1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY!! I was able to transform my VF-19P into Gerwalk mode, after much effort, okay days trying to riggle the shoulders loose. Managed to get one fingernail down one side, and the other down the other side, and rotate the shoulder until it popped loose. Will have pictures up soon after some editing.

FINALLY!! I was able to transform my VF-19P into Gerwalk mode, after much effort, okay days trying to riggle the shoulders loose. Managed to get one fingernail down one side, and the other down the other side, and rotate the shoulder until it popped loose. Will have pictures up soon after some editing.

You should file down the clips on the leg side a little so that you can pop the shoulders off more easily without needing so much effort or worrying something will break. I did that and afterwards, I could pop it off with my fingers instead of having to wedge a screwdriver in there.

Good pics, alchemo!

Just got done with weathering my RVF-25 and giving it a matte coat.
Here's fighter pics for now. Other modes coming later.

RVF-25_Luca_Fighter_01.jpg

RVF-25_Luca_Fighter_02.jpg

RVF-25_Luca_Fighter_03.jpg

RVF-25_Luca_Fighter_04.jpg

RVF-25_Luca_Fighter_05.jpg

RVF-25_Luca_Fighter_06.jpg

RVF-25_Luca_Fighter_07.jpg

RVF-25_Luca_Fighter_08.jpg

RVF-25_Luca_Fighter_09.jpg

RVF-25_Luca_Fighter_10.jpg

RVF-25_Luca_Fighter_11.jpg

Older pic with RVF-25 shopped in because I'm lazy and didn't want to have to transform everything to take the shot :p

SMS Skull Squadron

VF-25_Skull%2520Squadron.jpg

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Thanks TCracker and MacrossJunkie, They definately looks better with weathering and matt clear coat.

I don't think I will do the weathring as I never managed the airbrush well enough but I am very much tempted to clear coat my valks, both Bandai and Yamato,

I'll have to stick with spraycan I guess.

Great job on the weathering and panel lining MacrossJunkie and pretty cool pictures.

Does are not the worst pictures of different shades of green plastic on the RVF-25 V1. I really liked the toys when I first saw them but in comparison with the Renewals they made me realize how hideous they are. :lol:

Thanks TCracker and MacrossJunkie, They definately looks better with weathering and matt clear coat.

I don't think I will do the weathring as I never managed the airbrush well enough but I am very much tempted to clear coat my valks, both Bandai and Yamato,

I'll have to stick with spraycan I guess.

I started out doing weathering with the Tamiya weathering kits. Three of my four VF-25's were done using those. I only started using the airbrush much more in recent times after a lot of practice and use lead me to become more comfortable with it. I would suggest giving the Tamiya kits a try if you're interested in doing some weathering to your valks. Even doing some panel lining helps the detail pop more.

Looks great and nice job on the weathering, now you just need some fast packs for Luca!

Thanks. I ordered the super pack for Luca, more so for the ghosts than the super packs as I don't really like the look of the super packs much, but I'll use them anyway. Hoping for tornado packs to come out eventually for the F and G.

Oh man, those colors, they look so bad on the v.1

Yeah I know, right? I've always thought it looked horrible from the moment I took it out of the box. It looks especially bad without the super packs to break things up more and make the uneven colors less obvious.

Back to the pics. My VF-25 Skull Squadron in battroid mode:

SMS_VF-25_Skull_Squadron_Battroid.jpg

Definitely the Ghosts for Luca, if Bandai is making the CF VF-25 finally you would hope the Tornado packs should be right around the corner! B))

Here is hoping, i always preferred the Tornado packs on alto than the super parts.

Keeping the traction for renewal valks...

dscn7938.jpg

dscn7939.jpg

dscn7352.jpg

Edited by TCracker

I decided my VB-6 needed some attention because it was looking out of place amongst all my other weathered stuff. So I decided to give it the same treatment.

I think I'm going to start using smaller thumbnails. The 800px width ones I've been using just requires too much scrolling which is compounded when people reply with all pics intact. This ought to make it less of an annoyance for people, hopefully. Clicking still gives the full sized version.

Here's shuttle mode for now.

VB-6_shuttle_01.jpg VB-6_shuttle_02.jpg

VB-6_shuttle_03.jpg VB-6_shuttle_04.jpg

VB-6_shuttle_05.jpg VB-6_shuttle_06.jpg

VB-6_shuttle_07.jpg

Beautiful as always!!! Very inspirational.

Damn you... there's been several toys I didn't think I wanted until you made it all "purty" - when my daughter has no shoes, I will tell her its your fault ;-) Actually I wasn't into the Bandai renewal line at all, I got one of the v1 VF-25F Tornado (being told it was the best of the bunch) and that along with their model kits really left a bad taste in my mouth. Then I see one of your renewals all weathered up and it was like Damn! Now, I'm totally into the renewals and my wallet is hurtin'

How's the matte/semi-gloss clear coat holding up to the transformations? Is any of it scratching/scrapping? What clear coat are you using?

Nooooo... I didn't mean to make kids shoeless... =(

I'm just spraying Future on my stuff with some Tamiya flat base mixed in. Putting in less so that it's more of a semi-gloss does seem to be a bit more durable against scraping parts. Either way, I just try to be careful while transforming them and the clear coats hold up fine for me. It just takes me longer to transform due to the extra care I take. Most of the valks have been pretty good about this with the exception of the VF-19. I tested it and I just can't clear coat it without the coating scraping off the nose cone with every transformation to battroid. I get a little scratching on the shoulders of the 17/171 if I'm not too careful. The shoulders on the VF-1's can be a bit tricky for me as well. Otherwise, it's really not too bad and most are fixable.

So do you use the Future with Tamiya flat straight or do you thin the future with something? I find Future really too thick to spray on its own. I still like use the Model Master Clear Acryl clear coats, but they are delicate.

I do it straight out of the bottle. I'm still on an older bottle of Future that I got many years ago. I haven't tried the newer re-branded kind from Pledge so it's possible they might have thickened it up a bit. If so, I would just put in some acrylic thinner then.

P.S. If it helps to ensure your daughter gets shoes, I promise to take a bunch of friends to go see Pacific Rim when it comes out ;-)

Ah! Acrylic thinner... of course that would work. I've always wondered what to thin that stuff with. My bottle of Future is also about 10yrs old too - they don't make stuff like they used to!

I wish I was higher up the food chain to actually get residual cheques or royalties... but all I can hope for is that its a big enough financial hit that they will want to film a sequel back in town and hire me again.

Here's the VB-6 in its GERWALK configuration.

VB-6_GERWALK_01.jpg VB-6_GERWALK_02.jpg

VB-6_GERWALK_03.jpg VB-6_GERWALK_04.jpg

Ah! Acrylic thinner... of course that would work. I've always wondered what to thin that stuff with. My bottle of Future is also about 10yrs old too - they don't make stuff like they used to!

I wish I was higher up the food chain to actually get residual cheques or royalties... but all I can hope for is that its a big enough financial hit that they will want to film a sequel back in town and hire me again.

Well, here's to hoping the movie does well and they decide to make another and bring you back on board (and hopefully you get the chance to sneak some more Macross influences/easter eggs in while you're at it). :)