't matter since the show was AWSOME, spend all the time you need to get it, mine downloaded the entire night, IT IS WELL WORTH IT, thrust me ;) After you watched it, you will be BEGGING for some more :lol:

Next Zero seems really far away :( Now I ust have to wait for the subs to find out what exactly they where saying in there :rolleyes: BY FAR THE BEST ZERO EP!!! Get it ASAP!!! ;)