What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

Most recent was:

Strike Witches Season One - the closest I've seen of a perpetual panty shot, the pervert in me loved it, but the plot was weak (beware the lolicon)

Dance in the Vampire Bund - this was awesome and a nice surprise (beware the lolicon)

Halo Legends - it was all right, I didn't play the games much and had no expectations

Check out my anime review blog (address is in my sig) for more.

Most recent was:

Strike Witches Season One - the closest I've seen of a perpetual panty shot, the pervert in me loved it, but the plot was weak (beware the lolicon)

You have not seen anything my friend untill you have watched the AIKa series(agent aika in the US) or its spinoff Najica blitz tactics. 300% more panty shots, 100% better plots, and 90% less lolicon. Another plus is studio fantasia the creator of both series has a love for classic cold war aircraft and WWII military vehicles. The main badguys ship in AIKa is a salvaged and modfied Bismarck battleship!

Just saw the first episode of Aquarion Evol and it looks pretty good!!! ^_^

Is it a sequel, prequel or a reload of the Aquarion TV series? I'd heard the name but thought it was a videogame or something...he he, I have to inform myself better.

Is it a sequel, prequel or a reload of the Aquarion TV series? I'd heard the name but thought it was a videogame or something...he he, I have to inform myself better.

I just started watching Aquarion and it is a little confusing. This is like an Evangelion/Vandread hybrid show. Using giant mecha to fight angels?

Is it me or does the Aquarion head designs remind anyone of the VF-25 designs? :blink:

Is it me or does the Aquarion head designs remind anyone of the VF-25 designs? :blink:

Now what on earth would make you think that. I mean it's not like Shōji Kawamori wrote, directed, and provided mechanical designs for Aquarion or anything. :rolleyes:

Books-ShojiKawamoriDesignWorks.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

I just started watching Aquarion and it is a little confusing. This is like an Evangelion/Vandread hybrid show. Using giant mecha to fight angels?

The VF-25 was totally a rip-off of the Nirvash Type-0 from Eureka Seven. Whowever designed that should totally sue Kawamori and the Aquarion guy!!

The VF-25 was totally a rip-off of the Nirvash Type-0 from Eureka Seven. Whowever designed that should totally sue Kawamori and the Aquarion guy!!

Nah they're complete rip offs of Omega Boost!

Anyways just finished the second season of Sekirei, and was a little dissapointed for two reasons. First very little happened in the way of plot aside from two episodes. Secondly its sucks knowing we have to wait another 1-3 years before we get another season!

I've also begun Samurai Girls. The first episode was actually fairly dark and action filled, its too bad the following episodes are starting to fall into the typical fan service/harem anime situations. Still I like the art style the characters are all typical anime fare, but the backgrounds are amazingly done in a cell shaded way so they look like those classic wood cut pictures out of japanses lore.

Finally I have to agree with PetarB Sword of the Stranger is a true classic, and I also highly recomend it. The fight scenes are amazing.

I watched Sekirei a couple of weeks ago, after someone suggested it. He was right, you have to really get past all of the blatant and abundant fanservice to even get any kind of story. ...and when you get the story, it really isn't anything to brag about. I finished both seasons and I'm not really looking forward to any new content. It was very "meh" to me. Even the ridiculously well-endowed women weren't enough to save the series for me. PASS. <_<

Oh, I did recognize the voice actor for Seo. After a hunch, I looked up the seiyuus and sure enough... Katsuyuki Konishi voiced him... goddamn Ozma himself (and Kamina, for that matter). I didn't recognize her, but Aya Endo (Sheryl Nome) was Matsu. Just something I thought you guys might find interesting.

Edited by frothymug

Nah they're complete rip offs of Omega Boost!

They actually ripped off Robotech.

I'm watching Full Metal Panic, does that count as Modern enough? Almost gave up after episode 2 since it seemed like it would slant far too much into High School Hijinks territory, glad I didn't after seeing episodes 3 and 4.

I also picked up the first Vampire Hunter D Manga book thing (don't know what to call them) but have not read it yet.

It's a sequel, but it takes place 12,000 years after the Aquarion TV series, allegedly.

Currently watching Blue Gender, catching up on K-On!, and afterwards, will go ahead in finding something completely new to watch.

Wait, I'm not the only one on this site that ejnoys K-ON!

Wait, I'm not the only one on this site that ejnoys K-ON!

Nope, I enjoy watching it myself. I'm not just into the mecha and robot anime. Being in a couple bands myself, I guess that's why this one stuck with me.

The only thing you need to know in Aquarion: Gattai = Sex.

Exactly! Everytime the three Vector units merge, all the pilots look like they are experiencing the climatic "Ohhhhhhh!" phase. Silvia seems to enjoy it more than the rest.

I did not know Kawamori designed the Aquarion. Now it makes sense. The Vectors look a bit too much like the VF-19. And when the Vectors combined into the Aquarion, it looks like an armored VF-25.

It's a sequel, but it takes place 12,000 years after the Aquarion TV series, allegedly.

Ok. Thanks.

Well I watched the series so I might as well pick this one up later on. And yeah, the "Gattai" scenes are hilarious.

While waiting for the next episode of Nisemonogatari I'm watching the so far very dissapointing Lunar Legend Tsukihime. Some potential in the story, but the pacing and the dialogue are horrible.

The last episodes of Aquarion were full of Macross Frontier style action (missile spam, VF-25 type gunpods, Alto versus Brera type fight). To top it off, the Aquarion units transformed from fighter to gerwalk to battroid mode. I was expecting Apollo(who sounds like Alto) to yell "RANKAAAAA!" instead of "Silvia!".

After the dissapointing Lunar Legend Tsukihime I decided that I wanted to watch something were no one says "oni-chan" 5 times an episode and no there's no maid outfits.

After a bit of research, Black Lagoon it is.

After the dissapointing Lunar Legend Tsukihime I decided that I wanted to watch something were no one says "oni-chan" 5 times an episode and no there's no maid outfits.

After a bit of research, Black Lagoon it is.

You may be dissapointed on the maid outfit thing :)

Finished Samurai girls. Currently splitting time between Sacred Blacksmith and the Original Dirty Pair tv series. I got a lot on my plate right now, and it really doesn't seem like I have enough time.

After these two I think I'll start Blassreiter or Full Metal Panic the second raid. I also have Air Gear and some other anime I still haven't finished like Suzuka that I picked up at last years anime boston. I am so depressed with the feeling I may never finish watching everything I own.

Watched 20th century boys1-3, Patlabor the movie 1&2. Wish patlabor had a cheaper blu-ray release.

On to gunbuster. Just trying to decide to watch the ova's or film version.

That's no decision, if you have the option of watching the OVA version, then that's what you watch.

You may be dissapointed on the maid outfit thing :)

I don't think he'll be disappointed by the one in Black Lagoon though.....

:D

Ha ha! I swear I didn't see that one coming. I should never, never underestimate the appeal of the 'maido' in anime culture. :D But "Roberta" is definitely a different kind of maid so I'm perfectly ok with this one.

Black Lagoon is exactly the kind of action packed series I wanted to watch. And when the assortment of bad guys includes nazis and drug dealing nuns I really cannot complain. And have I mentioned that I really like Revy's choice of wardrobe?

Watched 20th century boys1-3, Patlabor the movie 1&2. Wish patlabor had a cheaper blu-ray release.

On to gunbuster. Just trying to decide to watch the ova's or film version.

OVA all the way.