What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

Damn, ep8 of Titan sure kept the action content high. Great stuff. The big reveal was basically what I was expecting. But more importantly- that slow motion punch! Lol

I was definitely expecting Eren to come back. What I wasn't expecting was Eren being inside the Titan as some sort of 'pilot'. I thought more along the lines of the Titans being humans that were modified by some yet unknown party. I look forward to seeing what they actually are. And they really do spectacular slow motion punches well in this series, don't they? A lot of stills though. I guess they have to spend the budget wisely.

Well, I finally finished Cardcaptor Sakura aka I have no idea why people like this junk. Most of it was boring, girly, filled with pointless slice of life junk, and the action was just handled poorly. This series probably would have gone better if they chopped it down some episodes or end at ep 46, kind of like Seven Samurai. I will admit, some episodes were surprisingly well done, the soundtrack is somewhat good, and Kero was adorably likeable. I will say this much: Out of all the magic girl junk out there, this is the second best of the junk after Vividred Operation and even then the only reason it has an edge is for the monsters of the week. Stay tuned as I will eventually take on the second movie. I am so miserable. :(

Edited by DuelGundam2099

For Oreimo fans.

Hmm. I gotta watch the latest episode of Oreimo. Has already recorded in my machine, but I have not watched it yet.

BTW, Sena Akagi's crane game prize figure seems to be released soon. ^_^

post-14942-0-77613700-1369610954_thumb.jpg

For Oreimo fans.

Hmm. I gotta watch the latest episode of Oreimo. Has already recorded in my machine, but I have not watched it yet.

BTW, Sena Akagi's crane game prize figure seems to be released soon. ^_^

I've never actually watched any of this, but it looks cute. maybe I should...

Yes, yes you should. Or to put it another way, if you enjoy shows like Genshiken or Otaku no Video, then you should be flogged for not already watching it.

I'm back from AnimeBoston, and here's my yearly haul.

Bodacious Space Pirates parts 1+2

Battle Girls: Time Paradox

Majikoi: Samurai Girls

Cat Planet Cuties(aka Bombshells from heaven)

Infinite Stratos

Dirty Pair TV part 2

Allison and Lillia part 2(waited from last years AB to get this classic)

Simoun

Kampfer fur die liebe

Qwaser of Sigmata season 1 and 2

Dairugger XV collection 2

Mad Bull 34

Castle of Cagliostro

Lupin the 3rd complete first series

Space Adventure Cobra feature film

Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo

Yeah my taste in anime is pretty much all over the place. Anyways I also won a super robot battlecry contest at a mecha panel I attended with the prizes being a pair of balls(RB-79 HGUC), Getter Robo Armageddon, and in something of a gag gift the first part of ADV's Aura Battler Dunbine. Its a joke because I'm not likely to EVER find the rest of the discs now, especially the last one. :p

In the first episode of the anime in the first season, Kirino, the younger sister actually "couldn't be this cute" then. And story did not start; it was just an introducing one. TBH, I didn't enjoy it. She was so disgusting...
But when the main characters especially Kuroneko appeared, I found the story is so amusing. And now I am really enjoying watching it.
If you had chance to watch "Lucky Star," you should do it in advance. And Steins; Gate, too. Better know about Akihabara a little.
The more you knew about the Otaku culture in Japan, the more interesting and amusing it would become.
Edited by antibiotictab

Forgot to mention Lucky Star. And coincidentally, I just finished Steins;Gate today (too-too-roo!). But back to Oreimo, don't waste your time DG, the show is so good, you're guarunteed to hate it. And I agree, the show teuly comes into it's own with Kuroneko and Manami.

Yes, yes you should. Or to put it another way, if you enjoy shows like Genshiken or Otaku no Video, then you should be flogged for not already watching it.

umm... TBH, I never really cared for Otaku no Video. I've only watched a tiny bit of Lucky star but it was funny. I guess I'll start with that first.

I'm back from AnimeBoston, and here's my yearly haul.

Bodacious Space Pirates parts 1+2

Battle Girls: Time Paradox

Majikoi: Samurai Girls

Cat Planet Cuties(aka Bombshells from heaven)

Infinite Stratos

Dirty Pair TV part 2

Allison and Lillia part 2(waited from last years AB to get this classic)

Simoun

Kampfer fur die liebe

Qwaser of Sigmata season 1 and 2

Dairugger XV collection 2

Mad Bull 34

Castle of Cagliostro

Lupin the 3rd complete first series

Space Adventure Cobra feature film

Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo

Yeah my taste in anime is pretty much all over the place. Anyways I also won a super robot battlecry contest at a mecha panel I attended with the prizes being a pair of balls(RB-79 HGUC), Getter Robo Armageddon, and in something of a gag gift the first part of ADV's Aura Battler Dunbine. Its a joke because I'm not likely to EVER find the rest of the discs now, especially the last one. :p

Congrats on winning the contest, but what in the name of all that is holy possessed you to buy Kampfer and Qwaser of Stigmata?! Saying they suck would be the understatement of the year. Unless of course you enjoy your fanservice to the fullest, in which case I won't say a thing because that they have and by the trainload.

Well, willpower lost out, and I signed up for that crunchyroll accoint. Just watchex Oreimo 2 ep 8.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That ending......If things don't work out in ep 9....

Wigh that said, totally added Squid Girl 2, Working 2, Titan, and a few others immediately into my queue.

Edited by Keith

Congrats on winning the contest, but what in the name of all that is holy possessed you to buy Kampfer and Qwaser of Stigmata?! Saying they suck would be the understatement of the year. Unless of course you enjoy your fanservice to the fullest, in which case I won't say a thing because that they have and by the trainload.

Well Qwaser is more or less bought just so I can say years later "Yeah remember that horrible, horrible show with the breast milk? I own that.". As for Kampfer I enjoyed the tv series because I saw it as a bit of a parody of several genre's like magical girl, fighting girl clothes shredding, and things like pokemon with the entrails animals.

I'm also toying with the idea of doing a panel on ecchi next year covering what it is, how its different from hentai, good shows(Najica and Freezing for example), and bad ones(Qwaser).

That's quite the haul there, renegade!

One of the things that I thought was cool about Steins;Gate was the fact that Radio Kaikan was used in the show. I'd been in that building on several occasions, so it was pretty neat to see it featured in an anime.

I just finished Steins;Gate today (too-too-roo!).

Both Mayuri Shiina and Kuroneko are played by the same VA, Kana Hanazawa. So different styles...

I am not a Seiyuu freak, but I can understand why they have many fans in Japan.

I'm actually often impressed by seiyuu that have large ranges of character types. One of the most recent examples for me is Satomi Satou, who played both the tomboyish Ritsu Tainaka in K-On! and the very soft-spoken and feminine Eru Chitanda in Hyouka.

I'm actually often impressed by seiyuu that have large ranges of character types. One of the most recent examples for me is Satomi Satou, who played both the tomboyish Ritsu Tainaka in K-On! and the very soft-spoken and feminine Eru Chitanda in Hyouka.

Yeah. Sato-san had usually played some gentle characters before and Ricchan was regarded as the exceptional. But now she has become the most famous character she has played.

Manami in Oreimo is also a Sato-san's character, and in case of Oreimo and Hyouka, we shouldn't forget about Yuuichi Nakamura, either. Nakamura-san and Sato-san; Kyosuke and Manami in Oreimo, Houtaro Oreki and Eru Chitanda in Hyouka.

Nakamura-san is also known as Alto Saotome in MF.

Back to Sato-san. Taketatsu-san and Sato-san are both Kirino/ Manami and Azu-nyan/ Ricchan in K-on!

P.S. In Hyouka. Mayaka Ibara was Ai Kayano... Yeah! Meiko Honma A.K.A. Menma in AnoHana! This was the most surprising thing for me recently!

Edited by antibiotictab

Both Mayuri Shiina and Kuroneko are played by the same VA, Kana Hanazawa. So different styles...

I am not a Seiyuu freak, but I can understand why they have many fans in Japan.

You just blew my f^ckin' mind!

Edit: OMG, she's Chiaki and Sengoku too!

Edited by Keith

Well, willpower lost out, and I signed up for that crunchyroll accoint. Just watchex Oreimo 2 ep 8.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That ending......If things don't work out in ep 9.... [\spoiler]

Wigh that said, totally added Squid Girl 2, Working 2, Titan, and a few others immediately into my queue.

Keith you gotta fix your spoiler tag or you're going to make some Oreimo fans very unhappy :lol:

Well Qwaser is more or less bought just so I can say years later "Yeah remember that horrible, horrible show with the breast milk? I own that.". As for Kampfer I enjoyed the tv series because I saw it as a bit of a parody of several genre's like magical girl, fighting girl clothes shredding, and things like pokemon with the entrails animals.

I'm also toying with the idea of doing a panel on ecchi next year covering what it is, how its different from hentai, good shows(Najica and Freezing for example), and bad ones(Qwaser).

One thing I'll give Kampfer is that Shizuku is a very unorthodox female anime character. The way she totally claims her man in front of the other girls is quite unusual for a series of this kind.

You just blew my f^ckin' mind!

Edit: OMG, she's Chiaki and Sengoku too!

She also provided the voice for Black Rock Shooter's Mato Kuroi and Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai's Kobato.

about to break into Fate; Stay/Night for the first time. heard some good things about this one,

though i've never thought to give the show a spin 'till now. i sure do like Saber-chan♥ a whole lot though... :)

25b50e98621507d8f44d3f50ff2d5040_zps076d

Edited by Shaorin

It was adapted from hentai, are you surprised? Anyway, continuing through Soul Eater and Excel Saga with both being at ep 9. For the former, why do people make a big deal about Crona's gender? He's clearly male even if he is voiced by female voice actresses in various languages; I also would have taken Excalibur's offer, with a weapon that powerful participating in storytelling seems worth it if I could get myself unbanned from places with it. For the latter, wow is it still obnoxious with episode 8 being what I can only describe as the most failed attempt at misandry ever. This series has a good chance of getting either a 2/10 or 3/10 from me, can't give it a 1/10 because afro guy is amusing.

After looking at RL1's list, maybe I should take on Lesbian Butt Bodacious Space Pirates just to see why people talk about it.

Edited by DuelGundam2099

about to break into Fate; Stay/Night for the first time. heard some good things about this one,

though i've never thought to give the show a spin 'till now. i sure do like Saber-chan♥

The original series was mediocre at best IMO.

Fate Night Zero though? DAMN good! I had to rent it but ill definately be picking up the two BD boxes eventually.

Fate Night Zero though? DAMN good! I had to rent it but ill definately be picking up the two BD boxes eventually.

I'll second that. I caught a few eps online, though sadly the eps were incomplete. Hoping to find a boxset at a local DVD store.

the first time around, i dropped Shikabane Hime after just a couple of episodes. for some reason the dual uzis turned me off. at the time it seemed pedestrian to put holes in monsters after just seeing the hack and slash of Claymore.

this time i saw it through to sate my seemingly periodic craving for girls with guns. it wasn't great but not bad either. the premise was interesting enough but unfortunately it was inconsistently fleshed out. at times the writers seemed to be rewriting the rules as they go. overall, i liked it enough to watch both seasons over the course of a week. but then, man, that ending! i don't think i've ever watched anything, anime or otherwise, that ended as abruptly as Shikabane Hime did.

Thought FS/N was pretty decent when I saw it years ago, but have yet to catch FNZ.

About to start MacZero > SDFM Marathon

Edited by raptormesh

Yeah, Shikabane Hime does stop abruptly, I'm still holding out hope for an eventual movie.I just finished Usagi Drop, which I also thought ran kinda fast, only to find out that the manga jumps ahead a decade after the ztory covered in the series ends.

Well thanks to my vacation and memorial day off I was able to get through a chunk of my haul.

Bodacious Space Pirates- Great show! I really loved the pacing. You could see really where other shows would have wasted time and stretched a handful of episodes like the initial training cruise arc into an entire season, but BSP just keeps rolling along at a brisk pace. The characters are all memorable too, and they interact great together, and no one comes off as annoying. If there's anything bad its that the ending left me waiting with anticipation for the movie coming out soon.

Cobra Space Adventure- This is the feature film rerelease from discotek, and I have to say they did a heck of a job remastering it. My only complaint is that its fairly brief and doesn't always make clear what is going on. It also has that classic 60-70s trippy visual effects at times.

Allison & Lillia series 2- I can't state enough how much of a classic this show is. If you liked Porrco Rosso or alternate history novels set around pre WWII this is perfect for you.

Castle of Cagliostro- Epic classic, and probably my top Ghibli film. I doubt I can say anymore than has already been said.

Mad Bull 34- This is one of those bad shows that is so bad it ends up being insanely entertaining. Especially if you watch the dub. The last episode is also rather entertaining for the sheer amount of references to 80s american pop culture with thing like robocop, airwolf, predator, alien, and Lethal Weapon. Be warned though, there are boobies, and women aren't exactly shown in a possitive light. They come in three flavors hooker, psychob****, or rape victim. I would be embaressed if this show wasn't so bat **** crazy and over the top. Where else are you going to find a NYPD officer that looks like Mike Hagger wearing the powerloader from aliens fighting the predator in the middle of Yankee Stadium?

Shin Getter Robo Vs Neo Getter Robo- I'm about half way through this OVA series, and finding it very entertaining. Its a bit of a adjustment given that my only other experience with Getter was the very dark Armageddon(which was good in its own different way). As I understand it this series is closer to what the regular Getter Robo is, and that's not bad. I'm really enjoying the two hot heads from the different robo's arguing over who can take more pain, and who has suffered the most injuries, when they aren't smacking each other around for the hell of it. On a side note, I think I can understand what took it so long to be released in the states, given its vintage of 2000-01 and the very first thing you see is New York with the saurion forces overshadowing the world trade centers before the city is subsiquently blown up in less than two minutes.

Well, I just finished SD Gundam Force, marathoning the last 20 episodes today. I'll post the thoughts in detail in the thread, but to say real quickly, this is one of the best entries in the franchise, most under rated by FAR. Plus V2 Gundam officially gets knocked off as my all time favorite gundam. Now if only that silly cliffhanger was not added on the last two minutes of the last episode.

I'm enjoying Macross Frontier for the 1st time. Only 4 episodes to go and I'm not really sure how it's going to end. I like that aspect, which is something that I can't say for Hollywood as of late.